Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering our disgraceful performances in terms of clearances lately and our set up of 2-4 wingers/HBF's in which there are too many of and none can be effective through the midfield in terms of winning the contest, Id be happy and wanting JT to come in, and expect Fas to play midfield and fwd tonight.

I still think we are 2 or so mid fielders short overall

I fear for Keefe on Roo. If he kicks bag his confidence will be really low.
I'd much prefer Frost and Goldsack given the role on Riewoldt tonight.

Frost can take him when he's inside 50 and Goldy when he goes up the ground.

Frost is a better defender than Keeffe, simple.

Goldsack needs to stay forward, he's far more valuable there IMO. Sure he had a damn awesome game last week but his work in the forward line is consistently good, you couldn't say the same for his work out of the backline.

As for Keeffe he's still young and developing. Hopefully these inconsistencies start to disappear as time goes on and he becomes reliable every week. There's little to no chance he'd be given the main job on Riewoldt anyway, would be absolutely daft.

How fit is PK without doing any pre-season?

Do you think our Coach, the Selection Committee and Fitness Staff might have a better idea than a poster on social media?

If an "unfit" Karnezis can still snag 3 or 4. I don't care really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill be happy for a win and no injuries. Sure a percentage boost would be nice, but Im sure Essendon fans were saying that as well.
Oh and 3 Brownlow votes for Captain Pendles too ;)

No, I get that you don't care, but his fitness is clearly an issue for those who do care

I'd rather they take form as priority over fitness. Clearly that's just me. It's not like Karnzis can't run 10 metres without being puffed out here.

My thinking goes like this.

Realistically, we can probably afford to "carry" PK through the next 3 weeks. Especially given we've been able to carry Cloke all year. Give him 3 weeks against lesser sides to get used to the pace of the game and get some match fitness up.

I completely agree with you. This was/is the time to be getting our best 22 together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back