AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was meant as a joke mate as I used to play for Irymple since I was in Auskick level ;)
But I do agree they have improved, I remember kicking 12 goals on them in U15's one year ;)

Couldn't agree more Teamwork, at the end of the day you play for success ;)
Yes you do and that is the main reason Glen plays, and why he hardly played during his last 2 years at Norths. He'll be good for you while you are going well, but will be the first to drop off once your win rate drops. (whenever that may be) He was also always big on earning for his time so very much doubt he is playing for nothing. I know Centrals offered him a small amount but he ended at Hawks :confused::confused:

Yes you do and that is the main reason Glen plays, and why he hardly played during his last 2 years at Norths. He'll be good for you while you are going well, but will be the first to drop off once your win rate drops. (whenever that may be) He was also always big on earning for his time so very much doubt he is playing for nothing. I know Centrals offered him a small amount but he ended at Hawks :confused::confused:

I spoke to Glen about the issue to put your troubled minds at rest.
He actually had a good laugh at the comments, Glen's reasons for coming to Hawks had nothing to do with money. I dont believe he has any finacial issues to be worried about. The funny thing is he saw all you North boys at the Rep match, you a bit jealous he is looking super fit this year? Or you angry that you lost such a solid contributer? Because it doesn't look like you have found a replacement for him ;)

It's not the end of June yet, you could always offer him a big bundle of cash a game to get him back? You know you want too, you can pay me $100 for a finders fee also if you like. But honestly, this whole who pays who thing is humerous. Because you clubs that are always going on about it are probably the ones who should start doing so... Maybe you should ask Glen yourself if Hawks are paying him, but I guess it's easier to ask him on here isn't it ;)

I spoke to Glen about the issue to put your troubled minds at rest.
He actually had a good laugh at the comments, Glen's reasons for coming to Hawks had nothing to do with money. I dont believe he has any finacial issues to be worried about. The funny thing is he saw all you North boys at the Rep match, you a bit jealous he is looking super fit this year? Or you angry that you lost such a solid contributer? Because it doesn't look like you have found a replacement for him ;)

It's not the end of June yet, you could always offer him a big bundle of cash a game to get him back? You know you want too, you can pay me $100 for a finders fee also if you like. But honestly, this whole who pays who thing is humerous. Because you clubs that are always going on about it are probably the ones who should start doing so... Maybe you should ask Glen yourself if Hawks are paying him, but I guess it's easier to ask him on here isn't it ;)
Don't really care about what he says, fact is he left Norths because we would not meet his demands. Yeah apparently hes looking super fit, awesome:thumbsu: is'nt he out injured now??
As for him coming back, :D

Don't really care about what he says, fact is he left Norths because we would not meet his demands. Yeah apparently hes looking super fit, awesome:thumbsu: is'nt he out injured now??
As for him coming back, :D

If those demands were winning games, I guess you are right. You couldn't meet them :D

Was a great result, went and had a look from the bar (while watching the Lions get pumped) and must note that Chris Adams plays his role very well, he cops it on here for his coaching and the way he plays. Adams foot skill and fitness was impressive, not every player plcan win their own ball all day, someone has to receive it. I can't comment on his coaching (he has improved Souths even after they lost players) or his past but he played 'his role' well today.

I watched the game, and he played well. It was fitting to see him stand up and prove a few critics wrong. Was stiff not to receive wayne jackson medal for cairns.

Was a great result, went and had a look from the bar (while watching the Lions get pumped) and must note that Chris Adams plays his role very well, he cops it on here for his coaching and the way he plays. Adams foot skill and fitness was impressive, not every player plcan win their own ball all day, someone has to receive it. I can't comment on his coaching (he has improved Souths even after they lost players) or his past but he played 'his role' well today.

I watched the game, and he played well. It was fitting to see him stand up and prove a few critics wrong. Was stiff not to receive wayne jackson medal for cairns.

In fairness if you ask anyone in the league (team mates or opposition) they are going to say they don't get payed even if they do.

I've spoken to a few people and they've all said that Lukas Ehlich should of gotten the award. As soon as the boy went off was when Sydney kicked their goals. No coinciedence ;)

I've spoken to a few people and they've all said that Lukas Ehlich should of gotten the award. As soon as the boy went off was when Sydney kicked their goals. No coinciedence ;)

Bit of a man crush there plugger?? Mate even Luykas will tell you he didn't have that good of a game.

As for Adams being best on...no.

Powell was dominant, and I thought Oughton and Uebergang were easily best, and big poyner actually went ok which surprised me.

