AFL members ripped off once again!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

TheMinster#27 said:
Finals – Weeks One To Three
The AFL DOES NOT MAKE any REPRESENTATION or GUARANTEE that there WILL BE a FINAL SERIES MATCH PLAYED IN VICTORIA ON EACH OF THE FIRST THREE WEEKS of the Finals Series.
:eek:

From here and also on the reverse of your application/renewal form.

If you choose not to read the T&C's, you have nobody to blame but yourselves when you get burnt! :rolleyes:

If the membership states that there is no guarantee that there will be a finals match in Victoria then AFL members really have no argument. Yes they can be annoyed, but thats not going to achieve anything. Also if its in the T&C no refund will be required.

kirky said:
I'm and AFL member (with Adelaide club support) living in Adelaide and don't care that I don't get my value for money - have 11 home games at AAMI and can go to another 19 in Melbourne at the G or Telstra. All I know is that when I go to Melbourne, I can see a few games at both stadiums plus can get a GF seat if Adelaide make it (any rate am a Gold member with AFC so have two chances).

The point is - stop bitching and moaning about losing a Preliminary Final. AFL membership gives you good value for money - you get 30 games or if you choose a club support package 11 home games plus another 19 other games plus all finals games at the G in the first two weeks (can be potentially 6 of those )then if a full AFL member seats at the preliminary final. All this for about $370-.
You have no additional outlay for this - all included. Stop moaning and bitching after all - ITS A NATIONAL COMPETITION!!!!!!!

$370
Thats only about $100 more than i pay for my 11 games at subi.
To the AFL Members complaining - seriously - go and get ********ed. :mad:

itsintheblood said:
Well now that it looks like the prelims will be played interstate if insterstate teams earn the right, it appears AFL members miss out on seeing the prelim which is part of the ticket package. How will Demetriou and his clonies compensate members for this?? Cheaper ticket?? I think not.

We want answers Demetriou!!!

Six more home and away games at the MCG in 2006 and beyond, and more night games. Its a good compromise and the only obvious one. Should have been settled two years ago. Instead of taking games off the MCG (to hurt them haha as if), the AFL should have been giving them more.

hotpie said:
Six more home and away games at the MCG in 2006 and beyond, and more night games. Its a good compromise and the only obvious one. Should have been settled two years ago. Instead of taking games off the MCG (to hurt them haha as if), the AFL should have been giving them more.

At the expense of telstra dome. Where's the benefit? Rob Peter to pay Paul.

itsintheblood said:
I have a problem with the AFL not compensating members for losing the right to watch the prelim and still being charged the same amount for their annual membership.
Should AFL members be given a bill for more on seasons when there are 2 prelim finals at the MCG? Which statistically will happen more often than seasons in which there are none.

Bomber Spirit said:
Should AFL members be given a bill for more on seasons when there are 2 prelim finals at the MCG? Which statistically will happen more often than seasons in which there are none.

They should be reimbursed for the stadium they helped fund..

All i can say as atleast we dont have to pay $150-$160 for a Grand final ticket ;) plim finals $5.80 now that is nice to have.

They should be reimbursed for the stadium they helped fund.. Hmm agree hehe would not say no.

Bloody tight arse AFL have to make it up2 us somehow

HFC082 said:
F*cking Dimitripoo

I want a refund :(

it will all even out - l'm an MCC member and enjoyed the privilege of the game last season when it should have been at the GABBA.

Don't forgot there will be some seasons when BOTH the prelim's are at the MCG

itsintheblood said:
At the expense of telstra dome. Where's the benefit? Rob Peter to pay Paul.

The benefit to AFL and MCC Members is that more games are played at the peoples ground. Thats also a benefit to regular punters - fewer locked out and "ticketed" games.

Agree that MCC and AFL Members will be slightly shortchanged in 2005 by having no PF. But whats the value of that ticket? To me if its West Coast vs Sydney, I wouldnt go anyway, so the ticket is already worthless. I dont expect a refund or partial refund, even though technically we ought to be entilted to one.

