AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Well thats the reward for not throwing in the towell. Great work. Too good a side not to have a win.
Sets up some great games for the rest of the year.
Of course not in the class of the Tigers and Saints but there is a real battle going down the bottom of the table and great games to go and watch.
Again us Bulldogs just scraped in. Saints next week. Hopefully something respectable and not the normal belting we get from them
It does set up some interesting games for that 4th spot. Great to see footy on the beaches improving, we both have excellent junior numbers & very promising lads coming through. Excellent win by the Bulldogs, well done, to be where you are now compared to where we all thought is a credit to everyone at the club. But as you say, we need to improve significantly to match the top three. Lions have Port at Port this weekend, as part of their 25 year celebrations, tough assignment & will give us an idea where we sit for the 2nd half of the season.

Surely its out of Hawks and Centrals for 4th. Hawks are getting bugger all at training from all reports and are hoping their fly in players can get them into the 4. Centrals are improving slowly, Souths have been the disappointment of the season and lions might sneak 1 or 2 more wins before the seasons out. All that doesn't really matter cause who ever makes 4th will just get smacked by whoever finishes 3rd. Good to see Lions and Centrals improving though makes for a better competition.

Thoughts anyone??

Manunda Hawks West Australian Amateur Football League (WAAFL) Gribble, Clinton Pending 2013-06-20[/quote

Hawks have the bye this week so maybe he his heading home ( he is from W.A right?) for a run for some reason. If its for good then its just another chapter in the story that is the Hawks rabble.

Thoughts anyone??

Manunda Hawks West Australian Amateur Football League (WAAFL) Gribble, Clinton Pending 2013-06-20

Transfer window doesn't close till June 30th

so is he going home for a practice match ???? ----which seems likely

OR

is there a Reunion on for his club that he was a member of ?????

wouldn't read anything thing else on it

Just to settle the hype before everything blows out the water like it normally does on here you're correct Lachrilly. Gribble is going home for the weekend and is playing some footy with his mates. It's not uncommon for these types of things to happen. As for the comment about people turning up to Hawks training, I don't know where you're getting your information from Lachrilly but I counted over 40 players on the paddock the other night. As it stands at the moment, Hawks will still be in the 4 after this week's games as well. It does bode well for the comp to have some competition happening for 4th spot, it creates a bit of interest. It was good to see the Lions finally get up, I think everyone knew it was just around the corner but just didn't know who against.

My kiss of death for this week -

Cutters V Tigers - Tigers will be too strong for the Cutters, even at Fretwell.

Saints V Centrals - Saints to get up but after watching the Bulldogs last weekend I reckon the Saints players will walk off knowing they just played a game of football. The ruckman was very impressive.

Crocs V Lions - Will the Lions win two in a row? Not this week. Crocs will dominate up at the Croc Pit.

Just to settle the hype before everything blows out the water like it normally does on here you're correct Lachrilly. Gribble is going home for the weekend and is playing some footy with his mates. It's not uncommon for these types of things to happen. As for the comment about people turning up to Hawks training, I don't know where you're getting your information from Lachrilly but I counted over 40 players on the paddock the other night. As it stands at the moment, Hawks will still be in the 4 after this week's games as well. It does bode well for the comp to have some competition happening for 4th spot, it creates a bit of interest. It was good to see the Lions finally get up, I think everyone knew it was just around the corner but just didn't know who against.

A Hawks player told me that so either its the truth or he is pulling my leg.

My kiss of death for this week -

Cutters V Tigers - Tigers will be too strong for the Cutters, even at Fretwell.

Saints V Centrals - Saints to get up but after watching the Bulldogs last weekend I reckon the Saints players will walk off knowing they just played a game of football. The ruckman was very impressive.

Crocs V Lions - Will the Lions win two in a row? Not this week. Crocs will dominate up at the Croc Pit.

Looks like a straight forward week however Saints vs Central could possibly be the closest game of the round and not many would have picked that at the start of the year.

What's everyone's view on players getting suspended for not playing interleague? Alex Mcqueen was suspended for not playing when he had the Ironman on the following day something that was booked in 12mths in advance.. Luckily common sense prevailed and he has been cleared to play this weekend.

Looks like a straight forward week however Saints vs Central could possibly be the closest game of the round and not many would have picked that at the start of the year.

What's everyone's view on players getting suspended for not playing interleague? Alex Mcqueen was suspended for not playing when he had the Ironman on the following day something that was booked in 12mths in advance.. Luckily common sense prevailed and he has been cleared to play this weekend.

Don't want to be too negative against my team but really can't see us getting too close to Saints. We just haven't got the depth (yet) to cover for a couple of good players that will be missing and injuries. Having said that some of the younger ones have really improved. Just hope they put up a fight and make sure Saints have to work hard unlike some previous encounters against them. Few of the teenagers are showing real promise.
It will certainly be a real test of where we have got too after the drama of last year but its a long road back and we realise that.
Realistically I thought Lions were our equal except that they kicked themselves out of that game.

It stinks as some DON"T want rep honours. So they shouldn't be forced into it.

But

they have their rules or else we would be sending a 2nd rate side away, with a lot of refusals from first choices as Cairns had not so long ago.

Souths v Tigers, I think Souths will surprise here and take a darn close one , Is W Allick back this week ??

Saints v Bulldogs------- Dogz have no hope !!!!

Crocs v Lions ------- Crocs at home could be a good game depend on the Lions how they travel but Crocs for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Hawks player told me that so either its the truth or he is pulling my leg.
Lachrilly my learned friend, it is true that numbers probably haven't been as good as other clubs. But as I said, when I have been there I have counted at least 40 on the paddock. This week probably hasn't been too flash due to the bye however.

