Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Lions v Swans Sun July 21st 1:10pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was barracking for Brisbane. But I don’t think the Swans lost anything from that result. Playing away, pretty warm day, down 2 players, and Hayward limited. Plus Brisbane had a lot more to play for.

Good match. Poorest game from Lachie Neale for a long time.

Neale gets easily tagged too often.

Awesome game of footy, could’ve fallen either way and obviously glad it fell in Brisbanes favour. I’ve grown up hating Sydney the club but man, they have a lot of likeable players and are great to watch.

Surely lost no fans on that effort, away from home with a few players down.
There’s been a few posters from both sides spudding it up in this thread but this post was all class. Well done today and good luck for the rest of the season 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully that’s the grand final preview, with the same result haha (minus the injuries)
God you were doing so well until the bolded part. Enjoy your ban!!

Even if we take what you’re saying at face value the point still stands. If you’d told me before the game that we’d lose Rampe and Papley and we’d have Hayward on one leg I’d have said we’d lose by 5+ goals
You severely overrate Brisbane, who have been scratching by in a lot of games against so-so opposition.

They're getting the job done but have only had a few genuinely impressive performances this season.

You severely overrate Brisbane, who have been scratching by in a lot of games against so-so opposition.

They're getting the job done but have only had a few genuinely impressive performances this season.
Winners are grinners but all things being equal like to play them fully healthy anywhere any time tbh. Being fully healthy again though this year looks unlikely now though so moot point i suppose. Had our luck early in the year with injuries I suppose but 3 out before this game with 2 being possible extended period and today 3 for who knows how long. Rampe 1 of the 3 looks done with the old mans curse the the calf.

Winners are grinners but all things being equal like to play them fully healthy anywhere any time tbh. Being fully healthy again though this year looks unlikely now though so moot point i suppose. Had our luck early in the year with injuries I suppose but 3 out before this game with 2 being possible extended period and today 3 for who knows how long. Rampe 1 of the 3 looks done with the old mans curse the the calf.
It’s not 2018 mate no one is concerned about the corpse of Rampe matchup in 2024.

Hope not. It's still better to get (minor) injuries now while well on top of the ladder, than in round 23 or week 1 of finals.

Most of them should be back for finals. Match fitness could be questionable for some, but only if they are 5-6 week injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Lions v Swans Sun July 21st 1:10pm AEST (Gabba)

Back