Preview AFL Rd 17 - Coll vs Carlton - Prematch Discussion, DaVe86's Preview post 138, Teams post 236

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Rd 17 - Coll vs Carlton - Prematch Discussion, DaVe86's Preview post 138

Very happy with the side named! Thats the change I was expecting, good to see all 3 of the newbies get to play again. I'm thinking Johnson might be the sub? That would be ideal I reckon, ease him in.

Re: AFL Rd 17 - Coll vs Carlton - Prematch Discussion, DaVe86's Preview post 138

look at those outs for Carlton. This should be real messy for them come Saturday.

Carlton's mids better then Collingwood's? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Fk me i needed that laugh but then again i got that when i looked at the team Carlton are putting out :D

I say BJ will be Sub on Saturday
Nah, I don't think we are mucking around with the sub anymore, Rounds or Fasolo will be the sub, and on rotation, you would think Rounds is this weeks choice.

I think we are genuinely putting one of our 21st or 22nd ranked player each week as the sub now, and will do so once we get to the finals also.

In a couple of weeks though, I would expect some of our stars to become subs on a rotational basis, just to freshen them up before September.

I find the responses from Carlton supporters really humerous on here:rolleyes:

Considering whenever we say boo on their board they tell us to p!ss off.

Anyways back to the game.I like Benny being back in and also glad that Rounds,Keeffe and Fasolo get another game together:D Would be hoping we start to add the Caffe and maybe even Beams in the next couple of weeks.Hopefully getting our best team on the ground for the last month of the regular season and steaming towards the finals.

look at those outs for Carlton. This should be real messy for them come Saturday.

Carlton's mids better then Collingwood's? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Fk me i needed that laugh but then again i got that when i looked at the team Carlton are putting out :D

What's with this arrogance? Their midfield is clearly their key to them winning, and group vs group they at a very least, break even with us.

What's with this arrogance? Their midfield is clearly their key to them winning, and group vs group they at a very least, break even with us.
The interesting part is I haven't seen one Carlton fan (even the delusional ones) post that their forward line or backline is better then ours.;):)

Cheers. :thumbsu: But it wasn't meant to be a troll.

This is pretty much on the mark, Swooop.

The way I see it is::

Jolly is ahead of Kreuzer
Judd is ahead of Swann
Murphy is ahead of Pendlebury
Robinson is ahead of Ball
Wellingham is ahead of Simpson.

So IMO we have a better midfield. But it's only just.

Pendlebury is better than Murphy. They asked this question on Triple M the other day.... every single one of them picked Pendlebury. Not really definitive, but at least they're unbiased "experts" weighing in.

Ball is more influential than Robinson. Though Robinson has had a bit of a purple patch of late.

On topic though, the Blues are a fine side. We've gotta be weary of them coming off a loss. We are clearly better than them, but anything can happen on the day against a good side. I don't share the err... confidence... of others on here about a smashing. We should win, let's just leave it at that. :D

Glad to see Benny back, Curnow a big in for them. :thumbsu:

I would take a different line. I welcome posters like Toad and Harker who seem to give balanced views. I'd rather a little controversy and an alternate view as long as they keep it balanced which they have.

This board is good because we allow opposition views. We only get stronger by tolerating and encouraging their visits. If any of you experience treatment on another board that doesn't measure take it as a positive not something to fling back in the future

This is exactly what we are trying to build up here on our board.

There are some boards that work differently, when we post there, and that's their decision, but IMO, they're all the weaker for it.

Overall, we get very balanced views from our guests, occasionally we may get views that we don't agree with, well all the better...we're big enough to accept that.

The only thing we don't like is personal abuse, playing the man so to speak.

These outsider discussions keep our board fresh and invigorated and we really don't want it insular or overly parochial.

Thank you Gone Critical, excellent post :)

Our midfield has three out and out stars, they have two.
We also bat deeper.

Looking at their team Im very confident of a good win again, they do have those little nippy forwards we have to watch though.

90,000 fans I dare say the boys will be up for this.

WTF?

Judd/Murphy may equal = Pendles/Swan

then who, to say they 'at the very least' break even.

A midfield is not 2 players.

Jolly/Ball/ Thomas/Wellingham/Didak* is far superior to anything carlton can put together. Obviously Didak wont be playing.

I'll try Kreuzer/Robinson/Simpson/Gibbs. Notsureifserious.jpg

We have beaten them in the midfield in the past 4 games (possibly round 3 just a win, the other 3 beltings).

carltons' midfield is good. It's about the 4th best in the comp. I rate Geelong as a better midfield and then slightly behind Hawthorns.

Don't get confused with with stats, watch what the midfield does with the footy and what it creates.

Back to the game, good to see BJ back. Only Beams, Dawes & Didak (2 of last years top 6 in the BnF) as certs to come back in to our best team. Caff an each way bet at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get confused with with stats, watch what the midfield does with the footy and what it creates.

Stats favour ours pretty convincingly.

The one thing I'll give them is that they're pretty close to the best clearance midfield. Unfortunately for them, getting clearances is not a midfield's only job.

Stats favour ours pretty convincingly.

The one thing I'll give them is that they're pretty close to the best clearance midfield. Unfortunately for them, getting clearances is not a midfield's only job.

True. One thing I noticed in the round 3 game, was I've never seen Judd or Murphy work as hard defensively then they did in that game.

Judd finished with 24 and Murphy 18 touches. Playing defensively takes plenty out of the tank. They average around 30 each for the year. Games a bit tougher when your opponent is equally adept at getting the footy and hurting you with it.

If carlton go for a head to head shoot out, it'll finish like round 6 last year with us scoring 120+ carlton 80.

That's 3 pretty good umpires, you usually don't get 3 of that quality for one game, meaning the AFL clearly sees this game as its biggest showpiece for a while, and why not.:)
Clearly you've never seen Margetts umpire before. Wait until you get him against West Coast or Fremantle and then we'll see whether you have the same opinion of him.

He is hopelessly biased towards his home state teams.

Clearly you've never seen Margetts umpire before. Wait until you get him against West Coast or Fremantle and then we'll see whether you have the same opinion of him.

He is hopelessly biased towards his home state teams.

I agree, that is his main weakness, but thankfully we aren't playing a WA side this week, so he should be on his best behaviour.;)

Wonder what Blair's role will be this week. He seemed to play FF last week!

He plays tall that guy, more than any other little guy I can recall...spose Leigh Matthews did, Moorecroft from Essendon, can't think of many others, Brad Johnson maybe, but not to the extent that Blair seems to.

Last time v Blues he kicked five i think, in a 28 pt win, and was probably best on ground.

Murphy is ahead of Pendlebury
Robinson is ahead of Ball

Will be interesting to see how the blues go about it this week. Much different team from the round 3 clash, which we matched up very well. Blair was the only difference, this is the only reason I can see Joseph retaining his spot.

Shame Carrazzo isn't playing he would play an offensive tagging role which he does so well and help shut down the pies rebound.

If pies come out complacent blues are a chance, if they come out fired we will go down.

Blues need to win some respect this weekend so who knows

Toad you forgot Thomas? He's not just a winger anymore you know. I rate him higher than Swan this season as I'm sure many others do, even more so because his ability to play well in big games. Compare him to Gibbs in the mids and suddenly its not so balanced...

Am hoping for a soul destroying thrashing of a premiership pretender. I think we could do some serious psychological damage to Carlton on their way into the finals. Their confidence has been sky high, but a loss to the Dogs followed by a thrashing from us will mean some serious questions will be asked.

They potentially could drop out of the four on the back of this and get eliminated first round by the Saints or Dogs. Would be very funny :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back