Preview AFL NAB Cup Round 2 - Geelong v Adelaide, Simonds Stadium, 2:40PM Saturday 2 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menzel is back training with the group today - let's hope he gets some continuity! :) http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2013-02-25/images-the-running-game.workstation

Damn Blicavs looks solid too.... startin to look like 'The Weapon'! :eek:

menz.jpg

menzrun.jpg

blicavs.jpg
We won't be able restrain Partridges excitement Joshy Hunt and Stokes back on the track that will make his day:D

What are the running between? Tiny cameras or something?

I'm not an omen kinda guy but I just used an internet based "magic 8 ball" and asked it "Will the Geelong Football Club win the 2013 AFL Grand Final", I asked 9 seperate times and got 5 yes and 4 outlooking good.
based on this irrefutable evidence I think its time for us to hail the 2013 Premiers, the Geelong Cats!! WOOOO!!!!!

What are the running between? Tiny cameras or something?

they look like those motion sensors which hook upto the computers, kinda like the sport science side of things I guess.

Probably completely wrong though :)

From this article re Selwood

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/geelong-says-joel-selwood-wont-change-the-way-he-plays-despite-warnings-of-head-trauma/story-fnecrvvd-1226586139838?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: HeraldSunAfl (Herald Sun | AFL)&utm_content=Google International

Meanwhile, the Cats will welcome back premiership stars Paul Chapman and Andrew Mackie for its NAB Cup clash against Adelaide on Saturday.
Amos said the pair were "fit and ready to play" after being rested for Geelong's trip to Perth for Round 1 of the pre-season competition.
He said Chapman was raring to go and was pushing for more midfield time.
"He's had a good injury free pre-season and in terms of his preparation it couldn't have gone any better. He's looking forward to playing, as most the senior guys are this time of year, and he's ready to go," Amos said.
Amos said Mathew Stokes (ankle) and Josh Hunt (quad) were making steady progress from injury but would not play against the Crows.
Injured ruckman Hamish McIntosh is also close to a return to training after under-going knee surgery.

Interesting that JHunt is only referred to as injured, must have overcome the illness.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/geelon...s-of-head-trauma/story-fnect155-1226586139838

Far more excited about Menzel being back to worry about that.

I've got nothing against Hunt, but he's the wrong side of 30 and if the club is to move forward those spots have to be taken by youngsters.
Yes your probably right if we are taking the Australian Cricket team approach, but if its about winning premierships in 2013 then both Stokes and Hunt will contribute in a large capacity over the season....

Very Excited about Menzel back on the park in VFL. Looks like he will be in VFL from first round and just track progress from there. Going to be a huge addition to the team!

As for HMac, when back on the park he will be able to show why we have been missing a genuine number 1 ruck. Got the mongrel in him too so will add a lot to that centre square set up....that shouldn't be underestimated!

Yes your probably right if we are taking the Australian Cricket team approach, but if its about winning premierships in 2013 then both Stokes and Hunt will contribute in a large capacity over the season....

Very Excited about Menzel back on the park in VFL. Looks like he will be in VFL from first round and just track progress from there. Going to be a huge addition to the team!

As for HMac, when back on the park he will be able to show why we have been missing a genuine number 1 ruck. Got the mongrel in him too so will add a lot to that centre square set up....that shouldn't be underestimated!

HMc's value won't be in the centre square, where we were adequate last season, but at the around the ground clearances, where we were very poor.

Has anyone seen or heard anything on Nathan Vardy?
He finished last year off in the seniors.. But now hasn't been sited this pre season..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a huge worry really, well unless Balme is correct and it wont affect his season proper.
So, whose going to ruck? Blicavs and Vardy?
Do we try Bathie there or give Walker a game or 2 as a ruckman to see if he can improve?
I wouldnt mind seeing bathie actually, hes tall, he has a basketball background, could be another arrow to the Cats bow...

Thats a huge worry really, well unless Balme is correct and it wont affect his season proper.
Do we try Bathie there or give Walker a game or 2 as a ruckman to see if he can improve?
I wouldnt mind seeing bathie actually, hes tall, he has a basketball background, could be another arrow to the Cats bow...
Pods?

I'd like to see if Bathie can do what Jenkins does for the Crows..

Our only other realistic options are Vardy & Walker.

Loners and Taylor are too valuable in defence.

Do we have a designated kick out for behinds with JH out? No.
Just need to spread the load, work out who can actually do it.

Same scenario with ruck contests. Having a designated #1 ruck is overrated.
Well, it has to be right now as we don't have one. But seriously, we will cope well with spreading the load, using any of Bathie, Blicavs, Walker, Bathie, (TH very sporadically).

No worries. Yet.

Absolutely! Has the stamina, spring, mobility and aggression. Could be a real handful.

Yes that's right!...as a goal kicking forward....who else is going to give Hawkins the chopout he needs? Otherwise he's going to be double teamed for sure........ Pods is a proven goalkicker and spotup forward......................no dice!!

Yes that's right!...as a goal kicking forward....who else is going to give Hawkins the chopout he needs? Otherwise he's going to be double teamed for sure........ Pods is a proven goalkicker and spotup forward......................no dice!!

1 We’re talking in terms of finding someone to fill the bill while our rucks are in need of a chop out. Using someone with the experience and other qualities Pods has seems more than reasonable to me.

2 Pods hasn’t been the same player since his bad shoulder injury in 2011 and I don’t think will consistently ever be. Would love to be proven wrong believe me.

3 If he is so important to us in the forward half in the longer term, the coach wouldn’t be considering using him in the back half.

4 Everyone knows, or should know, games are won in the midfield and having an experienced mobile player who has the stamina, leap and aggression Pods has would, under the new rules, be very advantageous.

5 Frankly, I’d rather see Vards getting experience in the forward half and doing the forward half ruck work when required.

6 Sometimes you have to think outside the square.

1 We’re talking in terms of finding someone to fill the bill while our rucks are in need of a chop out. Using someone with the experience and other qualities Pods has seems more than reasonable to me.

2 Pods hasn’t been the same player since his bad shoulder injury in 2011 and I don’t think will consistently ever be. Would love to be proven wrong believe me.

3 If he is so important to us in the forward half in the longer term, the coach wouldn’t be considering using him in the back half.

4 Everyone knows, or should know, games are won in the midfield and having an experienced mobile player who has the stamina, leap and aggression Pods has would, under the new rules, be very advantageous.

5 Frankly, I’d rather see Vards getting experience in the forward half and doing the forward half ruck work when required.

6 Sometimes you have to think outside the square.

Kicked about 38 goals in an average year last year but looks really fit and fast so far in the NAB, I think he's over the issues that blighted him last season.
Looks mean and lean to me.......might go 40+ goals if we leave him be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back