Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Ok, the big game. Nothing beats GF day.

So who is your tip? Geelong are the $1.80 favourites, rightfully so given their form and the fact they're the only team to beat Collingwood this season. But you'd obviously be brave to bet against the Pies given their season and the fact they won last year. Fingers crossed it's a nailbiter with the Cats getting up of course!

I'll say Geelong by 23 as they pull away late. I'm thinking the absolute brutality of the Pies PF clash will catch up with them late.

Now for the main question, what bets are you placing/have you made??! :D

Not a betting man but will be supporting the Cats hard tomorrow. Pies are a bunch of scum bags.
Amen brother. :thumbsu: I was shattered after the game last Friday, but it's made my hate for the Pies even greater, so if the Cats get up it'll be even sweeter.

I'm not a massive betting man myself but I'll always place a few on the GF. I'll probably be spending close to a $100 tomorrow, fully expecting to get nothing back though. :rolleyes: :p

Pies to win because they have had two true finals hit outs in a row.

Geelong have had two walks in the park...

Pies comfortably....

I have all my multis with Collingwood kicking them off and ending with Norwood..... ( Norwood cost me plenty last weekend, they owe me!)

Value Tip... Krakouer at $41 for Normy

The AFL will be desperate to give it to him, such a great story ( makes me vomit).. Wet conditions... If he kicks 4 or 5, they will give it to him:thumbsu:

Geelong!

Geelong!

Geelong!

About Krakouer for Normsmith, hasnt dont anything the last month, could be due, prob not.

If it was dry I'd say Cats by 60 to 80. Cats by 28 to 34 in the wet.
Geelong DID dismantle the Pes in the last round of the season. The pies tanking that game is total BS!!!

The drawn GF they got lucky, the umpies getting them into this GF was a disgrace.

If we have to put up with those feral scumbags for another year, I think I'm gonna puke. Looking forward to to the meltdown from the ferals on bigfooty. It's gonna be sweet :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting game.

I'm so impressed by Collingwoods work rate. I'm yet to see it matched by any team in any sport baring the Australian cricket team when it was unbeatable (i'm no follower of various European and American team sports)

I have felt though if you smash Pendelbury or Swan's face in you'll take 5 goals off Collingwood and this will not be lost to Geelong. Experienced succesful sides are quite canny to such matters.

Geelong are just so strong in mind and body, like a defence in a grid iron team or the All blacks at thier miserly best. They have wise and patient heads with a belief built on accomplishments, whereas Collingwoods belief is built on sheer hard work.

The key to this game is the Geelong forwards, Geelong does't have the midfield firepower anymore to overcome any defiencies up front. They got to change the shape of Collingwoods half back line otherwise they'll get murdered on the rebound and create some old legs to gut run the other way back, to often.

If geelong forwards function, they'll win. However either side could just come out and play inspired grand final footy and throw all logic haywire.

Collingwood for mine. Scratchy few weeks but will get their shit together in this game.

Both great teams but I reckon the goals can dry up for the Cats, especially if Stevie J is quiet or pulls out.

Got on Geel / Geel / Coll / Coll.

Also Hawkins for first goal, Maxwell Norm Smith... :eek:

My wish is for Collingwood to be 5 points in front in the last few seconds of the game when a Geelong player kicks for goal and it is not touched because a Geelong player is clearly holding on to Nick Maxwell's arm and the umpires do not call a free.
That would be justice for the win over Hawthorn.

GF day, is a big day.

However, I am ****ing sick of seeing collingwood on TV. Every Friday or Saturday night with the exception of the weeks they have "special" one out games that you see anyway.

I have seen more collingwood games than any other team, excluding the crows, and it's shit. I don't give a **** about those guys.

I hope they get boned. Not for any real reason, other than being bored with it. Hell, I have a baby, I'll probably sink a few, offend the missus and play with the kid.

The interesting and sad thing about todays match IMO, is that during the Home and Away round we were in a position to defeat both these teams deep into the 4th qtr.

If only we performed better when playing the other teams we could have been in a position to compete in September. :rolleyes:

This could be the worst case of cross promotion I have ever seen by a commercial TV station. How many more ch10 shows and "stars" can thye sneak into the telecast. I'm expecting the half time entertainment to consist of Harold and Madge performing a sex act on Bouncer.

C'mon Cats.

I've been tossing up for days on this game, but I always come down in favour of Geelong, rightfully or wrongly.

So ...... I've been suckered in and I backed Geelong at the line of $1-92 (give Collingwood a 2.5 point start) with Centrebet. :)

At least I'm still smiling at this stage. :cool:

Wonder what I'll be doing around 4.30 to 5.00 pm today?? :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL GF: Geelong vs Collingwood discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back