AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

you can't put down a cushion or a rug.

yes it was ful, but you will get in.

Does that mean everyone rotates seats when someone goes for a piss?

If you get there early and want to go for a beer at the bar how can you ensure that no-one takes your seat? There was a mention of a sticker system used by the SACA.

I am all for banning people laying out rugs for all their friends but if I get to the ground early, I don't think you should be welded to the seat for the next 2 hours.

P.S. Are you taking the piss?

Does that mean everyone rotates seats when someone goes for a piss?

If you get there early and want to go for a beer at the bar how can you ensure that no-one takes your seat? There was a mention of a sticker system used by the SACA.

I am all for banning people laying out rugs for all their friends but if I get to the ground early, I don't think you should be welded to the seat for the next 2 hours.

P.S. Are you taking the piss?
Obviously during a game or if there are people next to you, that should fine.

But if you rock up leave a hat/rug/flag and go to the bar. Don't expect it or your seat to be free when you get back.

I was in the wild west last week and we used the old honour system of jackets on seats.

T & C says not to reserve for people who have not arrived yet.

I would think there is a pass out system with it being a non smoking venue.

I was in the wild west last week and we used the old honour system of jackets on seats.

T & C says not to reserve for people who have not arrived yet.

I would think there is a pass out system with it being a non smoking venue.
yep and they want to clamp down on people doing it so I don't expect much mercy

Apparently in sections 207-209 (smack bang in the middle of the centre wing) the first three rows are still up for grabs as unreserved in the Western Stand. I'll be getting there ridiculously early to get two spots there! Gates open at 11:15. What time does everyone think I'll need to arrive? I was thinking maybe 15-30 minutes before the gates open.

I hope things settle down to a reasonable equilibrium.

A couple of years ago the red coats adopted a strict no seat saving policy. One of my mates was working and couldn't get to the game until half an hour before it started. He walked in with a bag and a red coat wouldn't let him into the grandstand which was full (except for the seat we had saved for him). I know that you can argue that this isn't fair to the person that arrives just before him but it is a lot different to a couple of people "reserving" a dozen seats for friends who always rock up just as the game is starting.

Our problem on Saturday is that one of our group is only arriving back from O/S Saturday morning and whilst he usually arrives early, he may have to stand on his own this week. I like the concept of giving everyone a sticker to put on their seat when they arrive since you can then wander off for a bite to eat or a beer but that wouldn't solve our problem this week.

Apparently in sections 207-209 (smack bang in the middle of the centre wing) the first three rows are still up for grabs as unreserved in the Western Stand. I'll be getting there ridiculously early to get two spots there! Gates open at 11:15. What time does everyone think I'll need to arrive? I was thinking maybe 15-30 minutes before the gates open.

In your dreams.

The best seats at Footy Park (e.g. the last row in the middle of the concourse which had extra leg room) went to the oldies who arrived 3+ hours before the gates opened. On the other hand, there are a lot more "good" seats at in the Western Stand compared to Footy Park (most are under cover and closer to the ground) so you should get a pretty good seat

In your dreams.

The best seats at Footy Park (e.g. the last row in the middle of the concourse which had extra leg room) went to the oldies who arrived 3+ hours before the gates opened. On the other hand, there are a lot more "good" seats at in the Western Stand compared to Footy Park (most are under cover and closer to the ground) so you should get a pretty good seat

Haha oh wow.... here I was thinking half an hour before the gates open would be crazy early... apparently I'll be late! It's so hard to compete with the oldies. They love their early mornings!:p

In your dreams.

That is just so sad to do this on a regular basis. They really should have allotted seats or assign random ones for each game.

yep and they want to clamp down on people doing it so I don't expect much mercy
I don't expect much to change.

They had a pass out system for the Riverbank stand that they gave you on the way in for Strickers games, I have the full set in a bedroom drawer.

They had no idea what they were doing on the members crossover checking tickets.

The staff in the members at least where we were looked overwhelmed and mostly took up space.

By the time they get around to doing something about it the old ways will be enthrenched in the new ground.

In your dreams.

Yep there were people lined up at 11 last week and no doubt there will be people there before 9:30am tomorrow (gates 11:15am) members will be glad to know they have added another bar to the members green after the one at the northern end of the members under the grandstand was packed all day last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really pumped for the game today, looking forward to a whole better experience in the members

Does anyone know if the village green is set up on footy days?

This blew me away, look how smart the doctors/first aid/trainers look. Taken at AO in 1949.

If there is anyone old here, could they tell me what the building is behind these guys in the background? Visiting change rooms?

View attachment 50052

That would be the old ticket box, which only got torn down during the redevelopment.

Since everyone wanted to see the view from my season ticket.
View attachment 50150 Obviously not as great a view as those on the wing but was well shaded all day and could see the play unfold.

were you sitting on my lap or something??:p

what did you think from there anyway? I quite enjoyed the view. like you said, you certainly see it all unfold. would be well worth having a coach in that area like we tried to have a few seasons ago.

Only issue I had was the PA system seemed to echo, and it was difficult to tell our players apart when play is on the northern end.

Otherwise i'm ok with my seats.

So my seat sucks.
In fact I can tell it's an old AAMI seat cos the number was wrong (I'm number 17 but it has a 8 on it?) plus it's a different colour plus the dusty old spider webs underneath.
The bonus on top of this is that I also have less leg room then everyone else due to the bottom of a stair well 2 rows behind me.
Anyone else have any issues??

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back