AFL Press Conference 13:45.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good call IMO I just hope it doesn't come down to a couple of points for either team making the 8.

Wrong decision.

Geelong could miss the finals when there were alternative options that are equally compassionate.
It didn't sound like a decision was made on whether it should be called a draw or not, more that a decision was made that the game be canceled on compassionate grounds. Which is totally fair.

The rules then stipulate that under such a scenario, a draw is deemed the appropriate result.

Such a tough thing to have to rework. I have no problems with this decision.

Not many other viable options open to them. All the suggestions for midweek games and end of season being extended would just cause a major head **** for the AFL. Correct call.

Wrong decision.

Geelong could miss the finals when there were alternative options that are equally compassionate.

If we miss the finals I don't think it will because we got six points from two matches in Adelaide. It will because we can't win at home anymore. I think the League made the right decision.

This is the only thing the AFL could have done imo and it is the right thing for the players there is no way known they would have been in the correct head space to play a game of footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back