Plugger you are a goose! I have nothing against you paying players. You are paying him more than the tigers offered, money wise! What player would ever say I came to the club because you paid the most? Well done if the hawks can do that, shows excellent work by the board. I hope that they don't read the crap you write on here though.

Bit of a man crush there plugger?? Mate even Luykas will tell you he didn't have that good of a game.

As for Adams being best on...no.

Powell was dominant, and I thought Oughton and Uebergang were easily best, and big poyner actually went ok which surprised me.

Uebergang? Maybe if he kicked something...As for Lukas, I agree it wasnt his best game. But thats saying something ;)

I haven't been on here for a while but I see the usual drivel is still getting posted....lol. Anyway, getting away from all that let me tell all of you about a group of U12 kids who flew down to Brisbane on the Q'bday weekend to play in the QLD Primary Schools U12 AF Championships. The young Peninsula Team played 5 games of footy in 5 days on a full length footy field (something they don't do in Cairns). These kids played their hearts out and went through undefeated. Five of these kids were selected in the QLD Country Team who then played the Metro team. And I don't mind saying, the Metro team copped a bit of a beating from their country cousins. Two of the Peninsula kids were then picked in the QLD Team to play in the National Championships in Canberra. These kids who represented our region, showed a good class of football and had tongues wagging in the other camps. Not only were they a credit to themselves but were a credit to their respective schools, parents and their individual clubs. Special mention should go to the Coach - Craig Rankin, Manager - Kristen (I keep forgetting her surname) and last but not least the Trainer - Eddie Skiba. These 3 people held it all together along with the assistance of the parents who volunteered and attended. Once again, great effort and congratulations to the Boys and girl from one very proud parent/father. We could all learn something from these kids who are our future AFL stars.

I haven't been on here for a while but I see the usual drivel is still getting posted....lol. Anyway, getting away from all that let me tell all of you about a group of U12 kids who flew down to Brisbane on the Q'bday weekend to play in the QLD Primary Schools U12 AF Championships. The young Peninsula Team played 5 games of footy in 5 days on a full length footy field (something they don't do in Cairns). These kids played their hearts out and went through undefeated. Five of these kids were selected in the QLD Country Team who then played the Metro team. And I don't mind saying, the Metro team copped a bit of a beating from their country cousins. Two of the Peninsula kids were then picked in the QLD Team to play in the National Championships in Canberra. These kids who represented our region, showed a good class of football and had tongues wagging in the other camps. Not only were they a credit to themselves but were a credit to their respective schools, parents and their individual clubs. Special mention should go to the Coach - Craig Rankin, Manager - Kristen (I keep forgetting her surname) and last but not least the Trainer - Eddie Skiba. These 3 people held it all together along with the assistance of the parents who volunteered and attended. Once again, great effort and congratulations to the Boys and girl from one very proud parent/father. We could all learn something from these kids who are our future AFL stars.

Finally something worth reading on here. It's always good to hear this about young players and it's good to see the talent in the region. It's even better to see Country beat Metro ;) Doesn't matter if it's Queensland Country or Victoria Country :)

Also, to create a talking point, Glen Martin left Norths for a better offer from Hawks. He was paid at Norths for just playing, Hawks must be paying him more. Nothing against Glen, I don't mind him chasing the money as some people need it!! But Hawks must be paying out plenty to others if they can better our offer for Glen.... I am sure you can enlighten us with some excuse Plugger!!!!:rolleyes:

Who cares about Glen Martin??? I certainly dont and to see so many conversations about him makes me think there is alot of sour grapes! Same with this bloke adams.... There is so much criticism going on and some great footy being played, we should be talking about that and i dont understand why? If clubs see value in them, they will contribute on and off the field, then why not! Hasnt Martin been a junior and senior player??? Collo can you confirm?

Im not knocking your club collo but lets be fair dinkum if Rick Hanlon, Chris Jorgo, Sam Davis, M Sam and Jevat ALi are a grade players then you havent got buckley's in playing september footy. Tom Holland is a good quality player, i hope the tigers can keep him! I Enjoyed seeing him run the ball in the rep game! Im sorry but those players named previously are well and truely past their time or simply not good enough. Would they get a game at Saints, Hawks or Port NO NO NO NO!

Willi Allick, Lukas Ellich, Jason Elliot, Tyson Lane, Alex Carter, Mick and Brandon Lovell, Lee Purton, Mark Wray, Tim Seymour, Glen Martin, Jamie Scrymour, Tommy Ward, Tyronne Hammett, Matthew Jones, Troy Maguane, Brett Oakley, Richard Harris, Nathan Sandford, Josh Hyde and Peter Reynoldson. What do ALL these players have in common??? North Cairns players who have left to other clubs and WONT return...... You draw your own conclusions............ Why do you think NO players in the Cairns AFL go to the tigers but will go to other clubs??? You work it out also.............

