Adelaide AFL 2024 Midseason Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you serious? You're mad now that we played too well against West Coast? Were we meant to tank that game to move up to pick 17 in the second round of the MSD?
Yeah, you are right… We just had to smash those witches hats.

Because it proved such a massive point…

We couldve put the cue in the rack.. rested guys like tex and simply won by a comfortable margin of say 50 points. But no.. that wouldve the smart thing to do..

Sanfl 'oh no, the AFL midseason draft will decimate our league and its integrity, woe is us!'

AFL Midseason draft: nope your leagues shit.

Not a lot can be said other than of the 4 players taken from the Sanfl, only 2 came from outside the reserves teams. Thats a telling stat as to where the league currently sits on talent tbh.

Yeah, you are right… We just had to smash those witches hats.

Because it proved such a massive point…

We couldve put the cue in the rack.. rested guys like tex and simply won by a comfortable margin of say 50 points. But no.. that wouldve the smart thing to do..
It absolutely would not have been the smart thing to do. The idea that you think a team should be tanking in the middle of a live season due to pick order in the MSD is just astonishing. Or that you think teams make decisions in round 11 based on how much percentage they want to gain.

'Ease off boys, we don't want to beat them by more than 83 points today, think of the second round MSD picks'.

To think, we might have picked up someone for 6 months who could have strengthened the SANFL team.

If st Kilda only had one pick why did we need to Murray before Beecken ?

Someone else must have been into him

Could simply be that Murray was our guy and we really didn't rate anyone at that point as worth the risk

Considering the amount of work we put in and how thin the talent is...

Could simply be that Murray was our guy and we really didn't rate anyone at that point as worth the risk

Considering the amount of work we put in and how thin the talent is...
Nope pretty obvious we stayed in it until Luke Beecken was taken I'd be certain we were taking him, no doubt at all in my mind.

It absolutely would not have been the smart thing to do. The idea that you think a team should be tanking in the middle of a live season due to pick order in the MSD is just astonishing. Or that you think teams make decisions in round 11 based on how much percentage they want to gain.

'Ease off boys, we don't want to beat them by more than 83 points today, think of the second round MSD picks'.

To think, we might have picked up someone for 6 months who could have strengthened the SANFL team.

We could have given Sog a proper rest. Then add Tex and Smith to the list and where the chips fall, they fall. Instead we front up with our best team to max out on a side we knew we'd beat by 10 goals anyway.

Nope pretty obvious we stayed in it until Luke Beecken was taken I'd be certain we were taking him, no doubt at all in my mind.

How is it obvious? You can't pass until it's your pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could have given Sog a proper rest. Then add Tex and Smith to the list and where the Chios fall, they fall. Instead we front up with our best team to max out on a side we knew we'd beat by 10 goals anyway.

A team that rolled a top 4 side in Melbourne a week prior and off a month of good football?

Now, that's both arrogant and stupid, and I say that with the caveat of subbing Soligo at half time was arrogant and stupid.

If st Kilda only had one pick why did we need to Murray before Beecken ?

Someone else must have been into him
Who says the Saints were the only club with interest in Toby Murray?

Multiple clubs had interest for him to have the request for a medical.

Plenty of talls were taken before the Beecken pick came up, who says Toby Murray wouldn't have been an option for them if available?

That seems like a massive loophole. Want a player but he's not eligible yet... so you retain a senior player, then have them decide to "retire" in January and take them?

I doubt that's allowed, so I'll assume Murray was available last year. In which case the question becomes, why didn't we take him then?

Probably because we weren’t sure on him. EH looking to leave, Petty not being released so we get him as a SANFL player and get a feel for him. Obviously he has shown enough to make us pick him - but prior to this year hasn’t

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not those that have stipulated 18 month terms they're not! That's Toby Murray, Geordie Payne, Will McLachlan, Oskar Smartt, Max Hall, Jack Hutchison, Remy McLean, Milan Murdoch and Brynn Teakle all of who have featured prominently as having clubs interested via the media.

So you would imagine those 9 have all pretty much been guaranteed by the club that picked them - hence they nominate the longer deal to improve chances of getting to the desired club

So you would imagine those 9 have all pretty much been guaranteed by the club that picked them - hence they nominate the longer deal to improve chances of getting to the desired club

6 0f those names were picked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back