I'm just relieved that more games are going to be played at the MCG, the best stadium in the world.

BrownDog2 said:
it will all even out - l'm an MCC member and enjoyed the privilege of the game last season when it should have been at the GABBA.

Don't forgot there will be some seasons when BOTH the prelim's are at the MCG

Yeah agree now the main thing is us AFL members as well as the MCC members are alot better then the General Public or cheap members at that lol.

One thing they the afl should do when the MCG is all finished. Is in the new stand have the AFL members next to the MCC members. Leave the Southern stand for the public.

itsintheblood said:
Well now that it looks like the prelims will be played interstate if insterstate teams earn the right, it appears AFL members miss out on seeing the prelim which is part of the ticket package. How will Demetriou and his clonies compensate members for this?? Cheaper ticket?? I think not.

We want answers Demetriou!!!
Too bad. What a joke that the AFL has a membership. I hope there is no value in it at all and it withers and dies. Compensation - FFS. Take the GF tickets off them and give them to club members of competing teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MarkT said:
Too bad. What a joke that the AFL has a membership. I hope there is no value in it at all and it withers and dies. Compensation - FFS. Take the GF tickets off them and give them to club members of competing teams.

Why is it a joke? That the afl have a membership you are just cut you can not get easy Finals tickets just like that.

W.C. Fry said:
Are you really this dumb? You own something and you dont even know how it works. AFL memberships wont get you into Subi. Why the hell would we want one.... fool.

And why ????

Because it is a small stadium - and this is why I would be angry if my team plays a Prelim Final there and I can't get a ticket.

Don't confuse the arguements.

MarkT said:
Did membership prices go up when we went from 1 PF to 2 PF's?

Goes up every year, bit hard to tell, but good point. Fees are based more on costs of running the club rather than number of games on show. Its a non profit oganisation, all profits are reinvested back into the club, so fees tend to rise with costs rather than with number of games available.

Fees have risen considerably as a result of the costs of building the new stand but remain very reasonable. We have lost a PF that we were contractually bound to get, and have received more than fair compensation. For me the value of a PF with two interstae sides is about the price of a Big Mac.

Disband AFL membership

MarkT said:

Do you really think non competing teams club support AFL members gat a ticket to the GF?

It they do then i would imagine it would be a handful only. And why shouldn't they - a $370 membership against a club membership of $150 odd.

I feel for the Victorian clubs, they actually have to start earning their home state finals.

It's tragic.

W.C. Fry said:
Are you really this dumb? You own something and you dont even know how it works. AFL memberships wont get you into Subi. Why the hell would we want one.... fool.

Get your facts right idiot.

From AFL website.

West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn - Saturday July 30 at Subiaco Oval

AFL Members with West Coast Eagles Club Support package and reserved seat can gain general admission entry to West Coast Eagles home matches at Subiaco Oval.

peejay said:
Do you really think non competing teams club support AFL members gat a ticket to the GF?
Of course they bloody do. Did you see any crowd shots of last year's GF?

Porthos said:
Disband AFL membership

Its a hangover from the VFL days, when Waverley was a neutral ground for all 12 VFL clubs, and you could become a VFL Park Member. After one of the many disputes between the VFL and the MCC when the VFL threatened to take its Grand Finals to Waverley forever, the compromise was set that VFL Park Members gain access to the MCG on Grand Final day.

When Waverley was demolished (or at least doomed) VFL Park Members became AFL Members with their own space in the new Great Southern Stand (in fact they shared an expanded space on GF Day in the Northern Stand with MCC Members for a few years until it was built). In the previous Southern Stand there was no such Members area.

Not sure where I stand on the "disband AFL Members" issue, I can see the arguments for it. By the same token it brings in a lot of money and you should never bite the hand that feeds you.

crowie said:
I feel for the Victorian clubs, they actually have to start earning their home state finals.

It's tragic.

I have no problem about interstate clubs earning the right to play home finals, in fact this thread is about the loss of value of an AFL membership nothing to do with earning the right.

Try and compensate for the chip on your shoulder.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL members ripped off once again!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back