Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said in the podcast, I commend the Saints on their efforts this year. They're doing the right thing by playing kids, they've picked up a couple of nice wins.. good for them.

Tonight, we make them intimately aware of their position in the competition. It's about time we put a team to the sword and exerted our authority this season. With a bit of luck, we'll be 4th after the weekend (if the Crows do us a little favor) and should be building towards a big clash with Hawthorn with wins in the next three weeks.

I'd play Young as the sub (actually, I'd make a late change and put the Seed as the sub, but i digress) and i'll be paying particular attention to our forward setup.

The one mistake we've made imo coming into this match is having one ruckman too many

Once you're there I don't mind the place but getting there, especially on a Friday Night is a pain in the fricking arse.

Only one more game there this year after tonight (Dogs in 2 weeks) thankfully.

Sunday twilight games are bad as well.

It would help if we played decent sides there but instead we have StKilda and the WB, that's just annoying haha.

On the bright side it would be great to smash StKilda, they use to beat us a lot in the last few year so I will never get tired of beating them.

Hoping for a 10 goal win, I hate StKilda!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a late change with Witts coming out.

Perhaps, but none of the emergencies really fit the structure we're going for (i.e 2 talls + resting ruck). The obvious selection for me was Karnezis, who could be subbed off for a runner in the 4th if he was struggling.

Its not our home game but even if it was it would be because all clubs are contracted to play 2 games a year there and have been for about 15 years

Richmond and Melbourne only have one :(

It's our own contract that sees us with two...

It is a Sh*tHole - Would rather go to Waverly if it was still there

How many games did you go to at Waverly? It was called Arctic park for a reason and though I hate Etihad it is superior to Waverly in every way except surface.

How many games did you go to at Waverly? It was called Arctic park for a reason and though I hate Etihad it is superior to Waverly in every way except surface.

Never - My Dad said it was the Best Ground to Watch Footy but he said it was in a Rain Belt.

So waverly was a Toliet?

Never - My Dad said it was the Best Ground to Watch Footy but he said it was in a Rain Belt.

So waverly was a Toliet?

A lot of that generation of supporters felt that way (my old man included). I went to maybe 10 games there through the 90's and all I'll say is not one of them seemed to be on a decent day.

The parking was crap, the location was crap and the seating was crap. It was very much like Etihad, but exposed to the elements.

It was part of our deal to play more games at the G IIRC? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

From memory it's because of the amazing deal we have. Our G deal states that we must play x number of games as a minimum there, but the Etihad deal I believe is along the lines of we can get 3 men and a dog to show up and still make a 50k profit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back