Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't like seeing this, the potential to cause injury here is insane, it's an attempted king hit and he should get multiple weeks for this, but probably won't. This is way worse than any sling tackle

He didn't make contact with his head and he was standing up for a teammate that just got clobbered. What's the issue?

I didn't like seeing this, the potential to cause injury here is insane, it's an attempted king hit and he should get multiple weeks for this, but probably won't. This is way worse than any sling tackle

Did calsher do something first?
Richards doesn’t seem like the angry type?

So they'd have to break a record. I like that. What about highest losing teams that made it to the GF?

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

I went back to 2000 and games lost by 10+ goals.

2000: Ess(1) d North(4) by 100+. North lost the prelim pretty comfortably.
2001: Ess (1) d Richmond (4) by ~70. Richmond lost the prelim pretty comfortably.
2002: Bris (2) d Adelaide (3) by ~70. Crows lost the prelim pretty comfortably.
2004: Bris(2) d St Kilda (3) by ~80. Saints just lost the prelim.
2007: Geel (1) d North (4) by 100+. North got obliterated in the prelim.
2010: Coll (1) d WB (4) by 62. Dogs lost the prelim.

None of the teams beaten by 60+ have made a GF, but all of them were the lower ranked team. These results are also all before the newish phenomenon of straight sets exits. It just didn't happen pre-2010. Now it happens a fair bit.

I don't like them at all, because watching them play makes me feel very bad about how the Crows are going in comparison.

If they lose maybe it softens the blow about how far ahead of us they are (but not really)

I hate them! But I hate it more that I know it’s jealousy because it’s how I would like our club to be

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? He punched him in the arm/chest?

Are you allowed to just straight up punch someone?

If Dear just happens to turn his head to look that direction at the wrong moment (such as when hearing someone running up to him) he cops it on the chin and probably gets knocked out.

It's a shit act and if it's allowed, it shouldn't be.

fart-dumb-dumber-go-on-gif.875308

tenor-com-shaq-dont-do-it-e2-gif.724712
When/If the Power lose next week, I expect us to lose a few soldiers when our posters post on their board.

Port truly is the gift that keeps giving.

I'd be more annoyed if one of our players got clobbered and his teammates just stood around doing nothing.
I agree. Thats why our players lost the plot when Rankine was taken out by the Port thug Houston.

Umpires need to do more when these incidents take place.

Have you seen the vision of Dixon trying to take Blicavs head off in a marking contest. Would have seriously knocked him out if made connection

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After two games its easy to see what the good coaches have cooked up as the September game - relentless running, moving the ball on at all costs, multiple goal scorers and smaller, faster forward lines.

Kenny went in with the tried and failed method of Neil Craig, "our game plan got us here and we will take it to the flag".

In 2017, it almost worked for us until the very last game, when Richmond presented a whole new September scenario that we couldn't combat because we hadn't been watching.

I can't see how Kenny will last if and when he goes out in straight sets.

And I can't see how Nicks will last because, while we haven't played in September, he has not given a shred of evidence that he can prepare or modify a team or game or structure to provide a dynamic winning performance.

After two games its easy to see what the good coaches have cooked up as the September game - relentless running, moving the ball on at all costs, multiple goal scorers and smaller, faster forward lines.

Kenny went in with the tried and failed method of Neil Craig, "our game plan got us here and we will take it to the flag".

In 2017, it almost worked for us until the very last game, when Richmond presented a whole new September scenario that we couldn't combat because we hadn't been watching.

I can't see how Kenny will last if and when he goes out in straight sets.

And I can't see how Nicks will last because, while we haven't played in September, he has not given a shred of evidence that he can prepare or modify a team or game or structure to provide a dynamic winning performance.
Yet we have a coach who doesn't even have a decent game plan during the normal season... so even if by chance he made the finals, the odds are we would be out coached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back