AFL Rd 6 - Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Changes for Western Bulldogs

Does anyone know why Dawes kicking has gone from dead-eye to woeful? i think id rather cloke having a shot rather than him now... Dawes marking is also below average for somone of his size.

Dawes out for Paine, Sinclair and Seedsmen were both terrible and both out for elliot and didak. Reid and Shaw given an extra week rest.

No changes.

Why would you? Rest up our senior players and keep them match-ready but fresh in the twos. Get valuable game time into Sinclair, Seedsman, Ugle up until around Rd 13-14 then let them back to finesse their game in the VFL where they'll storm it. Keep them fresh as emergencies for closer to Rd 20-24.

This could well be a blessing in disguise if the current team can build strength from the kids up and keep our experienced players from going too hard to early.

From an outsider looking in:

Simon Buckley seemed to utilize his kicking ability today. He is a lovely kick but often just bombs. A few times he hit Cloke lace out.

Dawes did seem to improve in the ruck. Or was that just me?

Keeffe is absolutely awesome.

im not a massive fan of Sinclair, because of his poor disposal. BUT, he is THE best tackler in that forward line atm. had 9 today and you can tell Bucks love him. he deserves to stay on intent... disposal will come with composure and experience playing the big games.

Apparently thomas may not get up for the Dogs game but Heater should. My changes...

IN:Didak, Shaw

OUT:Seedsman, Ugle?

Buckley was ok today, doesn't deserve to get dropped but might because Shaw is an upgrade in the same position.

I can't believe we have just had a great win and people are looking at changes for a game in 10 days

Enjoy today

Anyone on this board who reckons Sinclair keeps his place is a either a relative or has no FN idea about the game... Come on, he is a spud + more

In Shaw, Didak, Elliott
Out Sinclair Sinclair Sinclair (Seedsman, Buckley)

Dawes keeps his place until Reid & Tarrant are back.

B: Toovey - Keeffe - Maxwell
HB: Clarke - Brown - O'Brien
C: Johnson - Swan - Wellingham
HF: Blair - Cloke - Beams
F: Fasolo - Dawes - Goldsack
FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Sidebottom
INT: Ugle - Buckley - Young
Sub: Didak​

In: Didak - Young
Out: Sinclair - Seedsman

Out: seedsman, Buckley

In:Didak, Shaw

From all reports Dale Thomas' hamstring was worse than heaters. Don't risk him, especially against the bulldogs.

Seedsman was poor, looked tired. Buckley is stiff, but someone out of the backline must drop out for shaw.

Dawes will come good, only person I'd drop him for is tarrant, who would play forward.

Sinclair actually played ok. Tackling pressure was huge, needs to work on composure around goals, cannot play him in finals but am happy to play him against dogs and brisbane to get his confidence up.

Dawes has improved in his marking and getting to contests, just needs more confidence when kicking for goal. In reality he should have a match or two in the seconds and we maybe bring Paine in, but i don't think it will happen.

dawes has improved marking.:confused:

not sure if srs

you were obviously watching a different game.

the Sinclair hate is amazing. The kid was great today, just didnt finish off his good work. He will turn it around.
He wont be getting dropped

whatever

out: sinclair
in: Didak

Dawes is very VERY far from being an elite player

Ugle looks cool & calm, like to see him get a full gig

Thank **** for Benny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with the run of 'easier games' prior to geelong in round 8, i'd be trickle feeding the injured guys in - maybe dids next week, followed by shaw, then simply who ever is ready for geelong.....and really ready, not just might be ready.

deserving or not, those kids getting a taste this year all need to go back and reinforce everything theyve learnt in their senior games. there are further chances to come later in the year (hopefully voluntary, not forced). all will be deserving more games from what ive seen.

IN: Didak, Shaw, Thomas/Reid Depending on fitness.
OUT: Seedsman, Sinclair Ugle/Buckley Depending on Thomas and Reid.

If Thomas is fit then drop Ugle. I read that Reid is aiming to be fit for this Friday night so if he is fit i would drop Buckley.

Sinclair laid 9 tackles today, including a few vital ones. :thumbsu:

His pace and tackling pressure is fantastic! :thumbsu:

Everything else he does is shocking. :eek:

He reminds me of the line they use for Casanova.
Everything he touches he ****s.

Sinclair + Seedsman out
Didak + Reid in.

dawes has improved marking.:confused:

not sure if srs

you were obviously watching a different game.

Mate he can mark overhead much better than last year.

Sinclair + Seedsman out
Didak + Reid in.

I wonder if the nine blokes he tackled know what he did to them.

I think dropping Buckley would be a mistake. Against Port he only had about eight touches but he started three passages of play that led to goals with great kicking. He was solid again tonight. If we're persisting with Sinclair because of what he does without the ball, why wouldn't we persist with a guy based on what he can do with it? He's performing his role now and he has way more potential than a few guys who are getting regular games. Decent player I reckon, and he could be top class.

I think with Dawes we need to keep faith in him. I believe he will get better each week. Give him until Round 10 to improve. If he doesn't then maybe bring wood or Ceglar in, but I really don't believe that dropping Dawes will do much for his confidence.

Dawes took some good marks out in front today, and contested well in marking contests and the ruck. Now he needs to continue improving that marking and start kicking goals again!

He is using his body a lot better in contests and I think that needs to be encouraged.

whatever

out: sinclair
in: Didak

Dawes is very VERY far from being an elite player

Ugle looks cool & calm, like to see him get a full gig

Thank **** for Benny

I totally disagree.

Yes, his form hasn't been great. But it only takes a good game or 2 for him to get back to his best. And if you haven't seen his best, have a look at the reply of collingwood vs North Melbourne or Collingwood Vs Port, 2011 (round 1 or 2)

Sinclair + Seedsman out
Didak + Reid in.

He laid 9 tackles today because he couldn't read the play and get first to the ball. He needs to be dropped. I don't know what the coaching staff see in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back