There is a fantastic comp going on in 2011 it above one club and i actually think this year could be the first drawn GF, that close!

Good Luck to all the teams this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news and great post!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: This year I have seen so many kids running around in the juniors with heaps of ability (from all teams). I am thrilled for this recognition and hope they continue to be rewarded and tested against the best that other states have to offer. It is great for AFL Cairns and puts our game well ahead of the unskilled garbage that I watched last night.

Again, great post... keep it up Eddie and the crew at AFL Cairns Juniors. I'd encourage all posters on here to get down to a game/training and enjoy what these kids do.

Who cares about Glen Martin??? I certainly dont and to see so many conversations about him makes me think there is alot of sour grapes! Same with this bloke adams.... There is so much criticism going on and some great footy being played, we should be talking about that and i dont understand why? If clubs see value in them, they will contribute on and off the field, then why not! Hasnt Martin been a junior and senior player??? Collo can you confirm?

Im not knocking your club collo but lets be fair dinkum if Rick Hanlon, Chris Jorgo, Sam Davis, M Sam and Jevat ALi are a grade players then you havent got buckley's in playing september footy. Tom Holland is a good quality player, i hope the tigers can keep him! I Enjoyed seeing him run the ball in the rep game! Im sorry but those players named previously are well and truely past their time or simply not good enough. Would they get a game at Saints, Hawks or Port NO NO NO NO!

Willi Allick, Lukas Ellich, Jason Elliot, Tyson Lane, Alex Carter, Mick and Brandon Lovell, Lee Purton, Mark Wray, Tim Seymour, Glen Martin, Jamie Scrymour, Tommy Ward, Tyronne Hammett, Matthew Jones, Troy Maguane, Brett Oakley, Richard Harris, Nathan Sandford, Josh Hyde and Peter Reynoldson. What do ALL these players have in common??? North Cairns players who have left to other clubs and WONT return...... You draw your own conclusions............ Why do you think NO players in the Cairns AFL go to the tigers but will go to other clubs??? You work it out also.............

You are knocking the club mate, the players you mentioned (Rick Hanlon,wtf? he's the runner) may or may not be a graders but at the moment they are performing a job for the club. Don't think we ever spruiked that we would be premiers, I seem to remember saying we hoped to improve and play finals, and that hope stands.
As for your very impressive list of players who have left, well done, if I cared enough about your club I could probably make a similar one. Yes mistakes have been made that probably cost us a couple of players, but half your list have either retired or left the area, while others left to chase success, cash or both. (which some of them found, and good luck to them)
fact is, its all part of history and credit must go to the new faces at the club as things definitely seem to be moving forward, rather than looking back wondering what if.
enough on that anyway, tips this week Saints very easily, Port comfortably and Hawks very easily.

Finally something worth reading on here. It's always good to hear this about young players and it's good to see the talent in the region. It's even better to see Country beat Metro ;) Doesn't matter if it's Queensland Country or Victoria Country :)

Without wanting to bring down the efforts of these kids...they played well through the whole tournament in their pool. However, although I wasn't there on the last day, I think it was one of the Metro teams country played, not a combined metro side. I can fairly confidently say that a combined metro side would have convincingly beaten the country side.

Hello and welcome to the first installment of The Cairns Informant, I'm here to address the big issues involving Cairns AFL. Granted not many issues involving Cairns AFL are "big" and granted most are blown out of proportion by the lovley folk posting on here.

But let's be serious for the moment and address some issues. The dispute of whom is getting paid what? Saints claim they don't pay player, Hawks claim they don't pay players but instead use incentives. All the big name teams claim they don't pay their players. And what do the small teams do? Get in arguements about it. How about you start pulling your heads in and do something about your pathetic lineup of players before finger pointing other teams. Watsons Oval I'm looking at you.

I believe City Lions are the only team that don't finger point other teams, but thats because they are so border line of not exsisting that it's not funny. The team has been officially renamed the Bye and are giving nothing teams like Centrals, South and North Cairns a non deserved win this year.

But if we all wish to speak about pathetic wins this year the Manunda Hawks reserves team is at an all time low. With by far the best team in the competition in the Seniors, it then throws out the trash it does into the reserves for the competition to feast on. With the talent that they have in their side it just doesn't make since why they can't do more.

And how about that representative side, granted they won and looked decent on the park. But the side was filled with useless and underserving everywhere you looked. City Lions players? Seriously?... Reece Poyner... a few weeks prior the guy nearly went touchless to a school kid playing for Hawks? How about the backline? Two Lions players, the side with the worst defence in the league and they're representing us? Lets be serious, the side wasn't no premier side. And was no way to represent Cairns AFL...

