AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I reckon you're right there Barry59, teams have changed so much over the course of the year so far, you can't take any flogging dealt by any team in those early rounds as an indication of current form. City's excepted i guess. Sorry City followers, but I calls em as I sees em:thumbsu:

I reckon your right to Barry hence ur point about norths beating ctb bye 8 goals last time they met is really no more relevant than my point about what happened te 1st time they met. Both teams will have very different teams playing. And back to my original point I think ctb are better than nths.. But I
Guess that's why we play the games to find out who is better

CTB had 8 changes between Round 10 and Round 14 while Norths had 4 changes between Round 10 and Round 13, one of which is Tennick being injured. I would expect Norths to field a very similar side to that in 13, although they have some reserves players who have played senior footy this year with some success.

Will both teams be "very different"? I think No. But Centrals have changed their lineup pretty significantly, e.g Tyson Lane played hasn't played since Rd 10 and they also haven't won a game in 4 rounds.

Good news for the lions, a great opportunity for a W, if they can get around the massive collection of kangaroo shit on the pitch!

Souths to get the win at home
Saints in a nail biter at home, might get up to Port for this one if the weather is good.
Lions in a close one. (Fingers Crossed for ya boys!)

A lot of people picking Souths...must have 10 new recruits lining up!

Did White get cleared before the cut off?

Centrals will wallop Cities surely?

has Adams been able to lure Costelloe and Thompson out to the Cutters.
has ties with them from last coaching gig.
Heard both are living in Cairns, both have SANFL expearience.

A lot of people picking Souths...must have 10 new recruits lining up!

Did White get cleared before the cut off?

Centrals will wallop Cities surely?

even blind freddy could see centrals having a win this week, surely a saturday afternoon training run.

not quite sure if white got cleared best way would be to check the clearance page on sporting pulse. sounds to me that another player thinking that he is bigger then the club, from my sources up the captain cook.

in regards to souths picking up new recruits, i havnt heard but maybe the purse strings where loosened. they have a lot of talent across the lines and a lot of young talent too ( it looks as thou average age of senior team is 21 or 22, which is a good sign for the future) but from looking at sporting pulse the only new acquisition is a James Pile and Buffs For Life it looks as thou a Matt Costelloe is linked up with the cutters. Would be handy recruits, looks as thou Pile played in Wanderers grand final team that lost to St Marys 3 years ago.
The cutters can play and if you search back through the results 5 of there losses have been by 20 points and under so they very well could be in the top 4! so i dont think the boys from the south have had a bad year, i think a lot of inroads have been made on-field especially when you look at the results from last year. The reserves are very much entrenched in the top 4. so in saying that i think they can give the top 3 a real shake but thet must field there best side on the park week in/ week out which i dont think they have managed too.

yep Costelloe is a massive IN.

Souths looked dangerous up forward last week. their midfield more than held their own 2. I think down back could be a problem with not many big bodies to compete with the big forwards of the league. If they can keep injury free i think theres no reason they could finish 4th.As for their 2's being in the 4, that is true but from what i was told they were full strength last week and got beat by a half full Saints side. saying that Norths came from 3rd or 4th last year and won the flag so it can happen

There's a noticeable improvement in both Souths and Norths from the start of the season let-alone last year.

Tamba, I meant that Norths had a bit of a younger list so will be better in the long run, while Souths have a few of their better players being on the back-ends of their careers while the rest of the team is just coming up. So I think Norths have more scope for improvement over the longer term.

Can't see any reserves side getting close to Saints or Port. This weekend will be a big game, although both are pretty safe in the top 2 spots and will meet each other again in the last round.

Cities won't get close.

Souths looked dangerous up forward last week. their midfield more than held their own 2. I think down back could be a problem with not many big bodies to compete with the big forwards of the league. If they can keep injury free i think theres no reason they could finish 4th.As for their 2's being in the 4, that is true but from what i was told they were full strength last week and got beat by a half full Saints side. saying that Norths came from 3rd or 4th last year and won the flag so it can happen

Sorry unfortunately, you were informed wrong, they had no bench to start or finish the game only 16 turned up & two semi retired were pulled out of the crowd, one kicked two goals , & one of the 2 coaches that were there was on the ode-colone trying to get players at the late time of 1140 for a 1200pm start. a number of younger players played, we haven't been near full for a few weeks in the Magoo's.As the countdown comes we should start getting numbers back, hope this helps

I'm predicting a double win at Fretty this week for Souths

Heard white left port for country Vic, chasing money? I'd say Centrals are pretty certain 4 4th spot if they keep there current form 4 there next 3 games against lions souths and norths.[/QUOTE. Latest news I heard Is that white is heading back down south to play vfl for werribee clearance had been signed nearly 2 weeks ago

There's a noticeable improvement in both Souths and Norths from the start of the season let-alone last year.

Tamba, I meant that Norths had a bit of a younger list so will be better in the long run, while Souths have a few of their better players being on the back-ends of their careers while the rest of the team is just coming up. So I think Norths have more scope for improvement over the longer term.

Can't see any reserves side getting close to Saints or Port. This weekend will be a big game, although both are pretty safe in the top 2 spots and will meet each other again in the last round.

Cities won't get close.

I wonder who those players on the back end of there careers would be? only David Downes comes to mind as i search the footy record being 33yo, two are 28 Chris Adams and Bill English and then the bulk of the side is 22 and younger hmmmmmm. i think souths have a far more exciting list, and have improved a great deal if you take into account the past 12 months. Havnt Norths slid backwards this year whilst Souths are fighting it out with 3 teams for that 4th spot??

