Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For context - Wines and Horne-Francis said in post-game interviews that Ginnivan's instagram post was specifically used in the rooms by Hinkley as a motivation.
That's fair. No issue using it as a placebo focal point of motivation.

But Hinkley's outburst is pathetic.

Shows how it personally affected him, and how fragile his actual belief in coaching his team to a win is.

That combined with Hinkley's outburst suggests they are quite a fragile club.

The fact that they lost three home finals in a row by an average of ten goals suggests they are. But like I said, they're an interesting psychological study.

Which is why it shouldn't surprise anyone if they win against Sydney.

For context - Wines and Horne-Francis said in post-game interviews that Ginnivan's instagram post was specifically used in the rooms by Hinkley as a motivation.

Would be poor sportsmanship but if Wines had done what Hinkley did I wouldn't mind it.

I don't like coaches, runners or any official getting involved like that with opposition players. I would of been harsher on McCartney last week. Zero tolerance.

Say what you want, but imagine having a coach and leaders that defends their players to the hilt.

Yep, very good at creating an ‘us against them’ mentality with unwavering support of his players.

They would have wrapped their arms around Rachele and encouraged him to keep going.

This type of backing may well influence players choosing between us and them.

Don't know if anyone's raised it yet but how was Rozee's form getting indignant at the flak they've copped from externals all of this week, like it was completely unreasonable to scrutinise them after an 80 point final loss at home, and your 4th final loss in a row.

A lesson in how to embarrass yourself on national tv.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that they lost three home finals in a row by an average of ten goals suggests they are. But like I said, they're an interesting psychological study.

For me, tonight's win has more to do with Hawthorn running out of puff than Port actually being good.

A genuine Premiership contender would have buried Hawthorn in the first 30 minutes. Port had all the play and a ridiculous amount I50s and kept Hawthorn goalless.

Yet only 9 points up at 1/4 time.

Port should have won by 10 + goals.

They’ll try to spin this game as a turning point

I’m not a bragger or a gambler but I’m putting all four of my houses on them.
Old Man Good Job GIF

You’ll have 12 houses

If Port can beat Sydney at the SCG in a final after
  1. Getting flogged by Geelong at home in an embarassing display
  2. Almost losing to Hawthorn after keeping them goalless for a quarter and a half and needing to use Instagram comments as extra motivation to fire them up for a win
Then fair play to them. It would be Hinkley's best ever finals performance by a mile and well above the norm for his 12 year showing of ability

If Port can beat Sydney at the SCG in a final after
  1. Getting flogged by Geelong at home in an embarassing display
  2. Almost losing to Hawthorn after keeping them goalless for a quarter and a half and needing to use Instagram comments as extra motivation to fire them up for a win
Then fair play to them. It would be Hinkley's best ever finals performance by a mile and well above the norm for his 12 year showing of ability
And Dixon in....

Marshall has to go off for a concussion test if the wind changes.

Can't risk that in a Prelim....

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back