AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Because it was a bidding war this year with less matches up for grabs apart from the world cup.

Because we aren't as attractive as Sydney/Melbourne.

Because the SACA ****ed off CA.

Because we already got our reward with a test match.

I'd put money on us having it back for 2016.

Just a one off miss mostly due to the world cup.

Given CA's attitude to everything west of the Great Dividing Range, I wouldn't put my house on that...

Because it was a bidding war this year with less matches up for grabs apart from the world cup.

Because we aren't as attractive as Sydney/Melbourne.

Because the SACA ****ed off CA.

Because we already got our reward with a test match.

Adelaide oval will get bigger crowds than the scg!

But you are right in their reasoning.

Better only be a once off!

Is it ok to think that Anzac Day and the other blockbusters timeslots should be rotated between all clubs but that Adelaide should get Australia Day for the cricket EVERY YEAR?

Sydney get the New Years Test EVERY YEAR. Melbourne get the Boxing Day Test EVERY YEAR.

Are we going to rotate them as well?

Comparison doesn't hold anyway, there are 18 teams in the AFL, realistically, one team in the Cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it ok to think that Anzac Day and the other blockbusters timeslots should be rotated between all clubs but that Adelaide should get Australia Day for the cricket EVERY YEAR?

Sydney have the New Year's Day test.
Melbourne have the Boxing Day test
Brisbane open the summer
Perth are unlucky not to have a traditional match.

And Adelaide has had a Australia Day test or ODI for like 20 odd years.

If every state in the AFL had a traditional blockbuster - it wouldn't be an issue but the entire series of public holiday games are located in Melbourne.

What point are you making, friend?
If we're arguing that Adelaide should keep Australia Day because it is ours, then we need to be also saying that Coll-Ess keep Anzac Day, Melbourne keeps Boxing Day test and all the other traditional fixtures

So much for Port's record membership and massive crowd's, watching on TV it looks like the crowd against the Dogs would be in the low 30,000s, very very poor.

Surely the lustre hasn't washed off the ground already. It's quite startling looking at the Oval with so few.

Excuse 1: It's a Saturday
Excuse 2: It's relatively early on Saturday
Excuse 3: A lot of our members have their own sporting commitments (like no other Clubs do)
Excuse 4: It's the WB who don't have many supporters

So much for Port's record membership and massive crowd's, watching on TV it looks like the crowd against the Dogs would be in the low 30,000s, very very poor.

Shit weather.
Shit timeslot.
Shit opposition.

Not really surprised. Let's see if it's just a mixture of circumstance though, before we get carried away.

Essendon on a Saturday night the week after the Showdown, they should get 45,000+ to that.

Surely the lustre hasn't washed off the ground already. It's quite startling looking at the Oval with so few.

Excuse 1: It's a Saturday
Excuse 2: It's relatively early on Saturday
Excuse 3: A lot of our members have their own sporting commitments (like no other Clubs do)
Excuse 4: It's the WB who don't have many supporters

Excuse 5: We lost last week and a few passengers have alighted from the Bandwagon.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back