It stinks as some DON"T want rep honours. So they shouldn't be forced into it.

But

they have their rules or else we would be sending a 2nd rate side away, with a lot of refusals from first choices as Cairns had not so long ago.
We lost Damien Roe last week, suspended due to not turning up for rep duties, lucky it didn't cost us, we actually won..! Its a tough one & I know many leagues have this stance. But Sydney is a fair trip & whats the point making players commit against their will? A better choice would be a slightly less talented & far more willing player..? Good luck for Ports 25 year celebrations, doesn't seem that long ago running out on Mossman showgrounds with the dodgy goalposts....but hoping we can put a damper on this or at least give them a scare....

Saints brought CTB back to earth with an easy win on Saturday. Centrals have improved alot from last year and with what looked like a very young team will keep improving if they can keep them together.

Port D v South Cairns --- going out on a limb, the ladz have only themselves to beat here ( their minds)

Lions v Saints ----no way for the Lions

Hawks v Tigers -- another limb, LOL

Well well well, didn't I blow the tipping out of the water, I always have said never follow my tips.

Well done to Port too fast, too well drilled. We really had no answers for them. the quick switch of play etc.
Interesting thought, twice the man in orange 75 metres away and down by PD's goals called on free kicks that the orange person 10 metres away from the action and looking into the ruckus on the ground didn't see ?????
Again all I call on is constancy, same person called Souths ruckman for taking the ball out of the ruck with both hands cleanly ( which is the rule), 5 minutes later same person in orange when Ports ruckman did the same, no penalty called on him. Numerous other mistakes throughout the day and shocking decisions. d PD' crowd at the bar were incensed when things went wrong or not called for them as well so it is not just my call they were bad.
Reserves men in Orange were absolutely disgraceful they need to read the rule book.
Yes Souths were no angels in this. But when a PD player runs 15 metres to throw a punch at a player with his back turned who was busy in his altercation with another PD player(punch on ) and get to involved it means more the just booking him for one offense for throwing a punch in the ruck also carrying on the way he did whilst walking off the field wanting to take on the world and PD's crowd behind the coaches box screaming for blood, was really over the top. Souths had 4 yellows for back chatting the umpire so were no angels, but gee whiz so were Douglas and they received nil. One red card for them and one for Souths

Well well well, didn't I blow the tipping out of the water, I always have said never follow my tips.

Well done to Port too fast, too well drilled. We really had no answers for them. the quick switch of play etc.
Interesting thought, twice the man in orange 75 metres away and down by PD's goals called on free kicks that the orange person 10 metres away from the action and looking into the ruckus on the ground didn't see ?????
Again all I call on is constancy, same person called Souths ruckman for taking the ball out of the ruck with both hands cleanly ( which is the rule), 5 minutes later same person in orange when Ports ruckman did the same, no penalty called on him. Numerous other mistakes throughout the day and shocking decisions. d PD' crowd at the bar were incensed when things went wrong or not called for them as well so it is not just my call they were bad.
Reserves men in Orange were absolutely disgraceful they need to read the rule book.
Yes Souths were no angels in this. But when a PD player runs 15 metres to throw a punch at a player with his back turned who was busy in his altercation with another PD player(punch on ) and get to involved it means more the just booking him for one offense for throwing a punch in the ruck also carrying on the way he did whilst walking off the field wanting to take on the world and PD's crowd behind the coaches box screaming for blood, was really over the top. Souths had 4 yellows for back chatting the umpire so were no angels, but gee whiz so were Douglas and they received nil. One red card for them and one for Souths[/quote

So nothing positive to say about the Port v Souths games on Saturday. Saints beat Lions easily but Lions are showing lots of improvement with their 2's putting up a great showing. Saints will be happy with the win with several key players returning in the coming weeks.

Gribble was quoted in saying that he doubted Norths had be pushed like Hawks pushed them on Friday night. Obviously forgot the week Saints beat Norths Clinton.

Gribble was quoted in saying that he doubted Norths had be pushed like Hawks pushed them on Friday night. Obviously forgot the week Saints beat Norths Clinton.

Yea, clearly public speaking is not his strong point.

We've got a lot of talent here and I think they showed what they are capable of tonight.
Yep. Capable of losing a game by a dozen scoring shots. Well done! o_O

I was at the Port Douglas Game. Great to watch a couple passionate sides go at it. Knowing that they are fighting for a spot.

Lachrilly said "So nothing positive to say about the Port v Souths games on Saturday."

I did say this " Well done to Port too fast, too well drilled. We really had no answers for them. the quick switch of play etc"

Lachrilly said "So nothing positive to say about the Port v Souths games on Saturday."

I did say this " Well done to Port too fast, too well drilled. We really had no answers for them. the quick switch of play etc"

Gribble or Dribble..... Same same in my book!

Surprised his mother isn't doing the public speaking for him seeing she is happy to ring Viola to discuss footy matters ;)..........

Hello all I'm back this week, good to see nothing has changed on here.

Kiss of death for this week -

Souths V Hawks - The Cutters will be out to salvage some pride this week in front of a vocal home crowd. However I think the Hawks can spoil the party plans at Fretwell this Saturday.

Tigers V Centrals - Tigers to make dog food of the Bulldogs.

Saints V Crocs - This should be a good close game. Was listening to Bluey on the radio this morning and he expects 40 goals to be kicked between the two teams. I think Saints will prevail in front of their home crowd. I would expect Walshy to take his season tally past 60.

:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back