Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be wrong, but I am getting a feeling that Hawthorn are going to pulverise Port tonight. Once they get their game going, Port won't be able to hold on to their shirt tails. Those Hawk smalls are nimble, fast and lethal in attack.

I'm getting the opposite feeling. Port to come out firing and Hawks playing catch up all night. Port can be hot starters and Hawks were flat in the 1st quarter last week.

I'm getting the opposite feeling. Port to come out firing and Hawks playing catch up all night. Port can be hot starters and Hawks were flat in the 1st quarter last week.
With their slow lumbering tall forward line and missing 3 of their best running defenders against this fast slick aggressive Hawk gameplan..I struggle to see it but stranger things have happened

Could be wrong, but I am getting a feeling that Hawthorn are going to pulverise Port tonight. Once they get their game going, Port won't be able to hold on to their shirt tails. Those Hawk smalls are nimble, fast and lethal in attack.
I hope youre not wrong. :$

They went toe to toe with the Giants at their home ground only a few weeks back and arguably should have won after a huge 5+ goal lead.

This is also a bit of revenge game for the Hawks, given Port "thieving" the win the last time they played with about less than 5seconds remaining in the game.

They went toe to toe with the Giants at their home ground only a few weeks back and arguably should have won after a huge 5+ goal lead.

This is also a bit of revenge game for the Hawks, given Port "thieving" the win the last time they played with about less than 5seconds remaining in the game.
Very well put

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funniest result is a narrow win, then a Prelim smashing, "but we finished Top 4 with injuries", and Ken coaches next year.
Nah. Another 15 goal drubbing is even funnier. That said, they will almost certainly play better annd with a much harder edge tonight after the week of ridicule and expecting a competitive loss (under 5 goals) as the most likely outcome. I wouldn’t be totally surprised to even see an upset and them to somehow sneak it if mids get on top and forwards clunk marks (that’s a big IF though)

I hope they are bretahing FRIE after letting the one that they last played at Adelaide Oval vs the Power slip... They need to come out and show that last week wasnt a fluke...

On paper Port just don't bat as deep as Hawthorn or pretty much any team left in the finals. JHF, Roozee and Butters would all need to play the games of their lives and Hawthorn need to be off for them to win this.
Lets not forget Butters is not 100% at all either, far from it.

Rozee is definitely a one way player, which leaves JHF which I think the Hawks will target along with Butters.

Its going to be fascinating how this game plays out.

After Ginnivan blatantly ducks his head leading to a dodgy free kick Luke Shuey style. Doesn’t get much better than that
That would crash Bigfooty tonight.

100% the site would crash.

Lets not forget Butters is not 100% at all either, far from it.

Rozee is definitely a one way player, which leaves JHF which I think the Hawks will target along with Butters.

Its going to be fascinating how this game plays out.
I have followed Port Adelaide closely in the SANFL for decades leading into the AFL. Rozee is the SOFTEST captain they have ever had in my time following. Ebert, Bucky Cunningham, Phillips, Russell Johnston all hard men that DEMANDED respect and toughness. Rozee was apparently in tears in the change room on Friday night according to Pear board.

He is too soft. Too pretty. Too non contact. Get rid of the jewellery lines and start toughening up princess. Put your body on the line, start exerting physical authority and lead by example. The simple fact is, he can’t and will therefore be replaced within a year or 2 by JHF. Small chance even next year

7 underwhelming finals in a row Power fans say (I haven’t double checked). And people on here rave about him. Butters is a fine player and brave. JHF may well win a B-low. Rozee is the weak link and he is contracted for 9 years…

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back