AFL Rd 6 - Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Didak plays but it looks like he won't and I'm wondering why.
There's an old wives tale that a returning player plays their best game,second game back from a lay-off.
Skipping the Dogs means that game will be against the Cats.

This post may or may not be highly spurious in nature.

Confirmed.

Reid and Shaw back, Didak to be given 2 more weeks and Thomas sits out one more.

:(

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/134777/default.aspx

The Didak one astounds me, we have no VFL game this weekend, yet the club feels that a player who has always needed a few games to get going needs another break, wtf?

Are they saying that Ugle and Sinclair are a bigger part of our future then Didak? I really don't get it.

Didak's first game back will be a Saturday Night game against Brisbane, and then he will have 6 days to recover before we face our next big test, against the Cats, not really the perfect preparation leading into such a massive game, for one of our most vital players.

At worst, he should have been the sub this week, I just don't get it.:confused:

Oh, welcome back Reid and Shaw, we need you.:thumbsu::D

Didak won't play against Brisbane, he is having this week off in full then will have another run in the VFL. I would assume that his first game back will be Geelong.

The Didak one astounds me, we have no VFL game this weekend, yet the club feels that a player who has always needed a few games to get going needs another break, wtf?

Are they saying that Ugle and Sinclair are a bigger part of our future then Didak? I really don't get it.

Didak's first game back will be a Saturday Night game against Brisbane, and then he will have 6 days to recover before we face our next big test, against the Cats, not really the perfect preparation leading into such a massive game, for one of our most vital players.

At worst, he should have been the sub this week, I just don't get it.:confused:

Oh, welcome back Reid and Shaw, we need you.:thumbsu::D

I don't get it either, two solid performances in the VFL...
We want Dids! Not stupid Sinclair.

Oh well Wb Reid & Shaw and i hope Reid goes forward.

Here's an interesting fact, the last time i was at a game was vs the crows last year when taz went forward, and tomorrow night Reid will go forward, i'll bet my money on it :thumbsu:

"Buckley said the Pies wanted to get "another couple of weeks of solid training into him" before senior consideration."

What's not to get?? He's not fit enough to play yet.....:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Buckley said the Pies wanted to get "another couple of weeks of solid training into him" before senior consideration."

What's not to get?? He's not fit enough to play yet.....:confused:

What's not to get?:confused:

If Didak doesn't play this week, and if he doesn't play next week which looks likely now, we are going to bring him back in against the best side in the AFL with no senior runs under his belt.

HE WILL GET SLAUGHTERED, the Cats love kicking Didak's arse, especially recently, and with no senior games under his belt, it will happen again.

He needed to have a run this week, if he's fit enough to play a few VFL games, he's fit enough to play at least a few quarters of AFL, or has he re injured himself and we have not been told?

I still don't get it, sorry, but I don't, if he does not play tomorrow night, he can not play until the Adelaide game, it would be a stupid move to bring him back untested and untried in 2012 against the best team in football.

If Didak doesn't play this week, and if he doesn't play next week which looks likely now, we are going to bring him back in against the best side in the AFL with no senior runs under his belt.

HE WILL GET SLAUGHTERED, the Cats love kicking Didak's arse, especially recently, and with no senior games under his belt, it will happen again.

He needed to have a run this week, if he's fit enough to play a few VFL games, he's fit enough to play at least a few quarters of AFL, or has he re injured himself and we have not been told?

I still don't get it, sorry, but I don't, if he does not play tomorrow night, he can not play until the Adelaide game, it would be a stupid move to bring him back untested and untried in 2012 against the best team in football.

None of us know whats going on with him and what the collingwood inner sanctum are thinking... whatever the case it will be the most informed and best move for the club

[sarcasm]Nathan Buckley logic, Bring back Malthouse![/sarcasm]

Well, if bucks think thats best for him, i guess we can't argue.
Unless he's bought in as an emergency?

My guess is he's carrying some sort of niggle. Because we're crying out for other goal kicking options in the ones and with 250 career goals to his name he would provide another avenue to attack and he's been kicking them in the reserves too with 5 in 3 games.

I guess we'll have to just watch this space re Didak....

He will play when he is ready. I'm sure there are reasons behind him apparently not being selected this week. If his first match is against Geelong, then so be it. He is an AFL footballer with vast experience, I don't think he'd be quaking in his boots about potentially playing his first game against a side such as Geelong. Sure there might be easier opponents to play against but if we want to be the best side then our players will be required to play good footy against all opponents. Geelong also are no longer the best team in football, well not right at the minute anyway

Anyone wanna make predictions on the crowd? The last time we played the dogs was at the G and we got 53k, what's the chances of us drawing 45k + at etihad?

Didak tweaked his ankle in the VFL so maybe that hasn't come up 100%?

Friday night at Etihad the crowd should be 40k+ but the problem is when they go to this all reserved seating business people just decide to watch it at home instead, too much hassle.

Plus Etihad with 30k+ is a nightmare, such a poorly designed stadium in regards to large crowds.

My predict ins/outs

In: Reid, Shaw
Out: Goldsack, Ugle/Seedsman/Sinclair. Probably Seedsman, Hopefully Sinclair.

I've liked Goldsack's game but it's hard to find an out for Reid, Buckley maybe instead?

Didak tweaked his ankle in the VFL so maybe that hasn't come up 100%?

Friday night at Etihad the crowd should be 40k+ but the problem is when they go to this all reserved seating business people just decide to watch it at home instead, too much hassle.

Plus Etihad with 30k+ is a nightmare, such a poorly designed stadium in regards to large crowds.

My predict ins/outs

In: Reid, Shaw
Out: Goldsack, Ugle/Seedsman/Sinclair. Probably Seedsman, Hopefully Sinclair.

Indeed, walking out onto the platforms at southern cross station after a game takes ages and is just a terrible experience.

Indeed, walking out onto the platforms at southern cross station after a game takes ages and is just a terrible experience.

Yeah and Makes it very Slow. You almost have to get to the Gate that lets you out that goes straight on to the Bridge that takes you to the Station

120503_mw300.jpg

Looks like Williams is still a Chance of Playing as was Training with Seniors

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/134788/default.aspx

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Rd 6 - Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back