Really looking forward to this weekends games,

Port v Saints should be a real test for saints without coatesworth and powell, interesting to see where they will get there drive from.

Dogs v Lions will this be a saturday training session or will the Lions play with heart that has been a rareity this season for them.

Cutters v Hawks Have the cutters turned the corner from there performance last week or will they fold and allow the Hawks to continue on there winning ways towards a premiership

My tips for this week

Port 10 goals, Dogs 22 goals and Hawks 5 goals

TED player of the game tips

Kane Uebergang (Port)

Ryan Matthews (Dogs)

Damien Roe (Hawks)

Leading GoalKicker

Daniel Smith (Port)

Gavin Millar (Dogs)

Michael Markham/ Josh Barnes (Cutters)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leading GoalKicker

Daniel Smith (Port)

Gavin Millar (Dogs)

Michael Markham/ Josh Barnes (Cutters)

Good write up, well constructed ;)
Though I think the leagues leading goal kicker may have a field day on the weekend, let's hope ;)

Now with no White he has a pretty good 17 goal lead.

Premiers: Hawks
Wooden Spooners: Lions
League Medal: Dwayne Bosen (Norths)
Biggest Improver from 2010: Hawks
Biggest Slider from 2010: Centrals
Goal Kicker: Matt Walsh
Most expensive team: Port
Most under-rated player: Dwayne Bosen
Most over-rated player: Glen Martin/ Lukas Ehlich
Most loyal player in the league: Gavin Miller
Toughest bloke in the league: Evan Hocking
Biggest Sook in the league: Glen Martin
Best Young talent: Norths have a lot of young talent. Doust and Brown from Port Douglas, Wardle.
Best Coach: Kane Richter

Gavin Miller....... LOYAL......... great to see you attempted this seriously!!

My tips this week.

Port to beat Saints by 40points

Hawks to beat Souths... cricket score.

& LIONS!!!!! to beat the dogs by 10 points in a close game.

It will be tough for Saints without Powell but with Coatsworth back i think, Saints just. Saints by 10pts

Hawks are looking good and if Souths can play like they did last week they might get within 40pts. Hawks by 10 goals

Anyone who thinks Cities will get close are kidding themselves. Dogs by 80pts

It will be tough for Saints without Powell but with Coatsworth back i think, Saints just. Saints by 10pts

Hawks are looking good and if Souths can play like they did last week they might get within 40pts. Hawks by 10 goals

Anyone who thinks Cities will get close are kidding themselves. Dogs by 80pts

gotta give ya's something else to have a dig at me, LOL :D

gotta give ya's something else to have a dig at me, LOL :D

what's so funny tamba. Thats just what i think will happen this week. i was impressed with Souths last week and said that. i think anyone coming up against Hawks might cop a hiding the way they are playing

what's so funny tamba. Thats just what i think will happen this week. i was impressed with Souths last week and said that. i think anyone coming up against Hawks might cop a hiding the way they are playing

Anyone who thinks Cities will get close are kidding themselves. Dogs by 80pts[/quote said:
Sorry mate I should have explained myself better but I have tipped the Lions

after last weeks effort, and a great one, I agree Souths need to stand up & start beating the top teams or else we are kidding ourselves

watch out for a round of upsets...... that is all

Hawks dicked Cutters :thumbsdown:

Douglas dicked Saints ---:thumbsu:

though there would be a better challenge

& don't give me the crap

we had 14 out for Saints

so did Souths have players out

all sides play with what they have that week end

A by note Souths won the Reserve grade game for the Kris Seivers Memorial match by 8 points :thumbsu:

& don't give me the crap

we had 14 out for Saints

A by note Souths won the Reserve grade game for the Kris Seivers Memorial match by 8 points :thumbsu:

Saints did have a few out but so did Port. Port clearly the better team on the day and desrved their big win. Port also won the 2's by about 4 goals in a good game. The only poor part of the day for Port were some of their supporters. you think they would have learned from last year about celebrating too early in the year.

A good percentage boosting win for Centrals this evening. I have had to eat my tip that the Lions would prevail in a close game as that was certainly not the case.

Centrals played well but it was nothing spectacular and in all honesty had they played better the score could have been vastly different. Certainly room for improvement. I would like to see them in that 4th spot come finals time.

& don't give me the crap

we had 14 out for Saints

come on Tamba thumbs up for saints losing bit harsh...
and no we didnt have 14 out we had Nathan Crane out who the whole team is built around. Missed his hard run and silky skills.

On a serious note Port way to good with the Shaws up forward very dominate. Saints only had 16 men out there for 15 mins and only 17 for half the game so wouldnt say the score was a true indication but Port would have won regardless. (had to get one excuse in there for Plugger's sake) haha

come on Tamba thumbs up for saints losing bit harsh...
and no we didnt have 14 out we had Nathan Crane out who the whole team is built around. Missed his hard run and silky skills.

On a serious note Port way to good with the Shaws up forward very dominate. Saints only had 16 men out there for 15 mins and only 17 for half the game so wouldnt say the score was a true indication but Port would have won regardless. (had to get one excuse in there for Plugger's sake) haha

I'm sure that Crane would have single handedly got the Saints another 10 goals but that still would have left them a couple short Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back