Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of that generation of supporters felt that way (my old man included). I went to maybe 10 games there through the 90's and all I'll say is not one of them seemed to be on a decent day.

The parking was crap, the location was crap and the seating was crap. It was very much like Etihad, but exposed to the elements.

What I heard it was Like Footy Park in SA with the Lack of Public Transport and Shocking Parking

• Pies by 20-30 Points
  • Love to See Grundy vs Longer. 2 AA U-18 Ruckman year apart
  • Adams to Rip It Apart in the Ruck Contests and Grundy to be a Massive Help and also kick a Few
Dave, Grundy won back to back AA U-18. He beat Longer to it in Grundy's underage year.

Apparently this is the Saints biggest game of the year. And next week's will be Melbourne's, and the week after that the Dogs...

All The Bad Sides, Would see there game against us is like there Granny.

Happening for Ages

I am not saying a Few Drinks is wrong. It’s the One that go over the top. People who go to games Half Pissed and then get Completely Pissed at the Game. Just go to game to get Drunk is just sad
That's the one that gets me Dave. Not that I become violent, just a tad unwell. I think in future I'll skip that mongrel of a 10th beer and go straight to number 11 after number 9.

That's the one that gets me Dave. Not that I become violent, just a tad unwell. I think in future I'll skip that mongrel of a 10th beer and go straight to number 11 after number 9.

Why would you even Drink that Much?

Yeah I would be dissapointed to see a late change.
Like the idea of having Wittsy deep, stretch their backline.

Will beat Longer in the ruck as well.

Looking Forward to the Grundy vs Longer Ruck Duel but we have a Better Back-Up with the Monster Witts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would they give the vest to Langdon? He's been one of our most consistent defenders this season :confused:

Playing against a bottom side. A young player who we need to manage the workload of, it makes sense tonight could be an opportunity to freshen him up. Injuries aside if he plays 30-40 mins of footy then it could really help him heading in to the 2nd half of the season. It'll be interesting to see if they do vest him or not.

Ps - **** the sub rule. Interchange cap is more than enough. Cap it at 100 and be done with then sub rule.

Apparently this is the Saints biggest game of the year. And next week's will be Melbourne's, and the week after that the Dogs...
All The Bad Sides, Would see there game against us is like there Granny.

Happening for Ages
Don't see how it's our biggest game of the year. Maybe crowd attendance wise yes, but besides that I wouldn't call it our biggest

Don't see how it's our biggest game of the year. Maybe crowd attendance wise yes, but besides that I wouldn't call it our biggest
How many Friday night games do you have?

How many times do you play a club like us that exposes you to massive ratings and a large attendance?

That's why it's the biggest game for you, your marketing department and club board would love this fixture to be permanent every year, in fact they've already requested it as a fixture each indigenous round on the Friday before the Saturday dream time game.

It's as big as it gets from a financial point of view really.

That doesn't mean the players see it as a Grand Final of course, to them it's just a big game.

Just so you know for future reference. It's the biggest game of the year for the other 17 clubs when they play us.

Still baffled Karnezis wasn't picked. Buckley's selection process is starting to irk me.

Just so you know for future reference. It's the biggest game of the year for the other 17 clubs when they play us.

Still baffled Karnezis wasn't picked. Buckley's selection process is starting to irk me.

I really want Karnezis in as well but can understand why he hasn't been picked. Shit scheduling though with no VFL game this weekend. Obviously coming off a very limited pre season they want PK's fitness to be top notch before selecting him, which makes his VFL form thus far all the more impressive.

Can't wait to see the addition of Reid and Karnezis up forward. Hopefully from the hawks game onwards.

I really want Karnezis in as well but can understand why he hasn't been picked. Shit scheduling though with no VFL game this weekend. Obviously coming off a very limited pre season they want PK's fitness to be top notch before selecting him, which makes his VFL form thus far all the more impressive.

Can't wait to see the addition of Reid and Karnezis up forward. Hopefully from the hawks game onwards.

My thinking goes like this.

Realistically, we can probably afford to "carry" PK through the next 3 weeks. Especially given we've been able to carry Cloke all year. Give him 3 weeks against lesser sides to get used to the pace of the game and get some match fitness up.

Playing against a bottom side. A young player who we need to manage the workload of, it makes sense tonight could be an opportunity to freshen him up.
I get where you are coming from but we just had a bye two weeks ago. If he needs a rest, it can be later in the year.

Still plenty of walk up seating areas tonight (upstairs of course);

magpiearmy: All GA Home and Away members have access for tonight's match. Seating is available on Level 3 in Aisles 1-5, Aisles 20-29 and Aisles 44-48.

That's 21 bays available for walkup, not expecting a massive crowd then.

How fit is PK without doing any pre-season?

Do you think our Coach, the Selection Committee and Fitness Staff might have a better idea than a poster on social media?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back