Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a brilliant game that was.

Imagine watching those two teams and thinking that a Crouch-Laird midfield can compete. LOL.
Yeah.

What kind of ****wit looks at the midfield jets across the league and thinks, yeah we’re on par.

He should have been thumping the table from day 1, demanding we recruit our own. Then fast tracking their development.

So much time wasted on crouch Sloane Keayes laird

When/If the Power lose next week, I expect us to lose a few soldiers when our posters post on their board.

Port truly is the gift that keeps giving.
soldiers-gif.2104000

So GWS will play the winner of Brisbane vs Carlton at home - they should account for that team fairly easily and advance to a prelim against Geelong at the MCG. Sydney will play the winner of Port vs Hawthorn at home. That would be more of a contest than the Giants' semi I think.

Even if Port manage to beat the Hawks, I can't see them beating Sydney at the SCG in a prelim. Their earlier thrashing of the Swans gives them a sniff though. At this stage there are still so many possibilities. Hawthorn are red-hot, but are they hot enough to beat Sydney at the SCG?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So GWS will play the winner of Brisbane vs Carlton at home - they should account for that team fairly easily and advance to a prelim against Geelong at the MCG. Sydney will play the winner of Port vs Hawthorn at home. That would be more of a contest than the Giants' semi I think.

Even if Port manage to beat the Hawks, I can't see them beating Sydney at the SCG in a prelim. Their earlier thrashing of the Swans gives them a sniff though. At this stage there are still so many possibilities. Hawthorn are red-hot, but are they hot enough to beat Sydney at the SCG?
Back to Back away trips in Finals in September is massive. I could see the Hawks running out of steam vs Swans if they make it.

I think Brisbane can upset Giants but I'm not going to go to war over that opinion
I think Hawks beat Port - but if Port win I cant see Sydney letting them off the leash this time . Yes Port comprehensively beat them but I dont think Sydney gives them that start again

If Hawks beat Port I can see excitement fatigues setting in and Sydney beat them - again not a hill I'm going to die on

Brisbane are still dangerous on their day

Either way I would love an all interstate GF either Sydney v GWS, or Sydney v Lions

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah.

What kind of ****wit looks at the midfield jets across the league and thinks, yeah we’re on par.

He should have been thumping the table from day 1, demanding we recruit our own. Then fast tracking their development.

So much time wasted on crouch Sloane Keayes laird

Our midfield has 70-80% of the pieces but everyone is starting behind the eight ball.

We only just started putting Rankine in the midfield and only some of the time. Should have started there the moment we handed over pick 5.

Recruited Dawson then Dawson had to tell Nicks to play him in the midfield, after which he became All Australian.

Soligo took until his third season to get any real CBA time and is still treated like a fourth string mid. Didn't back in either of Rachele or Pedlar as a mid for any serious amount of time

Only just started playing Taylor after 3 seasons. Took until late to figure out Curtin wasn't a defender.

A midfield of Dawson, Rankine, Soligo and a top draft pick (without any of Crouch, Laird, Berry in the side) is a good starting point

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back