Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish. Every final matters. No guarantee that either team will be strong again in 2025.

If you’re not nervous you are doing it wrong!!

We're still nervous, that can't be helped. We're just not going to be devastated if the boys come up short this year, as our team is young and has years of development ahead of it. Not true of most teams playing this week. :)

We're still nervous, that can't be helped. We're just not going to be devastated if the boys come up short this year, as our team is young and has years of development ahead of it. Not true of most teams playing this week. :)

Posting on the MB too!

IMG_9308.gif

I’m looking forward to finals footy so much I can barely breathe!

Good luck to EVERYONE who’s clubs are involved.
If the Dogs weren’t involved I would be totally disengaged. I’d probably watch if other family members’ teams were playing but my support wouldn’t be whole-hearted. It would only be neutral interest.

Enormous gulf in top-end ability between Hawthorn and the bulldogs. Line up both sides school-yard style and pick the best 10. Would be at least 7-3 Dogs way

Bontempelli
Treloar
Ugle-Hagan
Darcy
Liberatore
English
Dale
Moore
D'Ambrosio
Newcombe

If the Hawks are to win its on system and having all 23 players contribute.
Sicily is the guy who kills us.
I expect we put a defensive forward on him - West got the role in the past, or perhaps Harmes comes in to do them job.

Enormous gulf in top-end ability between Hawthorn and the bulldogs. Line up both sides school-yard style and pick the best 10. Would be at least 7-3 Dogs way

Bontempelli
Treloar
Ugle-Hagan
Darcy
Liberatore
English
Dale
Moore
D'Ambrosio
Newcombe

Sicily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this 50/50 voting serious?
People have been sucked in by the hawks beating up on 10th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, plus the Carlton and Collingwood VFL sides since the bye.
Complete flat track bullies, as soon as a side puts work into them they will and have gone to water. It’s a final so it’s a given.

I can’t see how this will be close, in what area of the ground are Hawthorn even remotely as talented as the Dogs?
The Dogs forwards compared to theirs are 10 times better as is the midfield especially without Day.
Hawks lacking key backs but they’ll get those next year.
Hopefully I’m wrong especially if my cats lose as I want to knock them out.

I just can’t see how anyone could possibly think Hawks are a chance. They’re not playing Richmond, north or west coast.

For all the talk about better talent/system/form/defense etc. I’d bet that one of the main factors is goal kicking. I know that’s obvious as it’s almost always a factor, but as a nervous supporter whose team has form in butchering opportunities (particularly set shots) this is a massive concern.

Watch the first quarter be a fairly strong dogs performance in territory, contest and clearance then at QT realise it means not much as the scoreboard reads 1.7 to 2.1 or something similar.

Dogs need to mark or at least lock the ball inside their attacking 50 otherwise the Hawks will torch the field with their speed.

Also the dodgy goal kicking all season could come back to bite us in the ass.

Bontempelli
Treloar
Ugle-Hagan
Darcy
Liberatore
English
Dale
Moore
D'Ambrosio
Newcombe

Remove English, insert Richards

Is this 50/50 voting serious?
People have been sucked in by the hawks beating up on 10th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, plus the Carlton and Collingwood VFL sides since the bye.
Complete flat track bullies, as soon as a side puts work into them they will and have gone to water. It’s a final so it’s a given.

I can’t see how this will be close, in what area of the ground are Hawthorn even remotely as talented as the Dogs?
The Dogs forwards compared to theirs are 10 times better as is the midfield especially without Day.
Hawks lacking key backs but they’ll get those next year.
Hopefully I’m wrong especially if my cats lose as I want to knock them out.

I just can’t see how anyone could possibly think Hawks are a chance. They’re not playing Richmond, north or west coast.

So how come hawks won the last two v dogs?

It's a shame that the preview thread for the most anticipated final has been inundated with people trying to get a rise due to insecurities.

I haven't really heard us be referred to as flat track bullies after winning 14 from our last 18 games.
Must certainly be a a crazy amount of weak teams this year in that case!

Mackenzie out makes the task a lot harder. Missing two of our brightest young mids is devastating for both the side and the individuals.

Cats fans melting at the fact we are in finals

God its funny

Some would be yes but I’ve been happy you won games, you’ve done us a few favours this year.
Without you we don’t finish top 4 plus how are we meant to beat you in finals if you’re not there?

I also hope you beat the dogs, especially if we lose tonight. Logically I can’t see you winning but if we can get the good sides out that would be great.

To answer the other poster on how you beat the dogs, it’s h&a, teams and especially those Bulldogs experiment. There was talk of sacking Beveridge after that woeful display. Surely Hawthorn fans understand the difference between finals and h&a?

I think you’re in for a shock, been made to look good. I don’t recall much excitement from Hawthorn when we played you.

Mackenzie is a big loss. Messes with a pretty settled midfield group and whoever replaces him just isn't quite as good.

Some would be yes but I’ve been happy you won games, you’ve done us a few favours this year.
Without you we don’t finish top 4 plus how are we meant to beat you in finals if you’re not there?

I also hope you beat the dogs, especially if we lose tonight. Logically I can’t see you winning but if we can get the good sides out that would be great.

To answer the other poster on how you beat the dogs, it’s h&a, teams and especially those Bulldogs experiment. There was talk of sacking Beveridge after that woeful display. Surely Hawthorn fans understand the difference between finals and h&a?

I think you’re in for a shock, been made to look good. I don’t recall much excitement from Hawthorn when we played you.
Apparently it only affects us

Was plenty of excitement prior to the games, post the second one, not as much

Made to look good, such a dumb comment, made to look good by who? the AFL, it must be a conspiracy

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back