Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

High scoring game. R9 2024. Hawks by 7
Low scoring game r22 2023. Hawks by 3

Will be close

I’m not saying a repeat, often the opposite happens, but those saying the dogs are clearly better, explain why they didn’t actually win, given huge ladder discrepancy both times?

Season on the line for bulldogs in 2023 too

Deafening silence

Yeh der, but your list managers have looked at your list and decided the area it's going hard is the key defensive posts. Do you think that's a coincidence? Do you think that's a ringing endorsement of the current cattle to deliver you a premiership?

Guess what Hawks fans - your team's not the finished product and it's highly likely you'll get exposed by a very good forward line in your first final in years. It's nothing to get defensive about, you've done brilliantly and you'll continue to get better.

And btw I'll be cheering for you madly on Friday night.

So the current guys… do they just give up knowing the club will apparently replace them next year

OR will they be be even more motivated to give a good account of themselves?

Enormous gulf in top-end ability between Hawthorn and the bulldogs. Line up both sides school-yard style and pick the best 10. Would be at least 7-3 Dogs way

Bontempelli
Treloar
Ugle-Hagan
Darcy
Liberatore
English
Dale
Moore
D'Ambrosio
Newcombe

If the Hawks are to win its on system and having all 23 players contribute.
Day
Naughton
Sicily
Ed Richards.

???

Enormous gulf in top-end ability between Hawthorn and the bulldogs. Line up both sides school-yard style and pick the best 10. Would be at least 7-3 Dogs way

Bontempelli
Treloar
Ugle-Hagan
Darcy
Liberatore
English
Dale
Moore
D'Ambrosio
Newcombe

I refuse to believe you are a Hawthorn supporter with this list and the names you are missing

For my football life the hawks tormented the dogs in finals with their superstars. Lethal Leigh in 85. Buddy in that three peat era.

The hawks team always had the answers for those dogs teams.

I feel now that it reversed now. Hawthorn are the team with a lot of good players and the dogs have the great ones.

Now the dogs have the greatest weapon of them of all in the middle of the ground. If hawthorn don’t stop him they will get destroyed. “We all know who he is off course it’s him”. That should send shivers down Mitchell’s spine. He was there that night and matched up on him at times. He is 10 times better player than that night.

fun aside if bont gets it 25 times or more one of those big 3 up forward are kicking goals. I suspect Darcy will be the problem. If those bigs are marking it then hawthorn can’t move it end to end.

The thing I remember most about the earlier season game was the dogs were horrific with there turnovers and lost by kick.

But let’s hope the weather doesn’t play to much of a factor even though I think it won’t affect the dogs to much if it did rain we only have to look at geelong a few weeks ago.

For my football life the hawks tormented the dogs in finals with their superstars. Lethal Leigh in 85. Buddy in that three peat era.

I feel now that it reversed now. Hawthorn are the team with a lot of good players and the dogs have the great ones.

Now the dogs have the greatest weapon of them of all in the middle of the ground. If hawthorn don’t stop him they will get destroyed. “We all know who he is off course it’s him”. That should send shivers down Mitchell’s spine. He was there that night and matched up on him at times. He is 10 times better player than that night.

fun aside if bont gets it 25 times or more one of those big 3 up forward are kicking goals. I suspect Darcy will be the problem. If those bigs are marking it then hawthorn can’t move it end to end.

The thing I remember most about the earlier season game was the dogs were horrific with there turnovers and lost by kick.

But let’s hope the weather doesn’t play to much of a factor even though I think it won’t affect the dogs to much if it did rain we only have to look at geelong a few weeks ago.
Not sure if Bont (are we allowed to say his name?) sends shivers down a 4 time GF winner, multiple BnF and Brownlow winner's spine

Game is going to be a fantastic watch

... Line up both sides school-yard style and pick the best 10. Would be at least 7-3 Dogs way

Bontempelli
Treloar
Ugle-Hagan
Darcy
Liberatore
English
Dale
Moore
D'Ambrosio
Newcombe
Bont
Day
Sicily
Moore
Newcombe
Treloar
Libba
Ugle-Hagan
Scrimshaw
Dale
Edit: Oops forgot Hardwick 🤦
easily the best small defender playing on Thurs

Richards Amon MacDonald West Naughton Impey English Meek

Last edited:

Bontempelli
Treloar
Ugle-Hagan
Darcy
Liberatore
English
Dale
Moore
D'Ambrosio
Newcombe

Sicily better than every player on that list except Bont.

Bont was your best player last 2 games against Hawthorn and you still lost those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont Liba Treloar Richards
vs
Newcombe Worpel Nash Maginness?

Enormous gulf in ability between those 2 quartets

Bont is in a league of his own.

Rank the rest for us though.

Is Treloar playing by the way??
Dogs will have a big advantage if he gets up now that Day is confirmed out.

Regardless, Nash and Maginness are strong midfielders defensively, so I'm not too stressed about the collective Dogs mids dominating us around the ground or at stoppages.

Part of the fun of it all, great way to gauge how opposing fans are feeling and the Hawks fans by in large are extremely confident. I personally think there a legit holes in that confidence but my opinion carries zero weight at the end of the day.
Hawks fans are confident because largely the result doesn't matter. There's no pressure as we were 0-5, and largely considered a monty for the spoon

Fair to say both teams are travelling better than then. Fwd lines clicking much better. I thing we needed Sicily to put in a big one from memory
Sicily played most of the game injured and was a liability, so much so that he approached Sam in the last and asked if he could be thrown forward. Fortunately this move saw him take a mark and kick the winning goal.

Hawks fans are confident because largely the result doesn't matter. There's no pressure as we were 0-5, and largely considered a monty for the spoon
Rubbish. Every final matters. No guarantee that either team will be strong again in 2025.

If you’re not nervous you are doing it wrong!!

Have expectations not changed now as you have won 14 since starting the season donuts? To say there is no pressure is rubbish. Many people are tipping Hawks so there is external pressure there.

To think it will just happen over the next few years is fantasy thinking

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back