Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
From AFL Website:

The AFL and associated Club websites will be unavailable from approximately 5am to 10am AEST this morning. The reason for this outage is to re-launch a new AFL website.

If anyone watched the documentary series 'The Games' about how the Olympics were put together you would know that an organisation relaunches their web site whenever they need to divert attention from another issue.

Originally posted by iceman
I feel so great knowing that the great Suzi has agreed with me :rolleyes:

Your credibility is now shot.

I've got an idea that just might work, use the 6 months in between seasons to get it right.

It would be an interesting survey to see where people go for their football info.

For stats I use AFL tables
For gossip and reading supporters pumping up their own teams and players -bigfooty
for a laugh -blueview
for delusional Saints supporters -Saintsational
for info -Realfooty or Heraldsun

The only thing I use the AFL site for is to find out the results of past drafts and that is so user unfriendly as to make it a waste of time, no full list further than 3 years prior, waste of an opportunity. Stats should be their bread and butter.

Great timing too.

Monday morning would have to be one of the sites busier timeslots with people logging on to read the wash up from the weekends games and check footy tipping etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, navigation wise AFL's previous website was a bit better than the new one & basically they went backwards in that respect & ended up putting all the emphasis on fancier icons & boring colors...

I guess they must have figured out some of those problems so back to the drawing board...

Originally posted by goaldrush
Is your crediability shot as well Fred???!!!

Nope - haven't agreed with you yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL relaunching it website again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back