Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 23.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

But the manner of the loss was terrible. This same team smashed Geelong in the middle at KP two months ago

Last night was a debacle

Geelong have been foxing all year mate.
That earlier encounter was irrelevant.
No Dangerfield, Bruhn or Bowes and we still nearly won the game after giving them an 8 goal head start.

Those arrogant Port supporters who wondered into the Cats pregame chat and demanded we respect their club all because of their 2 month winning streak, laughable.

Champ you get the Victorian non travel fixture coupled with a genuine home ground advantage. Dont kid yourself

9 games on our home deck for the season and lost 3 of them.

Played 6 games outside of Victoria and won 4 of them.

Played 2 of our home games at our opponents home ground for a win and a loss.

West Coast got 12 games on their home deck plus a game in Adelaide v Sydney which is pretty much neutral from a travel pov.

Prior to half time of the first game might have set a new record for the fastest I've lost interest in a finals series.

Boy oh boy, if we lose tomorrow night it will feel like the entire 2024 season is over.

Heads should roll at Port for this.
Geelong have their weakest side of the past 15 years, with a 35 year old Dangerfield their only real genuine mid and their best player Stewart a late out.

How can this be the result? Disgraceful.

Stewart was close to a liability the last time the teams met.

I wonder what Travis Boak thinks of his "loyalty" now.
Could've been a premiership player, instead was stripped of the captaincy for that spud Jonas and now the gutless Rozee.

Before 2022 Geelong were found out for being really slow and static, I feel Port are like that. Worse actually.

The amount of space they are getting is ridiculous.

Yes and their orders players were cooked come finals time.

2022 he finally tinkered with the game plan / style after stubbornly refusing to for years and they managed Selwood and Dangerfield magnificently so they hit the finals cherry ripe.

It was no coincidence Danger was awarded player of the finals and, imho, should have won the NSM, like Fritsch should have won it for your lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll remember this quote. Keep em coming
Oh no you'll remember the quote. I hope the quote was something like "I'm so certain Geelong will win the flag that I will leave BigFooty forever if they don't" and not something innocuous like "I hope you enjoyed the game".

You predicted 14th for the Cats before the season started. In their mid year slump you said "See, I told you they were terrible". When they turned it around you thought they'd still miss top 4. Then it became how they would get thrashed in both finals, with an embarrassing straight sets exit. When are you just going to own up as to how wrong you have been?

All I've said, before and during the season, is that the Cats would be in the mix. A prelim for this group being far more than anyone would've given them a chance of. A great chance for a bunch of players to taste finals. I've not once got carried away and have been entirely measured about our prospects, as I will continue to be.

You can see how someone acting as I described in the second paragraph could be seen as a biased moron, right?

Oh no you'll remember the quote. I hope the quote was something like "I'm so certain Geelong will win the flag that I will leave BigFooty forever if they don't" and not something innocuous like "I hope you enjoyed the game".

You predicted 14th for the Cats before the season started. In their mid year slump you said "See, I told you they were terrible". When they turned it around you thought they'd still miss top 4. Then it became how they would get thrashed in both finals, with an embarrassing straight sets exit. When are you just going to own up as to how wrong you have been?

All I've said, before and during the season, is that the Cats would be in the mix. A prelim for this group being far more than anyone would've given them a chance of. A great chance for a bunch of players to taste finals. I've not once got carried away and have been entirely measured about our prospects, as I will continue to be.

You can see how someone acting as I described in the second paragraph could be seen as a biased moron, right?

I also got the toothless Mexican gif ready to launch 👍

The fact that this is all you have left for the season actually makes me sad. I do pity you a lot of the time.
Considering he's had several accounts banned only to make new ones to post exclusively about Geelong I think it's safe to assume he's past the pity stage and probably needs therapy at this point.

Good call on Holmes going to midfield too.

Best midfielder on the ground.
Sometimes I see the game well, other times I do not

Guthrie also had the 11 intercepts, he plays the role well

I actually think Geelong are the hardest side for average punters to get a read on, because Scott is such a dynamic coach

You need to learn to take a joke bud. It’s actually sad you live your life this seriously. I don’t get it.
If everybody is mocking you, then the joke is actually on you. If everybody is laughing, why would you call them sad? They're having a joke. Oh I didn't add emojis. My bad.

🤣🫵🤡

Sometimes I see the game well, other times I do not

Guthrie also had the 11 intercepts, he plays the role well

I actually think Geelong are the hardest side for average punters to get a read on, because Scott is such a dynamic coach
Yeah Zuthrie has turned into a mini-Stewart before our eyes. Not as influential, but a smooth operator.

Also, no matter the reasons for it, people are very hesitant to shake off a horror 7-8 week period like Geelong had mid-season. So people look for excuses: "Soft draw...midfield will get found out...Cameron carries them".

Realistically the 4 potential sides Geelong will face in a prelim have more top-end talent in their prime. If we advance any further it will be down to having the most cohesive group of players, where players 9-22 out perform their counterparts.

If everybody is mocking you, then the joke is actually on you. If everybody is laughing, why would you call them sad? They're having a joke. Oh I didn't add emojis. My bad.

🤣🫵🤡

Good, I like the banter. I don’t care if I make a goose of myself, I even point it out when I cook it. Laughing at yourself is a valuable life skill you’ll never have. You’re that boring guy at parties that sits in the corner pretending to drink a beer. Eww

Like for real dude you just won a final and you’re spend your time bickering with me. Wtf is that? it’s actually concerning.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Back