AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

How many would he want? And would he want a "theirs/ours" argument for who gave the minute's silence for his passing?
'Tis a fine line between respect and over-the-top...

Who know - he nay not have wanted any.

Yet they still happen. I was just curious if we were going to have a minutes silence as well. No need to be a jerk about it.

Who know - he nay not have wanted any.

Yet they still happen. I was just curious if we were going to have a minutes silence as well. No need to be a jerk about it.
Not trying to. Misinterpreted your sentiments as asking for another one, hence my answer. "Being a jerk" was not my intention but my unfortunate misinterpretation of what you said lent what I said to being seen that way.

Are they predicting it to be a dogs breakfast?

WOW
Maybe not a dogs breakfast per se as it is an empty site unlike AO, but the spec is rumoured to be very basic.

That may change if they alter the design, but the State Govt. here would be very wary of budget blowouts given the bad press associated with Elizabeth Quay and its cost and lack of investment (nice of old pal Chevron to bail them out)

Not trying to. Misinterpreted your sentiments as asking for another one, hence my answer. "Being a jerk" was not my intention but my unfortunate misinterpretation of what you said lent what I said to being seen that way.

I didn't go. Many other crows fans didn't go.

It would be nice. That's all.

Were you sitting in the Southern Stand?

There was one feral Port supporter that was cheering and yelling during the one minute silence for Bailey.

Poor form and a shit bloke. Forget that he was Port supporter as every Club has these demented monkeys.

I like the one minutes applause like they do in the EPL That would stop idiots yelling out.

I like the one minutes applause like they do in the EPL That would stop idiots yelling out.

I would like to see people ejected for yelling out during the minute silence. So disrespectful.

I would like to see people ejected for yelling out during the minute silence. So disrespectful.

It is disgusting and it made me furious. I heard a good point in that some may not have realised it was a minutes silence if they weren't paying full attention to the PA (plus had a few beers under the belt and being hyped). I would like to hope that explains a couple of them. Unfortunately there's always idiots and they got shushed by hundreds of people so faith in humanity = restored really.

Back to AO though. It's a game changer for the state. For those of you that haven't been, you will love it. Honestly one of the best days of my life (even without taking the result into consideration). I got offered a ticket to your game - turned it down due to having a 2 month old - but really wish I accepted now!

It is disgusting and it made me furious. I heard a good point in that some may not have realised it was a minutes silence if they weren't paying full attention to the PA (plus had a few beers under the belt and being hyped). I would like to hope that explains a couple of them. Unfortunately there's always idiots and they got shushed by hundreds of people so faith in humanity = restored really.

Back to AO though. It's a game changer for the state. For those of you that haven't been, you will love it. Honestly one of the best days of my life (even without taking the result into consideration). I got offered a ticket to your game - turned it down due to having a 2 month old - but really wish I accepted now!

So a stadium goes quiet and instead of asking/wondering why, they yell out Go Power (or whatever) to fill the silence? Seems logical...... o_O

Lucky for some people there isn't a minimum IQ needed for entry lol.

So a stadium goes quiet and instead of asking/wondering why, they yell out Go Power (or whatever) to fill the silence? Seems logical...... o_O

Lucky for some people there isn't a minimum IQ needed for entry lol.

I agree 100%. My point being that they (possibly) aren't being intentionally disrespectful. They are just drunk, happy and / or stupid. Maybe that's just as bad? I don't know.

Anyways, enjoy AO you will love it.

Really keen to take it all in on Saturday, but I dont finish work until 1:00, so it'll be nigh on impossible to get in and meet up with my old man.

Might have to go acquaint myself with one of the bars then ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Trigg conference and the subject of sell-out but no shows came up ......Trigg said they haven't got the model worked out of how to prevent crowds of $30K showing up when officially game is a sell-out :confused:

Let me see why this is so difficult:
Ticket transfer allows full ground = greater food concession sales + memorabilia + greater crowd ambience

OR

Ticket scanning identifies which seats are not taken up at 15 minutes b4 game start ....thus allowing additional ticket sales on "wait list" for those seats
History will show lets say a 10-20% no show rate so patrons can turn up to the game reasonably confident of securing a non show ticket

Thoughts ?

Watched Trigg conference and the subject of sell-out but no shows came up ......Trigg said they haven't got the model worked out of how to prevent crowds of $30K showing up when officially game is a sell-out :confused:

Let me see why this is so difficult:
Ticket transfer allows full ground = greater food concession sales + memorabilia + greater crowd ambience

OR

Ticket scanning identifies which seats are not taken up at 15 minutes b4 game start ....thus allowing additional ticket sales on "wait list" for those seats
History will show lets say a 10-20% no show rate so patrons can turn up to the game reasonably confident of securing a non show ticket

Thoughts ?

Unfortunately I don't think that selling unused tickets 15 mins before is possible unless people call to confirm they won't be attending. I have certainly had the odd occasion where i have been running late and been running in 5-10 mins into the first quarter, I'd be pissed if they sold my seat just because I was a little late.

i think they need a system that makes confirming that you won't be attending easier and also allows you to get some of the proceeds from selling it. then people would use it.

Unfortunately I don't think that selling unused tickets 15 mins before is possible unless people call to confirm they won't be attending. I have certainly had the odd occasion where i have been running late and been running in 5-10 mins into the first quarter, I'd be pissed if they sold my seat just because I was a little late.

i think they need a system that makes confirming that you won't be attending easier and also allows you to get some of the proceeds from selling it. then people would use it.

Thank you. Was just about to say the same thing.

What about a txt confirmation whereby you answer yes/no?

I think they need a system that makes confirming that you won't be attending easier and also allows you to get some of the proceeds from selling it. then people would use it.

I'm sure someone could create a smart phone app or design a website that would allow you to put your ticket up for sale.

I'm not IT savvy but suspect it wouldn't be that challenging.

I'm sure someone could create a smart phone app or design a website that would allow you to put your ticket up for sale.

I'm not IT savvy but suspect it wouldn't be that challenging.
Anything is possible ...but ticket transfer seems the easiest

What about a txt confirmation whereby you answer yes/no?

I imagine it would take some sophisticated technology to scan through 52,000 memberships and then send them a text if they haven't turned up.

If you are good at designing IT program's or programming - create a system where this could happen and you could make a nice sum of money.

Plus why shouldn't there be a time whereby all members need to be seated ?

If you catching a plane ....sorry you just missed the flight .....guess what, you're always on time

As silly as this sounds, you make a really good point.

People who can not be punctual irate me.

You can't have a time limit. That is just really unfair for the people who genuinely had a bad run getting to the game our the people who couldn't get there before the start for good reasons.

I like the 'inform if you are not attending' one, but I don't think many people would use it unfortunately.

Why have they gone the way of not letting others use your ticket? I don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back