Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 23.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Either way, was genuinely shocked with how they Port started the second half, because even though they should have been down more, I thought they had large moments of the first half where the game was on their terms. But they came out with zero intensity, zero belief, zero fight. They rolled over and gave up so fast. I think if it's another straight sets there's no way Hinkley can stay, if he has any integrity/self awareness he has to resign.
Their body language was atrocious after half time. The faces of the players on the bench was like mrn in shell shock. Whatever Kenny said during the break cooked them completely.

To be fair Ken and Port overachieved in the H&A season, but you only need to see the bottom 6 Port players to know they are still a fair bit off it. Ken and the coaching staff made few errors which didn't help with Todd Marshall being left out for Dixon and Horne-Francis missing first 6 min of the game, but Port need another 3-4 solid players in trade period.

Been 20 years since we last won 2 games in a row against the cats, last night was the best chance to do so but threw in the towel. Question is will I be alive to see us break that trend? Surely one day the cats will have a mediocre period of at least 3 seasons in a row of no finals (including a bottom 4 finish)?

What everyone with a memory expected. Port Power Coast through the season beating up on teams who offer no resistance, then when a team like Geelong comes by in a final, 2 minutes of sustained pressure is too much to handle

The “Sack Hinkley” thread on the Port board has grown by 669 posts from the start of the match until now. The level of vitriol and hatred expressed toward Ken by some “fans” is disturbing.

Such a thread, and the tone of the remarks being made would not be tolerated on any other club board.

Port fans somewhat unhappy it would seem.

Last edited:
To be fair Ken and Port overachieved in the H&A season, but you only need to see the bottom 6 Port players to know they are still a fair bit off it. Ken and the coaching staff made few errors which didn't help with Todd Marshall being left out for Dixon and Horne-Francis missing first 6 min of the game, but Port need another 3-4 solid players in trade period.
I didn't know JHF missed first 6 mins .... what was that about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Port Adelaide being demoralising after this loss, I agree. Even if the dogs beat the hawks, I would back the dogs as well.

I said this to many cats fans on their board. This qualifying final will decide everything. If cats lose to port, cats go out in straight sets.

Cats beat Port, I see the cats win the flag. I am gonna load up on cats for the flag.

Amazing that this Port side tonight beat Dockers in WA and let Carlton in the 8
You've prob missed the odds with Cats shortening up significantly abt 10 mins into the 3rd qtr last night.

QF losers have a habit of rebounding, so watch out.

This year has taught us, take it week by week as form changes fast. I wouldn't be going zero sum in any direction just yet ...

The “Sack Hinkley” thread on the Port board has grown by 669 posts from the start of the match until now. The level of vitriol and hatred expressed toward Ken by some “fans” is disturbing.

Such a thread, and the tenor of the remarks being made would not be allowed on any other club board.

Port fans somewhat unhappy it would seem.

Can’t imagine why. It’s not like they’ve been totally vindicated after enduring yet another record humiliation on the national stage, at home, as $1.30 favourites or anything.

I didn't/don't see Port as a real premiership contender, but I really thought this was as winnable a final as they could ask for. I was surprised how little the media/footy public was bringing up the recent finals history, it seemed like people had forgotten or maybe they were thinking this was a different Port.

There was one coach with a gameplan, preperation and execution vs a coach who does not know how to adjust in high pressure situations. Chris Scott even talked out loud about what the plan was and the players executed it from the first moment.

Either way, was genuinely shocked with how they Port started the second half, because even though they should have been down more, I thought they had large moments of the first half where the game was on their terms. But they came out with zero intensity, zero belief, zero fight. They rolled over and gave up so fast. I think if it's another straight sets there's no way Hinkley can stay, if he has any integrity/self awareness he has to resign.
It's almost as bad as Sydney's GF record...it's almost Collingwood levels.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was so Port.
Rolled over and said "do whatever you want".

Doesn't matter that it's a final in front of our fans, embarrass us, we like it.

Pissweak from Butters, seriously. Port will let Aliir stay on the field with a concussion in a meaningless home and away game but can't give butters a jab in a final, weak campaigner.

Love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Back