AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a SHIT way for us to be happy???

I blame whoever had the mental deficient insight in staging a concert so close to the start of the AFL season.
on a brand new surface no less

At least the stadium will now be ready for it's opening.

Spoke to someone who works 2 jobs (1 with me, 1 for a contractor who does Adelaide Oval)
Sounded like it wouldn't be quite ready for concert, but almost certainly ready for Showdown.

If I remember correctly, wasn't there also an injury due to the sand patches?

I thought that was at Waverley in the pre-season comp in 1993. I think the Adelaide v North Melbourne pre-season game we belted them by 25 goals was shifted to Football Park, amongst others, as a result.

I thought that was at Waverley in the pre-season comp in 1993. I think the Adelaide v North Melbourne pre-season game we belted them by 25 goals was shifted to Football Park, amongst others, as a result.

Didn't that lead to the North coach being sacked?????

Tragic news for Mick.
I'm glad that the concert will be cancelled. The Oval will now be in great shape for the Showdown!

What a SHIT way for us to be happy???

I blame whoever had the mental deficient insight in staging a concert so close to the start of the AFL season.
That was a local government decision - completely against the wishes of the AFL clubs, SACA, SMA and the project managers. Crap look at me decision from Labor (and I hate the liberals even more).
Awful reason, but I'm glad the concert is cancelled.

That was a local government decision - completely against the wishes of the AFL clubs, SACA, SMA and the project managers. Crap look at me decision from Labor (and I hate the liberals even more).
Awful reason, but I'm glad the concert is cancelled.

Is the concert officially cancelled??

Reports from Perth suggest theyre already on the way home. Shame as I was looking forward to seeing them but footy wise its for the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth has been cancelled I think.
its all speculation at the moment with the promoter saying an announcement will be made when the band decides

certainly expect cancellations but there has been no official comments from band/promoter other than the promoter saying what I have said above

Anyone else not able to view/purchase tickets for our Sydney game on the Ticketek site? I'm not looking to buy but thought I would see what kind of seats are available.

Have had trouble with the site all day, maybe something big went on sale or its just people checking for Rolling Stones announcements.

Anyone else not able to view/purchase tickets for our Sydney game on the Ticketek site? I'm not looking to buy but thought I would see what kind of seats are available.

Have had trouble with the site all day, maybe something big went on sale or its just people checking for Rolling Stones announcements.
It's unavailable for me as well. I just saw that it says it's a 1.40 game. I could have sworn it was a 4.10 twilight game.

It's unavailable for me as well. I just saw that it says it's a 1.40 game. I could have sworn it was a 4.10 twilight game.

I had no idea, checked the fixture its 1:40. We've got a 4:10 game against Melbourne in round 7 though.

I can't believe we won't get to see AO lit up at night until round 9.

It's disappointing Ticketek has been broken most of the day, it would of been interesting to see how sales stack up against the Showdown on day 2.

I had no idea, checked the fixture its 1:40. We've got a 4:10 game against Melbourne in round 7 though.

I can't believe we won't get to see AO lit up at night until round 9.

It's disappointing Ticketek has been broken most of the day, it would of been interesting to see how sales stack up against the Showdown on day 2.
Can't really compare our game to the Showdown. The showdown being the first AFL event since the redevelopment, and a game which include both SA teams. The showdown being either a Port or Crows home game was always going to sell better than the following game. Saying that, I expect the our first game to be sold out, it all depends how many members turn up in the SACA area I'd say.

Can't really compare our game to the Showdown. The showdown being the first AFL event since the redevelopment, and a game which include both SA teams. The showdown being either a Port or Crows home game was always going to sell better than the following game. Saying that, I expect the our first game to be sold out, it all depends how many members turn up in the SACA area I'd say.

I was suprised the Showdown even made it to general public tickets to be honest. But then I was talking to a Port supporter today and mentioned I was going and they asked how I managed to get tickets. I think when people who don't follow things as closely hear "sell out" they assume it was a big rush but the reality is anyone who really wanted to get to the Showdown had several opportunities.

So....the Adelaide concert might still go ahead as planned??
I really hope it doesn't (Sorry to those looking forward to it). I just think the pitch will be ruined by the stage etc...

I was suprised the Showdown even made it to general public tickets to be honest. But then I was talking to a Port supporter today and mentioned I was going and they asked how I managed to get tickets. I think when people who don't follow things as closely hear "sell out" they assume it was a big rush but the reality is anyone who really wanted to get to the Showdown had several opportunities.

hahahahahahahah AFC3000 :p

Thanks to Moonwatcher who was kind enough to offer me his ticket. :thumbsu:

If you were dead set keen on going you peek and poke around for tickets you should at least have been able to get thru the front gates. I was lucky and Im grateful that I am going.:thumbsu:

Perth gig definitely cancelled, no news on AO yet but if I were a betting man...

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back