Preview AFL Round 13 - St Kilda v Geelong, MCG, Friday 25 June 7:50PM (10 minutes delayed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Round 13 - St Kilda v Geelong, MCG, Friday 25 June 7:40PM

An absolute disgrace. What a pathetic performance by geelong, such an amateur performance and so many average players such as blake, taylor hunt, wojo, stokes and a couple more. To not kick a goal in 2 quarters of footy is an abomination, i don't care if we are missing hawkins, rooke, corey, champan and kelly, we should of won tonight against what i think an average st. Kilda side.

P.s: Jimmy bartel looks to be in pain, could be a broken or fractured arm.

Saints will now have belief after beating us, plus they will get Riewoldt back so i really can't see anyone stopping them this year, i think they've got it.

Saints will now have belief after beating us, plus they will get Riewoldt back so i really can't see anyone stopping them this year, i think they've got it.

Might as well run up the white flag and hand them the cup now?

Have some freaking faith. It was a bad night at the office :rolleyes:

They're a stiff chance, but I'm not going to give them the flag on the basis of that performance given our outs and generally average effort.

The saints are getting back to last years form, they are starting to play that boring, pressure game that thy do so well. We were below average tonight, a lot of improvement to be done. I can't see another team but us stoping the Saints from going all the way this year, especially with Riewoldt back in the team.

We were outplayed, out tackled and the likes of Steven (who the hell is he??) Gwilt, Schneider etc led us a merry dance. Certainly we need to remove the preponderance of 50's that we seem to concede, and Scarlett reliving the Andrew Dunkley 'miss the ball' incident in the 1996 Grand Final gave the saints the momentum.

But our side was unsettled a bit without Kelly (who has been in great ball-extracting form recently), and we may have gone a bit too tall with West, Gamble (not sure where Hogan or Duncan went?) and with Moons and Pods in these conditions. Of course if Mooney kicked those early chances, we'd have been further in front.

Still, a chance to regroup, see what we need to do to improve against St.Kilda, and perhaps take some focus off us. We are still on top of the table, and still have Ottens and Corey out. Mooney and Scarlett played their first games in a while, and we will be better than this i'm sure.

It is also our 10th defeat since Rd 5 2007, so i am not calling panic stations yet.

The saints are getting back to last years form, they are starting to play that boring, pressure game that thy do so well. We were below average tonight, a lot of improvement to be done. I can't see another team but us stoping the Saints from going all the way this year, especially with Riewoldt back in the team.

I HATE that their BORING FLOODING game plan is getting credence because of this :mad: :mad:

I really hope nobody bags Gamble.

What was Bomber thinking playing him up forward when he has clearly been down back for the entire VFL season?

Anywho, well done to the Saints, better team on the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to quote all the twats who didnt give any respect to us at all (and I didnt tip us either but the twats saying 5-6 goals or more were trolls or idiots secure in last years GF win...no complaints you guys won and grats for it but for me it was more 08 and the Hawks...you dont need to be the best team just the best on the day) but that would be disrespectful to those of you with an unbiased take on things.

Great tight game (even though our style is a blight on the game :D sorry but the fool that said that well...do I need to say anything?) intense great pressure and damn good skills in the wet for both teams, happy to get a bit of space in the top 4 with security and looking forward to meeting you guys in the finals.

I loath your team but do respect you...2010 another year we can put each other to the KINFE!

WHat we know after today is

Mooney has difficulty kicking for goal under pressure, this will not change. I wonder how Harry would go in the forward line?

We can not handle the niggle

We are -
UNDISCIPLINES FOR SURE.

It does not matter how well you play if you have this approach. Hunt, Ling, Wogo, Sellwood etc etc

Why did noone look like they could stand up for us.

Where was Garry in the last quarter, how much time did he spend on the bench. I am cncerned that the chemistry did not look right

Lonergan deserves a medal

They had more hunger and desire.

When you are 3 goals down in the last quarter man up. How hard can this be. They just kept chipping it around. Game over

Iff Steve goes hor his hit on Baker Judd is protected for sure

You can not win every week but this was a bad effort for a game we would have set ourselves

How many injuries this week? Bartel, Harry, Johnson?

Long way to go this year but we were crap this week

It's not the end of the world, but it is the kick in the a*** that Geelong needed.

Apart from Selwood and, at times, Bartel, there was a distinct lack of effort, especially defensively across the field.

A timely reminder that winning games involves tackling and pressure over four quarters as well as flicking the ball around as you run through the middle of the park.

I'm very disappointed, but somewhat relieved to have got this reminder to shape up mid season rather than at the end of it.

A loss serves a more useful purpose than a win at this juncture.

(But I'd have happily taken the wind if I could!)

Yep, like we had it in 2008 and St.Kilda had it in '09 after finishing on top of the ladder.

Match is largely meaningless. If this was rd 21 or 22, maybe, but the repercussions will dissipate before next week let alone the finals. Saints played well, Geelong played poorly. If they meet again in the finals, both teams will look markedly different I expect so it all amounts to a hill of beans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Round 13 - St Kilda v Geelong, MCG, Friday 25 June 7:50PM (10 minutes delayed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back