Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not doing it for that, personally.

Last year WC and port 12 for 14 and F2. Admittedly, Port's F2 wasn't expected to be as low as Hawks F2 is but think that's offset by the lower pick being traded.
main issue for the hawks would be they've just cut incredibly deep. That F2 is likely pick 20 in a strong draft. At the very least, it's the first draft where covid hasnt interrupted the kids too much.

Richmond Football Club has informed players Jake Aarts, Sydney Stack, Riley Collier-Dawkins, and Will Martyn that they will not be offered contracts for the 2023 season.

I'm guessing these two would be the main player's to perhaps look at ?
We've looked at Bytel & spoken with him (or Lucas at least)
Don't really rate either RCD or Stack tbh.

depends on list spots given we've landed Setterfield.

main issue for the hawks would be they've just cut incredibly deep. That F2 is likely pick 20 in a strong draft. At the very least, it's the first draft where covid hasnt interrupted the kids too much.
Yeah could understand Hawks not doing it for sure but would be the sort of trade I think we'd be looking for in order for us to trade back

if we're talking Clark, I doubt we are. Seems pretty certain Geelong are keen.
Maybe they like the Falcons link, but to be honest he's been impressive...particularly of late.

May lack height, but doesn't lack size in his fight.

Joel Selwood is only 183cm. Imagine the difference he would’ve made our club over the last decade…

So consensus is that Waterman and Ham are all but delisted. If Walla ends up staying, we net out at three list spots. I can't imagine we go into the draft like that, so I suspect we delist one of Brand / Eyre with the promise of potentially rookie-listing him if things pan out on draft night in his favor.

In that scenario, we'd trade out pick 22 for best value, and go:
Pick 4
Davey (match bid)
Munkara (match bid)
Davey (late pick/rookie draft)

If somehow Munkara slips through the ND without a bid and we can list him on Cat B, we re-rookie whoever of Brand/Eyre we delisted. If a bid comes in the ND, we match it (Munkara too talented a prospect to let slip), give Cody/Josh our thanks and wish him luck, etc.

The other way it could fall is that we're confident enough Munkara isn't bid on, use 22 as a live pick, and make the delisting permanent at the outset.

Either way, not a good couple of weeks to be a young, unsigned, developing KPD on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So consensus is that Waterman and Ham are all but delisted. If Walla ends up staying, we net out at three list spots. I can't imagine we go into the draft like that, so I suspect we delist one of Brand / Eyre with the promise of potentially rookie-listing him if things pan out on draft night in his favor.

In that scenario, we'd trade out pick 22 for best value, and go:
Pick 4
Davey (match bid)
Munkara (match bid)
Davey (late pick/rookie draft)

If somehow Munkara slips through the ND without a bid and we can list him on Cat B, we re-rookie whoever of Brand/Eyre we delisted. If a bid comes in the ND, we match it (Munkara too talented a prospect to let slip), give Cody/Josh our thanks and wish him luck, etc.

The other way it could fall is that we're confident enough Munkara isn't bid on, use 22 as a live pick, and make the delisting permanent at the outset.

Either way, not a good couple of weeks to be a young, unsigned, developing KPD on our list.
we have too many of them tbh. Not through any fault of their own, but you'd probably only want to carry 6 of Laverde, Ridley, Zerk, Reid, Cox, Brand, Eyre, Stewart, McBride & Francis.

Tippa makes things interesting, but his spot is one you could assess & free up for an SSP spot if he doesn't come back. Or even leave it open for MSD.

Strategy for 22 would be to try move it up.
If that can't be done, plan B would move it out if a Davey bid comes, or use it if not.

Might fall that the rookie spot decision is between Brand/Eyre or Jayden.

Noone is forcing us to take Tsatas at pick 4. If we rate Mckenzie, Clark, Ginbey, Humphrey or whoever else I'd rather lock in that player than be left with fewer options at pick 9

If Dodoro did that it would be the worse move he’s made in 30+ years he’s been at the club. If it’s not already his last year at the club, it would be after that.
Trade out of the top bracket of players for a pick that would be used on points for a F/S bid. All the picks we have after 22 are for Alwyn Davey jnr bid and one for Munkara if he makes it through.

Only trade I see happening is 4,22 for Saints 9, F1. GC won’t trade up need points next year, Hawks are tanking, Geel can’t trade F1 and WC traded down already to grab WA players.
We wait and see I guess - The contrast between Mahoney and Dodoro fascinates me. Mahoney seems happy to float pick 4

0e99c2588972d5806ce9bb82e55bc1bc79397cbc_2_690x415.jpeg

If Tsatas is now 188CM we should take him, he'll fill out and be a big boy, and with his running power that's a spicy meatball.

The mid I really want after the championships is Oliver Hollands. Great runner, very good kick, defensive instincts and is really tough. A true modern midfielder.

lol, it gets even more confusing.

Surely the draft is at the point where all the combine results each player can be upload to the draft hub on the AFL website.
If only the AFL was that competent, we at Rookie Me would be happy to do that since we have a page for every player yet the AFL wants to hog all the data to themselves yet not even take advantage of it.

If only the AFL was that competent, we at Rookie Me would be happy to do that since we have a page for every player yet the AFL wants to hog all the data to themselves yet not even take advantage of it.
Is the knock on Humphrey his aerobic capacity? More an explosive type ie Stringer which might limit midfield capability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back