Video Highlights AFL Mark of the Year Finalists - Who wins it in 2024?

Who did it best?

• Jamie Elliott - Round 7

• Bobby Hill - Round 14

• Zane Duursma - Round 21

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

When I say 'stage' - it means the state of a game.

Two teams who at that stage were fighting out for top 4, in a match that resulted in a draw.

Also why Daicos's goal against Gold Coast should win. Put the Pies within a kick with 10 minutes to go, against a team who hadn't yet been beaten on their home deck for the season.
Spoken like a true Victorian.

Because the AFL were unable to gift Collingwood a flag again this year so they're offering them some consolation prizes.
Really? The vote is open to the fair, balanced & non-biased opinions of the football public. You think non-Collingwood supporters will vote for one of two collingwood players or the other guy? Not only for MOTY but GOTY as well. LMFAO, this is a setup and a farce. I'll eat my sunday morning jocks if a collingwood nominee wins either award.

There is nothing spectacular about the Goal of the Year options.

No point trying to convince you on the Naicos ones I assume but how is a player gathering from a center clearance - stiff arming a player, sprinting & bouncing multiple times and nailing it from 50 not “spectacular”?

If you think Harley’s goal isn’t spectacular you are a miserable miserable man who obviously doesn’t enjoy the sport you’ve signed up to a forum to comment on. Go watch golf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a very nice goal as well, Cameron’s gather and pressure was greater I think though.

It's not even debatable.

Cameron's goal is from an even greater acute angle. Also his weight is getting shifted towards the boundary as Alir pushes him, meaning he needs to generate even more power from his kick, he has to use the instep to do this otherwise Alir could smother it.

Gary Moorcroft? Jeremy Howe for Melbourne against Sydney on the wing? Even Heeney's a few years ago against Melbourne at the G.

But this most recent one was ****ing ridiculous.
Yeah, I looked at all of those in a video of marks of the year from 2001-2023 before I posted. This one at least matched all those IMO. Maybe some recency bias by me. The fact he also took that one hander in the pocket, like he was catching a cricket ball in gully, and the fend off while the ball was in the air from a handpass by Papley and then goal from 60m, having sprinted 40m to get there - just one of the all time great individual performances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Video Highlights AFL Mark of the Year Finalists - Who wins it in 2024?

Back