AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

So, had recently noticed a succession of small, vaguely-worded deductions from my bank account, one levied each week over the past few weeks.

Well well well.

A little digging reveals my 2016 AFL season pass has automatically (and quietly) rolled into a WEEKLY subscription - in the offseason no less when there's sweet FA in terms of remotely worthwhile content, let alone actual games, you know, the reason 99% of people subscribe - charged at $4.99 a week.

No notification of this of course, just sneaky charges after an equally sneaky alteration of your terms now they have your CC deets.

What unspeakably grubby vvankers. Not that this is news to anyone.

Up your arse AFL and Telstra. Cancelled.

Ring telstra and ask for $2k if it was billed by them. It's cheaper for them to settle than go through the ombudsman, where they will incur greater losses.

This type of conduct is akin to misleading and deceptive conduct, as it is clear you were not aware or had a meeting of minds regarding the fees.

So, had recently noticed a succession of small, vaguely-worded deductions from my bank account, one levied each week over the past few weeks.

Well well well.

A little digging reveals my 2016 AFL season pass has automatically (and quietly) rolled into a WEEKLY subscription - in the offseason no less when there's sweet FA in terms of remotely worthwhile content, let alone actual games, you know, the reason 99% of people subscribe - charged at $4.99 a week.

No notification of this of course, just sneaky charges after an equally sneaky alteration of your terms now they have your CC deets.

What unspeakably grubby vvankers. Not that this is news to anyone.

Up your arse AFL and Telstra. Cancelled.
Same here, WTF are they charging me for in the off season? ******* filth!!, never again!

Ring telstra and ask for $2k if it was billed by them. It's cheaper for them to settle than go through the ombudsman, where they will incur greater losses.

This type of conduct is akin to misleading and deceptive conduct, as it is clear you were not aware or had a meeting of minds regarding the fees.
Yeah I might look into that.

The international version used to be valid for 12 months on a yearly subscription...

Now the year subscription covers 9 months.

But no, you guessed it, no cheaper.

**** you AFL.

Go Catters

So last season I got a free AFL Live subscription because I had a $30 p/m prepaid plan with Telstra ..
I streamed it via hdmi cable from my tablet to my telly and it was great mostly ...a few dropouts and I had to restart the app .. but it was free so I didnt mind.
This offer expires in Jan and I'm hoping Telstra offer the same freebie deal next year.

is Telstra still making life easier?

I bought a iphone7, for business, last month and the audio fails 5-20% of the time. I took it to called telstra and they said I needed to take it to one of their shops and told me to go to Subiaco.

I went there and the guy looks at the phone and says "it looks fine, it looks brand new" and as a result wanted me to be happy with the service.

In response I read him the riot act under the trade practices act and that I would pursue him personally for in excess of $220k for deny a customer rights under the trade practices act. I asked him to get the manager and explained "he shouldn't come out unless he to wants a personal liability of $200+k or he was going to replace the phone.

Long story short, I got my new phone as requested and a $2k credit. Everyone should get good service and service within the legal requirements. Unfortunately Telstra only seems to respond to legal.

AFL Live Pass .. what a bloody joke..
I logged on .. no games shown .. Logged off, then Logged on again , still could not watch any games on my computer..
Is this what you pay for geez ....

I logged on .. no games shown .. Logged off, then Logged on again , still could not watch any games on my computer..
I was going to cancel Foxtel and get Live Pass. Don't think I will anymore.

If it's like the international version, the subscription period is no longer year round..

My 150 usd only gets me feb thru mid December now... Not the full 12 months... Guess to the afl a year subscription is not really a year.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The service has definitely deteriorated.

2 years ago the pseudo 1080 would stream fine, but now individual quarters are hit and miss with so much buffering.

I don't think the AFL every had a yearly pass (Season pass I think it was)...

Well signed in today. Watched one game on computer with Live Pass, then nothing. Logged out, signed in, nothing. After four attempts, gave up.... what a great service .. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Anyone with a Samsung Smart TV notice the AFL Game Analyzer has been deleted and no longer available to download? :(

Sleepless night with a migraine, thinking I'll watch a game or two... *sigh*

EDIT: Nevermind, quit google search found Telstra killed it! F**k you Telstra! :mad: :'(

Last edited:
Seems my subscription to the global pass expired at the end of november, and their website doesnt allow me to renew.

Keep up the top work AwFL and Telstra. You're brilliant at being difficult.

EDIT: They are inviting me to subscribe to the Toyota 2015 AFL season though. Very progressive these guys.

Seems my subscription to the global pass expired at the end of november, and their website doesnt allow me to renew.

Keep up the top work AwFL and Telstra. You're brilliant at being difficult.

EDIT: They are inviting me to subscribe to the Toyota 2015 AFL season though. Very progressive these guys.

Emailed the WATCHAFL.COM third party vendor about their 2017 service...

Got this back..

Thanks for contacting us.

We are Bravebison and we hold the rights to broadcast AFL all across the World.Watch AFL streams everywhere outside of Australia, but unfortunately we do not hold the rights to stream from within Australia.

We are currently awaiting AFL's response on the broadcasting rights this year .This is due to broadcast rights negotiations between a number of different parties which is currently progressing.

We will have additional information to share in advance of the pre-season JLT Community Series for all international AFL fans, and will keep you updated as soon as more information comes to hand.

Again apologies and thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Payal

So it seems the AFL and its broadcast partners are still arguing over $$$$$$$$ 3 weeks before the preseason starts - which means a price un crease to us again for an even shorter period - not longer yearly but seasonal subscription meaning you pay more for 2 less months of access.

SMH

Cant say im surprised.

It seems however that this iteration of third party vendor is at least able to communicate with its end users..

This would also explain why the club based international membership stuff either has not be sent to those whom have paid or why the codespresented dont work yet.

Go Catters

Emailed the WATCHAFL.COM third party vendor about their 2017 service...

Got this back..

Thanks for contacting us.

We are Bravebison and we hold the rights to broadcast AFL all across the World.Watch AFL streams everywhere outside of Australia, but unfortunately we do not hold the rights to stream from within Australia.

We are currently awaiting AFL's response on the broadcasting rights this year .This is due to broadcast rights negotiations between a number of different parties which is currently progressing.

We will have additional information to share in advance of the pre-season JLT Community Series for all international AFL fans, and will keep you updated as soon as more information comes to hand.

Again apologies and thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Payal

So it seems the AFL and its broadcast partners are still arguing over $$$$$$$$ 3 weeks before the preseason starts - which means a price un crease to us again for an even shorter period - not longer yearly but seasonal subscription meaning you pay more for 2 less months of access.

SMH

Cant say im surprised.

It seems however that this iteration of third party vendor is at least able to communicate with its end users..

This would also explain why the club based international membership stuff either has not be sent to those whom have paid or why the codespresented dont work yet.

Go Catters

Looks to me like they might be going back to a previous provider, which was a disaster.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back