Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really poor by Ken. No need for it.

I initially thought Ken was taunting Sicily about his crucial missed shot at goal hence why I thought it was uncalled for. Reminding Ginnivan he won't be flying anywhere to play a match next week is more than fair enough and for the AFL to contemplate fining the Port coach is ridiculous.

So apparently Hinkley was fined $20G for reminding Ginnivan he won't be flying to Sydney next week from 15 meters away with a grin on his face. Conduct unbecoming apparently on the same level as Clarkson's homophobic slurs against an opposition player and McCartney getting up close and personal with Papley. What a joke.

So apparently Hinkley was fined $20G for reminding Ginnivan he won't be flying to Sydney next week from 15 meters away with a grin on his face. Conduct unbecoming apparently on the same level as Clarkson's homophobic slurs against an opposition player and McCartney getting up close and personal with Papley. What a joke.
Agreed. Pathetic compared with McCartney.

So what he should have done was walked up to Butters in the middle of the oval, and then “accidentally” made contact with Ginnivan on the way.

Was anyone else baffled by Port's decision to keep putting the ball back into 50/50 contests in the final 2 minutes?

I found that extraordinary.

120 seconds left, and Port had possession of the ball 3 times. Each time, they seemingly panicked and kicked long down the line, only for Hawthorn to regain possession and be given another Inside 50 and scoring opportunity.

Surely it was just panic, and not by design?

Each time, they did actually get the short option too, but either didn't see it, or chose not to use it.

Such a strange method when all you had to do was burn 120 seconds.
Port Adelaide have had a pretty good record in close games for most of the last 4 years.

What he SHOULD have done is torn the whole immature,obnoxious, adolescent Dork-Ball thing to shreds…at the presser.

Carefully itemising Mini-vans questionable behaviour , the apparent lack of sportsmanship under Sam’s reign and the lack of AFL control in the Social Media space and the need for stronger leadership.

Basic skills for a Lieutenant-Colonel in the ADF….on much less money…in charge of 200 men.

So you're happy with coaches taunting players at the end of a game? Interesting
Maybe Ginnivan should learn that he's not the main player. It's not all about him and he needs to grow up.

Hopefully he learns not to play with fire.

Maybe Ginnivan should learn that he's not the main player. It's not all about him and he needs to grow up.

Hopefully he learns not to play with fire.

I suggest Hinkley learns it's not all about him and grow up, I mean he's still young.

Hopefully he learns not to play with fire in the future.

Unfortunately.... the cats out of the bag now against Hawthorn.

Expect plane celebrations from Hawks players and fans against Port from now on, resembling Heathrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For comparison, Sam Mitchell got a warning for his needle taunt and a less than $5000 fine for his consistent kneeing.

Mitchell's kneeing players was terrible.

The needle taunt was during a game, and quite harmless, certainly not after a game, or just when a player is getting a 300 games tribute, but I guess that's lost on you for some reason.

I suggest Hinkley learns it's not all about him and grow up, I mean he's still young.

Hopefully he learns not to play with fire in the future.

Unfortunately.... the cats out of the bag now against Hawthorn.

Expect plane celebrations from Hawks players and fans against Port from now on, resembling Heathrow.
I'm all for it, but you better back it up. That's twice now.

Mitchell's kneeing players was terrible.

The needle taunt was during a game, and quite harmless, certainly not after a game, or just when a player is getting a 300 games tribute, but I guess that's lost on you for some reason.
Yep, your “captain” certainly cared enough about the 300 game celebration by mouthing off when the cameras were on him doing just that.

Chris Scott was not fined when he abused Lions players after a game (the other year)
Now why do you think Scott got away with approaching Lions players during a game, where he had to be dragged back by his players?
I’m trying to think of a reason, can’t quite put my finger on it.
Maybe it was because he didn’t put his arms out like an aeroplane.

It seems everyone around here is like Hinkley, waiting until Hawthorn have been knocked out before mercilessly bagging them and calling Ginnivan out for what he is.
Hawthorn are extremely unlikeable, you can call them out anytime people. Even while they are enjoying smashing all of North, west coast and Richmond in a very arrogant manner.

It's being fun this year reading opposition boards. You all waited with bated breath from the start of the year that Hawthorn would finish bottom and get punished for tanking.

When you realised that wasn't going to happen, you couldn't wait to tell us, that we were still far away and needed to rebuild.

When you realised that wasn't going to happen, you waited too see how we would JUST miss finals, laughing at the thought.

When that didn't happen, Hawks were never going to do well in their first final, too young and inexperienced. Going to get smashed by the Dogs.

Finally yesterday you can breath a little easier. Take a deeeeep breath.... Breathe out... Focus on your breath. Stay calm and relax. You'll be fine, it's just football, no need to stress. We'll make sure that Hokball is not too painful. We promise...
Other clubs are living in your head rent free by the sounds of it 🥲

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back