Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

A quick scan of the thread would seem to suggest that many people think Adams should be dropped. I disagree. He did not have the best game and his kicking was poor. What he did do was get in there and have a crack. The kid can play, but in my opinion he is just trying too hard. He is so desperate to prove himself. I would keep him in the side and show a bit of faith. Dropping him would be really harsh.
So JT gets his chance like Adams.

But who took their opportunity more?

Oops, forgot about Sidebottom already!

Looking like those changes at this very early stage I guess.

Witts for Grundy? Nothing to do with form.

Perhaps. Wouldn't mind Grundy having a couple of weeks in the VFL. Think it will do him some good.

Did manage to hit the behind post from 30 metres out though

I am not sure why you are so negative on the kid Blaze. He didn't have a great game but surely you can see that he is going to be a good player?

Nine players for the Pies tonight aged 22 or younger that is a young team and young teams can often go missing at times but a without a doubt over the last 2 matches they show resilience and heart.

After Maxy was injured Keeffe marshaled the troops and he did it pretty well for a man who has played less than 30 games and is only 23 himself I am so happy with the way these "Kids" go about it who would not be.

Many more positives than negatives about the result,I don,t know if people realize the Saints are older and more experienced than we are yet we pumped them easily and we have had a big turnaround on the Cats % wise this weekend.

This team can be a top 4 team this season they may not now and they may not be at the end of the season but they have some heart and it can take you a long way in this life.
IMV it is too early to say they cannot make top 4 what we need is a steady improvement all the time and competition for spots and that is the way it is panning out,I can tell you now that if someone offered me 7 out 10 pre season I would have jumped at it and I still do because 7 more wins means we will probably play finals and a lot of people thought we might not.To tell the truth when I saw them in feb up here on the Gold Coast I had my doubts especially on the 1st half showing but the 2nd half was totally different.Think back 10 weeks and that shellacking we copped from Freo and I would bet not many would have had us at 7 and 3.

I think 4 wks ago I was expecting a Cats V Hawks gf but that has all changed and I am not sure either will be there and don,t forget we have not seen Reid at all this and he could make a big difference to our team.

All in all I am very happy with an 86 pt win over the Saints and delighted with the last qtr,Adams does need some work on his disposal christ most of our team do if truth be told but they have a dip and I will settle for that.

Ps I am going to the match on the Coast in a few weeks time and I am looking forward because it is a match we can win when I was there in Febuary I thought no chance but I think we are a chance now and we are doing it on the back of a young team.The future looks very promising for the Pies.

Last edited:
I am not sure why you are so negative on the kid Blaze. He didn't have a great game but surely you can see that he is going to be a good player?

We say every Collingwood kid is going to be a good player

Still too early to say but he has a lot of work to do

Not as good as Thomas though.

Surely you can see that jmac?

Thomas was awesome. I would like to see them both continue to play in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so if Adams had kicked the two goals he would have shot up from super S**t to very good?
the kid played a good game. Made some disposal errors but he is 20. Also played better than many other guys who nobody seems to want to mention.

7 Kicks, 6 clangers, 3 easy shots on goals butchered and the 2nd lowest D/E for the team except for Toovey who shut down well.

I'm sorry but you are incredibly biased if you think he played a good game...

We say every Collingwood kid is going to be a good player

Still too early to say but he has a lot of work to do

I am not denying that. No point dropping him after one game though.

Finishing the game out very strongly and banging on 7 to zip in the last was a great sign, was a pretty crap game until then.

Cloke getting a bit of it and kicking 5 was very encouraging.

Return games of Seedsman and Thomas was very good to see, both took their chance and will be hard to leave out next game.

Fasolo kicking 4 as a forward was a good sign.

Young played very well.

Frost and Langdon continued there good form and Marley was good as well.

Keeffe was very solid after being dropped.

Elliot continues his good form.

Beams is a star.

Witts, White ruck combo did well.

Steele will get 2 weeks you'd think.

Hertier's safaris up the ground are fun but you never know where he is going or what is going to happen next!

Adam's kicking is just terrible, nowhere near AFL standard, a real concern at the moment. He has to turn it around or he will never be the player we hope.

St. Kilda are woeful at the moment, we needed to spank them with a percentage boosting win and despite long patches of ordinary footy, in two bursts we did what we needed to.

That DE of 77% is taken from his four previous games this year which consist of 2o kicks and 23 HBs. Although DE isn't the most accurate reflection of kicking skills, it can be used as a comparison to other player's DE and as such it compares favourably to most other inside mids.

No problems it was just odd that he was going at the same rate to that point of the match.

Jury's really out on Adams use by foot ATM. Right now poor would be my rating, but he appeared to be a man that realised tonight was his chance and he just tried too hard...

I'm not making any long term statements on him, but he needs to be better.

Who else are you going to drop for Ball Swan Grundy ect?

I am not convinced Ball will be right for next week. Even if he is we could still have him and Swan in for Maxy and Steele. I don't think we will see the two rucks play together again. White showed enough to finish that little experiement.

7 Kicks, 6 clangers, 3 easy shots on goals butchered and the 2nd lowest D/E for the team except for Toovey who shut down well.

I'm sorry but you are incredibly biased if you think he played a good game...
18 possesions 7 tackles. Wins the hard ball. I think he did ok.
I am not saying he was best on ground but he was far from worst. Does not deserve the level of criticism he is getting.

I am not convinced Ball will be right for next week. Even if he is we could still have him and Swan in for Maxy and Steele. I don't think we will see the two rucks play together again. White showed enough to finish that little experiement.

It sounds like Ball was just rested

So which Collingwood players were far worse than Adams?
goldsack for one. Applied some good pressure but Adams played better than him
Blair Didn't really do much today. Again Adams was better than him
Toovey. Yeah a bit hard to compare as his role is very different and can't use stats to make a point but not a great game from him either

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back