Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a half hearted half a$$ apology by Ken in the presser

Social banter by players is ok - Gini's obviously came back to bite him - HARD - lesson learnt

Anyone who has coached and thinks Ken's actions were ok needs to be burn their accreditation

Be gracious in victory and defeat and have some class and maturity as you're supposed to be setting an example

Be better Ken

So you think nothing of JG mouthing off and putting himself and 21 of your players in the gun before the game? Given how hard Port came out in the first quarter and the fact they used that post as motivation really means that if you took off your blinkers you’d realise JG really fouled up.

Stop making excuses, the idiot gave the opposition ammo and they used it. Plain and simple.

What’s classless is you and your supporters in here thinking that JG shouldn’t take responsibility for his bullshit.

We have plenty of ammunition for next season now, keep coming!

He didn't apologise. He said it to Sam and didn't apologise. He said he shouldn't of done it but there was a reason why he did it. That's not an apology, that's an excuse.

Interesting that Ken did this just after a game, were as the classless posters on the forum with time thought it was warranted.

He does t need to apologise to Ginnivan or Scicily or even Mitchell. He apologised as a senior coach to the football world as it was not the best look for the game. He did that.
He certainly doesn’t owe any of those guys an apology. He probably meant every word he said.

Was a half hearted half a$$ apology by Ken in the presser

Social banter by players is ok - Gini's obviously came back to bite him - HARD - lesson learnt

Anyone who has coached and thinks Ken's actions were ok needs to be burn their accreditation

Be gracious in victory and defeat and have some class and maturity as you're supposed to be setting an example

Be better Ken

We also need to be better, coaches and players are not special humans. We need to accept that emotion affects them as well and sometimes can get the better of you. He apologised and we need to also accept they are just normal people like us. Stop putting them on a pedestal and these things that are nothing won’t effect you to much

Your comment is foolish. You think Hodge cares so much about a bunch of guys he didnt even play with, 7 years ago. Hell he played for Brisbane at the end of his career and you think his opinions in the media are going to be shaped by some old school loyalty despite him not even playing with 90% of the players? I'm pretty sure Hodge was critical of Ginnivan's comments on instagram. Where was his hawks loyalty then?

Hinkley looked like a twat. It was entertaining but it was such a soft target after scraping over the line in a tight win. It would've been much better before the game. But after the game when you're in a luxurious, no lose position, it's classless to pot the opposition.
Garbage

Hodge is a brainfart. He shouldn't be doing hawthorn games
And getting stuck into Marshall’s head when he was down
That's how Hawthorn have always played. ex players like Hodge should STFU given his history. Teams should have learnt by now, to dish it back to them.

He does t need to apologise to Ginnivan or Scicily or even Mitchell. He apologised as a senior coach to the football world as it was not the best look for the game. He did that.
He certainly doesn’t owe any of those guys an apology. He probably meant every word he said.

We don't care about his apology, the AFL do. We will pummel Port from now on, thank you very much. 😁

why are you so triggered by their opinions? Hell it's an emotional game and Sicily wasn't even crying. And who cares if he was? Hell you may want to look in your own backyard before acting tough about other teams.

View attachment 2110308
Pffftt, Sciliy is lucky the game is soft these days. Retalition would have been sweet if he was playing back in the day. Cry over that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginni was disrespectful to Port with his social post even if he didn’t think he was or mean to be. Grundy and Ginni are ex teammates after all.

The issue is he could text message Grundy this but chose to post on social for the world to see.

This was disrespectful and Ken and the Power would of had this message posted on the walls of Alberton Oval all week.

Sicily is sticking up for his player and obviously Mitchell was fuming in the presser as you cannot take the human element of emotion out of the game. Hawks season ended and of course they would be snappy to Ken being a smartarse.

Another thing I’ll say is I can’t recall Hawthorn coming out during the week and saying anything about Ginnis post. If they said it wasn’t acceptable then most likely Ken wouldn’t have been a smarty pants, but they didn’t.

I can’t see too many feeling sorry for the Hawks out of this as the last 2-3 months is just about as arrogant as I can remember a football side being. The selfies and celebrations are generally seen as unsportsmanlike to the side they have defeated, naming your own brand “Hok-Ball” is arrogant. I know it’s 2024 and young fellas like to express themselves but if you can dish it out, then be prepared to take it, because I still think there are a few clubs lining up to give it to the Hawks in 2025.

Sometimes is best to shake hands, have a beer and keep the celebrations behind closed doors.
Yes, Hawthorn got their arrogance back after the season they have had.

Lets see if teams work on their gameplan and pick it apart over the pre-season

I will be laughing if they cant back it up next year, and go backwards

Garbage

That's how Hawthorn have always played. ex players like Hodge should STFU given his history. Teams should have learnt by now, to dish it back to them.

Hodge made a habit of rubbing it in the opponents noses. Now I don’t mind that at all and in fact should be more of it, but you have to be able to take it the other way.

Garbage

As long as you're consistent. No Buckley for Collingwood games. No Gary Lyon for Melbourne games. No Jordan lewis for Hawks or Melbourne. No Andy Maher for Carlton. No Eddy for Pies. No Nathan Brown for Dogs and Rich. No Luke Darcy for Dogs. No Tim Watson for Ess. No Dale Thomas for Collingwood or Carlton. No Selwood for Geelong. No Brian Taylor for Pies games.

The fact that you think a media personality can't be impartial is garbage.

Hodge is a brainfart? even though he has played the game for 15 years, has flags and been one of the best leaders of the decade.

Honestly, that's such a dumb comment.

Because a player played a certain way doesn't mean they condone it. That's like saying Barry Hall can't tell players that they shouldn't king hit guys off the ball because he did it himself. I honestly I can't deal with this low level of reasoning.

As long as you're consistent. No Buckley for Collingwood games. No Gary Lyon for Melbourne games. No Jordan lewis for Hawks or Melbourne. No Andy Maher for Carlton. No Eddy for Pies. No Nathan Brown for Dogs and Rich. No Luke Darcy for Dogs. No Tim Watson for Ess. No Dale Thomas for Collingwood or Carlton. No Selwood for Geelong. No Brian Taylor for Pies games.

Hodge is a brainfart? even though he has played the game for 15 years, has flags and been one of the best leaders of the decade.

Because a player played a certain way doesn't mean they condone it. That's like saying Barry Hall can't tell players that they shouldn't king hit guys off the ball because he did it himself. I honestly I can't deal with this low level of reasoning.
The fact you think BT has a Collingwood bias just shows how brilliant you are

No Gary Lyon - period?

We don't care about his apology, the AFL do. We will pummel Port from now on, thank you very much. 😁

Is that you Jeff?

lIYmYwrm.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back