Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For me, tonight's win has more to do with Hawthorn running out of puff than Port actually being good.

A genuine Premiership contender would have buried Hawthorn in the first 30 minutes. Port had all the play and a ridiculous amount I50s and kept Hawthorn goalless.

Yet only 9 points up at 1/4 time.

Port should have won by 10 + goals.
I agree but that's also just what Port do.
That's what their finish to the season was built on.
They mostly don't play that well but they pressure and smother you to death.

I think it's mad that Ginnivans comment turned into some massive motivator for them, it was completely harmless....

the funniest part was Ginnivan didn't even have a direct dig at Port - Yeh sure you can say in a roundabout way it was, but I read it as him just being over confident with himself and his team - He would have said the same regardless of who they were playing

Ken looks to have taken it personally - It's real loser stuff from him

Wasn't Ken on his soapbox last year complaining about people targeting JHF and feigning caring about the mental health of young players?

Yet here he is openly mocking young opposition players, what an A grade hypocrite that flog is.

The worst part of it was that it was all happening while they were trying to give Breust his send off.

What an absolutely classless moment and embarrassing for the club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the funniest part was Ginnivan didn't even have a direct dig at Port - Yeh sure you can say in a roundabout way it was, but I read it as him just being over confident with himself and his team - He would have said the same regardless of who they were playing

Ken looks to have taken it personally - It's real loser stuff from him
It’s what you’d expect any coach to do, and they won. You just don’t mouth off before a game. You’re begging to get bitten in the arse.

Luke Hodge - one of the all time great leaders in footy - said Ginnivan should stfu.

It’s what you’d expect any coach to do, and they won. You just don’t mouth off before a game. You’re begging to get bitten in the arse.

Luke Hodge - one of the all time great leaders in footy - said Ginnivan should stfu.

100% Ginnivan was daft to do such a thing

I just think its weird that Hinkley took it so personally

If he reacted like that to Rachele after the 'no teeth', it would make a lot more sense to me

Only because Ken isn't good enough to motivate his players with the simple reality it's a knockout final.

Any player in a final that needs an opposition player's Instagram comment to perform at their best should be embarrassed

Ken took it as some sort of personal attack on him, was pathetic.

Ken took it as some sort of personal attack on him, was pathetic.

If anything it's most probably just redirected aggression stemming from his own supporters calling for his head.

Ginny has just worn the brunt from all the sack Hinkley stuff he was copping during the week.

I’m just salty I didn’t get on. I was going to, cbf.
Just chuck on a little $ on a port flag. I think I will before tomorrow's game.
Wish I did during the week. I think they were like $18?
Tonight, I had a bet on a Port win
and another multi with port win into some gimmie posession and goal legs got me a few $ tonight.
Would have happily list those bets, but the $ soothe a port win a tiny bit.

Just chuck on a little $ on a port flag. I think I will before tomorrow's game.
Wish I did during the week. I think they were like $18?
Tonight, I had a bet on a Port win
and another multi with port win into some gimmie posession and goal legs got me a few $ tonight.
Would have happily list those bets, but the $ soothe a port win a tiny bit.
Did a while back

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back