Game Day AFL Grand Final Geelong V Sydney 2022 @ MCG 2:30 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ****ing win.

This is our time.

Easily said, not so easily done.

In 2013 we missed out on the GF after being up at 3/4 time.

We missed by a kick.

Since then we have been perpetually competitive but rarely good enough to win it all.

We have fronted up and played our best most of the time and its not been good enough - and their best has been better.

This time, we are here again.

15 wins in a row - a remarkable achievement in itself these days.

No one gave us a chance to be here and be a better team than the one that got belted in the PF last year.
But the club, Chris Scott, the coaches and the players and the medical staff were having none of that.
And most if not all of us not didnt expect this either.

But here we are - and we are neck deep in it.

Max Holmes is the only real injury concern and Zac Touhy plays his 250th.

How do we win this? - same as the last 15 weeks but 10 % more
Stanley must have a good game where he breaks even with the oppo rucks. Doesn't need to star... just dont have a shocker.
Jezza, Tomm and Rohan to be involved and on target early.
Back 6 do their thing and the mids cant let the Swans clear the centre easily.

The Swans will bring pressure.

So beat it.

Play our game, take the chances when they arrive. Be harder than them and first to it.

There is no tomorrow. Remember how the past feeling of the losses hurt...and channel it to successes today.

We are Geelong, the Greatest Team of all...

Show it.

GO Catters

Luv this club!!!!

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Don't just try, boys. Get it DONE.

The prospect of Selwood holding up a Premiership cup as captain is making me feel like maybe it's just too much of a fairytale to believe it will happen.

But then I remember all the other things this team has achieved over the years and it doesn't feel so out of reach.

Footy Gods, a little bit of Scarlo-toe-poke-magic would be nice today, please. A few nice bounces of the ball, sticky fingers for our forwards, it's not too much to ask, right? It's what's been missing the last ten years. I think it's our turn to have some good fortune when it matters.

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Don't just try, boys. Get it DONE.

The prospect of Selwood holding up a Premiership cup as captain is making me feel like maybe it's just too much of a fairytale to believe it will happen.

But then I remember all the other things this team has achieved over the years and it doesn't feel so out of reach.

Footy Gods, a little bit of Scarlo-toe-poke-magic would be nice today, please. A few nice bounces of the ball, sticky fingers for our forwards, it's not too much to ask, right? It's what's been missing the last ten years. I think it's our turn to have some good fortune when it matters.
Scott is a little Yoda like, actually. Maybe Obi Scott Kenobi, New Hope era?

All premierships mean a hell of a lot. The drought breaker was surreal, '09 the thriller and '11 it was unbelievable to see those boys triumph one last time (for most). The foes in our last two flags were mighty too. But this one would have such a special place. Selwood finally getting a premiership as captain, Scott having rebuilt the team from scratch, so many would get their first, Duncan a veteran rather than sub and C.Guthrie actually in the team. And after a bunch of near misses while two other teams had bonafide dynasties, there were so many times where we thought "that was it" - the chances were all expired. Not to mention how many experts and "neutrals" have declared Geelong falling off a cliff as an inevitability for over a decade now.

They just have to get it done. It's our time.

Well I feel more confident than the Richmond GF - whenever I look back at teams that won the Grand Final the form leading into it usually holds up quite well (don't remind me of Geelong in 2008)... We certainly have the momentum - I just really hope we don't panic on the big stage and our players stand up.. Sydney are going to be rabid in their pressure and its always been a weakness of this team - if we can absorb the pressure and make good decisions then we are better on paper. Fingers crossed - I couldn't deal with another grand final loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong are within 2 goals by end of the 3rd they’ll romp it home.
Try not to stress until much later in the game.
Syd will have to come out strong because they won’t be able to sail later.
Geelong just need to stay with it and not have one of their 1st qrt finals blowouts and they’ll be fine.
Feels like this team is ready and believe they deserve it which prob hasn’t been the vibe in recent years which made them choke when it counted.
Danger first goal, first 10 secs. Selwood Normsmith.

Cats fans.

Wherever you are today, savour the moment.

There's a time when all the words and analysis and difference of opinion comes to nothing and we realise we're fellow-travellers in the hands of that goddess fortuna.

Take nothing for granted.

Those at the ground, be an extra warrior out there.

Those lucky ones watching with mates or loved ones, share the love, whatever comes.

Those watching on your own, know that we're riding every moment with you.

I believe by the end of the day this great club will have a tenth flag in its grasp. That will be a day to remember!

If not, let's be kind to ourselves and to orhers and pay respect to a worthy opponent.

GO CATS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back