Preview AFL Rd 17 - Coll vs Carlton - Prematch Discussion, DaVe86's Preview post 138, Teams post 236

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am hoping for a soul destroying thrashing of a premiership pretender. I think we could do some serious psychological damage to Carlton on their way into the finals. Their confidence has been sky high, but a loss to the Dogs followed by a thrashing from us will mean some serious questions will be asked.

They potentially could drop out of the four on the back of this and get eliminated first round by the Saints or Dogs. Would be very funny :D.
That's why these games are great :thumbsu:

A win tomorrow means a lot to both teams.

I'm usually happy with just a win, but tomorrow I don't think i'll be satisfied unless we win every quarter.

Would really like to destroy their confidence with a comprehensive victory, and, as always, with no injuries.

Will be great to see BJ back in the team, my tip is that he will be subbed off sometime in the third quarter, barring any injuries. I'm thinking Rounds will be the sub.

Re: AFL Rd 17 - Coll vs Carlton - Prematch Discussion, DaVe86's Preview post 138

friggen lol :D

Re: AFL Rd 17 - Coll vs Carlton - Prematch Discussion, DaVe86's Preview post 138

would really like to see mccaffer come in as the late change, could be a very important swingman going into the finals

I reckon it will be Buckley in as well, unlucky for Goldsack though. Our three emergencies named yesterday were: McCarthy, Buckley and Goldsack so it will definately be one of those three in.

I'd bring in McCarthy. I'm surprised Goldsack is an emergency he's been ordinary. Buckley deserves a spell in the magood after last week IMO. McCarthy unlucky to be dropped in the first place. Rounds to be used in Shaws role. It may well bring the Blues smalls into the game a bit more.

Have we been too distracted this week?

Perfect week for the Blues to pounce.

I won't be surprised if we have a shocker tomorrow based on what's happened this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won't be surprised if we have a shocker tomorrow based on what's happened this week.

I expect the Opposite they be so Foused to show that this not a massive distraction

Having thought about it a little more I'm with Quicky I'd bring in McCarthy as the extra runner. Shaw's been playing a lot further up the ground of late, as almost a wingman, so I'd just allow Johnno to fill the void rather than Rounds (who I think may have already been assigned Betts anyway).

I was thinking the same thing while sitting at work in shock. With MM and now Shawy and Maxy it's been a big week.

However I don't think it will affect our boys when they get out on the ground to play.Also playing Carlton helps as they are our arch rivals and always nice to beat them.

Announcing the change 90 minutes b4 the game tomorrow.
Yeah, it was nice of the AFL to announce Heath's suspension after we had named out team for the week, basically making us name a player who was always going to be ineligible to play.;)

Bring Buckley back in for him, if he's 100% fit that is, other wise play J-Mac, Goldy doesn't deserve a game after getting a heap of goals kicked on him last week in the VFL.

Apparently Twomey was brought in to physically rough up and tag Heath Shaw. Not sure who he goes to now, maybe Thomas. Apparently Twomey has been in poor VFL form, but is a former boxer, and fits the Carlton plan tomorrow to start a lot of fights. Pies better be ready for some biff.

I was thinking the same thing while sitting at work in shock. With MM and now Shawy and Maxy it's been a big week.

However I don't think it will affect our boys when they get out on the ground to play.Also playing Carlton helps as they are our arch rivals and always nice to beat them.

This. I did think for a couple of hours that this may be a distraction but as time went on, i don't think it should matter too much. Our football club is built on adversity. That, coupled with the SKILLS & dedication of the our players, should see us over the line. If anything, Maxwell won't flinch & he will be looking at all & sundry in the pre-game address & asking for the players support.

Yeah, it was nice of the AFL to announce Heath's suspension after we had named out team for the week, basically making us name a player who was always going to be ineligible to play.;)

So this all a Con Job by the AFL to Screw Us;)

when heath and didak got suspended couple of years back, followng weekend we came out and pulled one of the greatest wins of our seasons out of our asses. against the saints. dawes and macaffer debuted.

the resolve of this team, an incident like this is not gonna bring us down. we'll come out more firing then ever. go the ****ing pies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back