Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently it only affects us

Was plenty of excitement prior to the games, post the second one, not as much

Made to look good, such a dumb comment, made to look good by who? the AFL, it must be a conspiracy

By the most sub standard afl sides I’ve ever seen. North, tigers, eagles, the Carlton vfl side.
You’ve looked a million dollars!
You can do as you like when you’re allowed.

Did you see our 1st half vs West Coast? Scintillating, stunning, masterful. Cameron is probably the best player to ever play the game watching that.
You see the difference between our sides is we don’t let that performance give us some warped idea on how great we are. You do!

Some would be yes but I’ve been happy you won games, you’ve done us a few favours this year.
Without you we don’t finish top 4 plus how are we meant to beat you in finals if you’re not there?

I also hope you beat the dogs, especially if we lose tonight. Logically I can’t see you winning but if we can get the good sides out that would be great.

To answer the other poster on how you beat the dogs, it’s h&a, teams and especially those Bulldogs experiment. There was talk of sacking Beveridge after that woeful display. Surely Hawthorn fans understand the difference between finals and h&a?

I think you’re in for a shock, been made to look good. I don’t recall much excitement from Hawthorn when we played you.

Bulldogs 2023 loss to hawks ruled out finals. Experimenting?

Btw when Geelong beat hawthorn, we were experimenting

By the most sub standard afl sides I’ve ever seen. North, tigers, eagles, the Carlton vfl side.

Did you see our 1st half vs West Coast? Scintillating, stunning, masterful. Cameron is probably the best player to ever play the game watching that.
You see the difference between our sides is we don’t let that performance give us some warped idea on how great we are. You do!

Calls eagles sub standard, then bursts into poetry about cats beating them. Surely a troll

Some would be yes but I’ve been happy you won games, you’ve done us a few favours this year.
Without you we don’t finish top 4 plus how are we meant to beat you in finals if you’re not there?

I also hope you beat the dogs, especially if we lose tonight. Logically I can’t see you winning but if we can get the good sides out that would be great.

To answer the other poster on how you beat the dogs, it’s h&a, teams and especially those Bulldogs experiment. There was talk of sacking Beveridge after that woeful display. Surely Hawthorn fans understand the difference between finals and h&a?

I think you’re in for a shock, been made to look good. I don’t recall much excitement from Hawthorn when we played you.
Your post reeks of arrogance.

Good luck with your attitude I think you’ll be the one in for The shock.

We started to realise how great we COULD be after beating teams in the top 8 who looked like finalists (GWS, Freo, Collingwood, Carlton) despite going into the season hoping for a small increase on our 7 wins from 2023.

14 wins from 18 games, with two of those losses by a combined 3 points to two top 4 sides after being 5 goals up at 3 quarter time in both.

Finishing the season with the bottom 2 sides was a fixture quirk and nothing more.

We'll also ignore the Dogs getting spanked by a bottom 4 Adelaide side and playing the same North Melbourne we did only 7 days prior to our 124 point win? Anything to suit the narrative?

I actually think we get rolled tomorrow night if I'm honest. Been a hell of a ride to get here, but Mackenzie and Day are huge outs. We're also playing the one side who should match up really well against us.

Nothing changes the fact that we kept fronting up each week and just kept on winning.

We're not just coming anymore... we're here. 2025 is going to be FUN, regardless of tomorrow nights result.

Last edited:

Im here for reasonable discourse

Not the rantings of a delusional poster

Enjoy straight sets

That was the point, to sound like a Hawthorn fan and talk about how great we are for smashing them.
All we hear is how exciting you are when you beat up on those teams. So I thought I would try it.

Not me. Friday will be hard fought, close and won by the team taking opportunities better. Like most finals in the last couple of years.

Finals teams are even closer than last year

Winner basically has a bye next week - guaranteed home final and progress to PF in Sydney.

Also - there’s no real animus between these teams. We shared Eade, Plow, Doc, Bramble, Suckling, Beveridge, even Joyce.

Many of the losing teams supporters will likely tag along for the rest of the finals with the winner.

Going to be a great game. We’ll miss Frenchy and Daisy. Hopefully we bring the speed and tag one of Libba or Bont, although god knows how you stop Bont.

On our side the media and other continue to underestimate our mids and Chol, Scrim, Amon, Weddle and co.

Will be a ripping match. We’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

GO HAWKS

That was the point, to sound like a Hawthorn fan and talk about how great we are for smashing them.
All we hear is how exciting you are when you beat up on those teams. So I thought I would try it.

Quality melting. Four gold stars.

oT8KJp.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, true, a 20 goal win (and their biggest loss of the season) against North in the wet is nothing to write home about. I would much rather beat them by only 7 goals in the dry like Geelong did. Crazy how we've taken confidence out of that, right?

Beating Adelaide by 27 and 66 points? Nothing special. Geelong's 19 and 5 point wins over them? Much more impressive.

Beating the reigning Premiers by 66 points in the wet? Nah. Geelong's 20 point win in the dry? **** yeh!

Winner basically has a bye next week - guaranteed home final and progress to PF in Sydney.

Also - there’s no real animus between these teams. We shared Eade, Plow, Doc, Bramble, Suckling, Beveridge, even Joyce.

Many of the losing teams supporters will likely tag along for the rest of the finals with the winner.

Going to be a great game. We’ll miss Frenchy and Daisy. Hopefully we bring the speed and tag one of Libba or Bont, although god knows how you stop Bont.

On our side the media and other continue to underestimate our mids and Chol, Scrim, Amon, Weddle and co.

GO HAWKS
90% agree, Im disregarding the snipe at the pussies.

Dont forget Brian Lake, the key to your 3-peat. Definitely no rivalry/animus between us. Cant wait for tomorrow night, should be a cracker, and the winner could easily go all the way. Im quietly confident, our best is very very good atm. But so is yours. Your outs and inexperience and our size could be the difference.

Agreed, I'll be cheering on the baby Hoks if they beat us.

As a NSW dogs fan Im praying we get through this and next week and take on GWS at the egg again in a prelim - good vibes there for us ;). It was great having 75% of the crowd at their ground in '16. Might even try to get there if its Hoks v ??

BRING IT ON!!

Bont is in a league of his own.

Rank the rest for us though.

Is Treloar playing by the way??
Dogs will have a big advantage if he gets up now that Day is confirmed out.

Regardless, Nash and Maginness are strong midfielders defensively, so I'm not too stressed about the collective Dogs mids dominating us around the ground or at stoppages.
Treloar got through Wednesday training so should play. He's possibly challenging Bont for the B&F this year so it's a massive boost

GO HAWKS
How dare you forget Wayde Skipper

2008 tells us the home and away result can be flipped in finals, even grand finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back