But that's all we have time for this episode, join me next time when we talk about issues like the decline of Cairns Saints and Port Douglas Crocs. Have a great weekend at the Football everyone and remember the Cairns Informant is watching!

Kennedy, Walsh, Couch, Liridges, Mulvihill and Everett back in for the Saints along with Coatsworth and Powell back to full fitness. Still a handfull on the sidelines still to....
Two players who played in last years flag will be back in the coming weeks who haven't played yet this yr.... One returning from o/s and the other coming back to Saints after a stint in Vic.
Plugger you might have to put the printing of your premiership shirts on hold for a few weeks yet

also forgot some bloke called Corey Jones is coming up to help Dixon build his house... heard he goes alright also ;)

Kennedy, Walsh, Couch, Liridges, Mulvihill and Everett back in for the Saints along with Coatsworth and Powell back to full fitness. Still a handfull on the sidelines still to....
Two players who played in last years flag will be back in the coming weeks who haven't played yet this yr.... One returning from o/s and the other coming back to Saints after a stint in Vic.
Plugger you might have to put the printing of your premiership shirts on hold for a few weeks yet

also forgot some bloke called Corey Jones is coming up to help Dixon build his house... heard he goes alright also ;)

Now come on mate, like we didnt expect you mob to take the 100pt flogging to heart and get emotional over it. A handful of Hawks are out again this week and a few returning so it's nothing special.

Don't worry I haven't even finished designing the Hawks Premiership shirt yet ;)

Without wanting to bring down the efforts of these kids...they played well through the whole tournament in their pool. However, although I wasn't there on the last day, I think it was one of the Metro teams country played, not a combined metro side. I can fairly confidently say that a combined metro side would have convincingly beaten the country side.

There is always one:thumbsdown:

Very handy to know...thanks Dr

Now come on mate, like we didnt expect you mob to take the 100pt flogging to heart and get emotional over it. A handful of Hawks are out again this week and a few returning so it's nothing special.

Don't worry I haven't even finished designing the Hawks Premiership shirt yet ;)

emotional haha certainly don't get upset over a loss in May ;).

Dont think there will be any side this yr who fields the best side possible from their list.
Coatsworth didn't play last quarter against Port then was severely under done against Hawks and Powell has been carrying an injury so the couple weeks off couldnt have come soon enough for the saints... that being said the way Hawks pantsed the Saints there needs to large improvement from everyone.
what is the elading goal kicker on? is it Booth? Walsh would still have to be a chance to win it imo

emotional haha certainly don't get upset over a loss in May ;).

Don't think there will be any side this yr who fields the best side possible from their list.
Coatsworth didn't play last quarter against Port then was severely under done against Hawks and Powell has been carrying an injury so the couple weeks off couldn't have come soon enough for the saints... that being said the way Hawks pants-ed the Saints there needs to large improvement from everyone.
what is the leading goal kicker on? is it Booth? Walsh would still have to be a chance to win it imo

I'm certain out of all team lists for each club, not one coach has been able to get his full preferred on the paddock, this could be from
Injury , Suspension, Weddings, Parties, V8's or Bone Lazy players training that week.:eek:

But do the best they can with what is willing to be available :rolleyes:

I'm certain out of all team lists for each club, not one coach has been able to get his full preferred on the paddock, this could be from
Injury , Suspension, Weddings, Parties, V8's or Bone Lazy players training that week.:eek:

But do the best they can with what is willing to be available :rolleyes:

If any players missed due to a party or being bone lazy I'm tipping they would be missing more than just the one game!

Saints by a cricket score (even with that rep backline!)
Port
Hawks

Hello and welcome to the first installment of The Cairns Informant, I'm here to address the big issues involving Cairns AFL. Granted not many issues involving Cairns AFL are "big" and granted most are blown out of proportion by the lovley folk posting on here.

But let's be serious for the moment and address some issues. The dispute of whom is getting paid what? Saints claim they don't pay player, Hawks claim they don't pay players but instead use incentives. All the big name teams claim they don't pay their players. And what do the small teams do? Get in arguements about it. How about you start pulling your heads in and do something about your pathetic lineup of players before finger pointing other teams. Watsons Oval I'm looking at you.

Welcome to Big Footy Mr Informant, please forgive my finger pointing the big name teams and getting in arguments about player payment. My head is officially pulled in and I am currently thinking of ways to improve the pathetic list at Norths. Any ideas??
I will continue to post any news, rumours or opinions I hear however, and really don't give a rats whether you're looking at me or not :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back