Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really poor night for Mitchell and he has to take some of the blame.

The Hawks weren't up for the fight and pressure early and probably lucky the game wasn't over at half time.

Didn't challenge guys like Rozee and Jones who don't cope with the heat.

Let Aliir do his thing.

Gave Rioli to much space when it has been clear for a month he is their most dangerous forward.

Sydney also have a very big point to prove to not just the outside world but themselves after getting pantsed last time they met. I would expect an intensity like we rarely see from them in the upcoming prelim
Their QF against the Giants was still the highest standard of football we've seen this finals series.

I didn't think they were overly physical as a whole team. They were down at half time and floundering

They got on top only because we completely shit the bed after Rankine was KO'd. It had nothing to do with Rachele's comments
I remember it differently, I can remember multiple instances where their players went over the top early in the game. Even Boak started wrestling one of our guys after a tackle which is not really like him.

I just saw the vision, what a smug prick Ken is, hope they get flogged next week.
Feels like there has been a lot of underserved goodwill towards Port from across the wider competition

At least everyone knows what we know now

Yeah, fair enough.

But I'd be very frustrated if I was Ginnivan's teammate.

Obviously any grown man is going to be pissed off to be just dismissed and disrespected.

They go over the top with their self congratulations, so they deserve to get it back in return.
A grown woman on the other hand.......

Last night's result was not a surprise. Port were always going to bounce back. Every single time the media pressure ramps up on Kenny, the players win for him.

And now they play their bunnies in a prelim.

Can't wait for all the "Hinkley out!" supporters, those who didn't even bother going last night, posting proudly entering the GF ballot this week.

Good things happen to bad people.

I didn't think they were overly physical as a whole team. They were down at half time and floundering

They got on top only because we completely shit the bed after Rankine was KO'd. It had nothing to do with Rachele's comments
Our lack of onfield leadership showed that night.

Houston doesn't hit Rankine, we probably win.

Was their rebuild a lot better though?. Look at the following players and tell me if they would not get into this hawthorn side?
Michalanney
Thilthorpe
Rachele
Curtin
Soligo
Fogarty
N Murray
Worrell
Rankine
Dawson
Hinge
Keays

Its not the rebuild to me, its 100% the coaches - all of them. The hawks have a young aggressive, uncompromising and forward thinking coach who has surrounded himself with like minded people not frightened to enable his players to play their natural game and play to the strengths of his players. Remember our forward line last year under rahilly? Go back some years and remember it under teague?

If we could upgrade our coaching panel, i have no doubt we would see a vastly different level of performance. Just my 2 bobs worth
The rebuild includes the coaching. Along with player development. It’s not just about the list. We are probably a solid B- on the list aspects of the rebuild. That our first round picks in McAsey and Pedlar have been epic fails is a real problem.

On coaching and development we are C at best.

I actually just saw another angle and a close up of Ken's face

To me it looks like just before Ken turns around he says

"Hey Jack you're not flying anywhere you ***khead"

Pure class 🤡

Last edited:
Our lack of onfield leadership showed that night.

Houston doesn't hit Rankine, we probably win.
We get easily rattled. Same thing happened when Sydney got stuck into Hinge a few weeks earlier and we crumbled. Hawthorn and Collingwood have done it to us also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We get easily rattled. Same thing happened when Sydney got stuck into Hinge a few weeks earlier and we crumbled. Hawthorn and Collingwood have done it to us also.
Yep, it's pathetic.

Same with bad umpire calls. Next couple of minutes our guys struggle mentally.

We all got on?

Personally felt Hawthorn have been up for so long they were due a loss. Port always respond after a heavy loss.

Port Boys lift for their coach when he cops it.

$2.33, can't go past that.

View attachment 2110036
Absolutely we did. Didn't whack a pineapple on it but at worst it covers my months old outlay on Port to make the GF.

I actually just saw another angle and a close up of Ken's face

To me it looks like just before Ken turns around he says

"Hey Jack you're not flying anywhere you ***khead"

Pure class 🤡
He's says

'you're not flying anywhere
I'm flying
I'm flying jack
I'm flying you ****head'

Toothless behaviour.

But it's the smug look afterwards that really gets me. Including when clapping of Bruest.

So a 57 year old coach is triggered by a 21 year old player’s tweet….seriously!
There’s some issues going on there and it’s not the first time.
Makes the guy look like such an idiot. Ginnivan's comment literally had nothing to do with Port. It was a friendly "we're coming for you" jibe at a former team mate. It did not reference Port at all.

Coaches will be the first to tell you they don't consume media, then this absolute pinhead comes out and acts like that after falling over the line against the team that came 7th. This one will go down alongside his moronic 0-5 celebration as one of his dumbest moments. He acts more like a fan than a coach. The concept of being the bigger man is entirely lost on him.

Ken is done at seasons end. He will step down. He has clearly struggled this year. Even post game last night he looked exhausted, stressed and agitated.

No problem with showing emotion but it's a long year, and he will be out of contract again. I think it's all starting to take a toll.

He needs a change.

To the point of where from the vision that's been shown he's calling him a "f@#$head".

No wonder Mitchell said he perceived it to be aggressive.

Ken is done at seasons end. He will step down. He has clearly struggled this year. Even post game last night he looked exhausted, stressed and agitated.

No problem with showing emotion but it's a long year, and he will be out of contract again. I think it's all starting to take a toll.

He needs a change.
I hope the club convinces him to stay

It's funny, people commenting that Ginni/Hawthorn can give it but they can't take it.

Yet Kenny is quite happy to do that shit after a win like that, but when Nicks confronted him after the Showdown he was tight lipped. He knew what he'd done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back