Preview AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch Discussion, DaVe 86's Preview -post 75, Teams - post 119

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2004
ESSENDON
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
EDIT;

Well seeing a thread's been started, we may as well kick this off as the official Prematch Thread, and welcome discussion from Essendon guests onto our board.

We like good sensible discussion, don't mind it being robust, but don't tolerate personal abuse on either side very well, it's unnecessary and derails the thread. Bit like on the footy field itself -play the ball not the man!

Thanks all, loooking firward to everyone's constructive views :)

Swooop, on behalf of Collingwood Mods.

(Sorry Brad, back over to you....)

Look forward to meeting you guys again.

3 wins on the trot for us has us back in contention for the 8.

HOPING you smash the Blues today and soften them up for us next week (not that they need too much softening, Doggies saw to that last week).

We win next week it will set us up for another MASSIVE Collingwood Vs Essendon blockbuster on a Sunday afternoon at the G.

Of course you will be confident of putting us away BUT I'll be hoping we can reduce the loss to under 30pts from ANZAC Day. 30pts didn't really reflect that game either.

I'll be there today in the AFL members barracking for you guys (parents actually support the Pies).

Any chance we'll break the ANZAC Day crowd on July 31st?

Re: 2 weeks time

Yep, it will be a massive match, especially now that Essendon seem to have found some form again.

ANZAC day had a crowd of only 89,626, so there's a real chance of this game getting something comparable, if not more.

Just wondering whether the Sunday Arvo time slot might hurt the crowd a bit.

Anyway, will be a massive match, hopefully we can both beat the Blues to make it even bigger.:)

Re: 2 weeks time

Always good to beat some basement dwellers to boost the confidence :thumbsu:

Well its still two games away from our viewpoint v Carlton and GC whereas Bombers also have Carlton, next week.

So bit of water to go under the bridge to really line up current formlines...think our main test will be more mental than anything over the next few weeks, so will be fascinating to see how we handle that.

You'd hope and expect it to be well, we'll have a better idea in a few hours time.

Hopefully the bad news is all out in the open and we haven't just seen the opening few volleys, so we can get on and get this behind us :)

Essendon's season looked over a few weeks back and I think even many Don's supporters felt that way...kudos to you boys turning it around.

From an outsider's viewpoint, it seemed to be when you abandoned the three ruck policy which did appear to make you cumbersome, esp with Paddy appearing ( I say appearing) disinterested.

Interested to hear your versions of what or who you think have turned things around.

Re: AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch and Selection Discussion

Anyone hear Matty Llyod about our next 4 games??

Said we had 2 tough games and 2 games will win easily.Think he was referring that the Essendon game was a tough game:eek:

Anyone hear Matty Llyod about our next 4 games??

Said we had 2 tough games and 2 games will win easily.Think he was referring that the Essendon game was a tough game:eek:

I did hear that. Would you also consider the Saints a tough game? Please.....

I did hear that. Would you also consider the Saints a tough game? Please.....

you wouldn't? their in good form. any side in good form should be considered a tough game.

essendon always will at least try and get pumped up to play us. so yes, maybe one or two tough-ish games in there, considering we have GC and Port around them.

Any changes for this game I wonder?

BJ may miss, Daisy should be ok with any luck.

Don't think we have any concerns with MRP though you could never be 100% certain.

TBH i didn't hear if Essendon had any injury concerns but did hear that Jobe was wanting to play the Blues so he'll almost certainly come in.

Re: AFL Round 19 - COLL v ESSENDON Prematch and Selection Discussion

Jolly, Wellingham (feeling he was rested), Didak and possibly Beams will be right to come back.

Not sure if Dids and/or Beams will play VFL 1st. Personally, I'd play one in the AFL, the other in the VFL. Too risky to play 2 players coming off decent lay offs, especially Beams.

That leaves Dawes, awesome Possum is awesome & Heater to come back in.

I did read Pears may have a broken leg. Hocking & Watson should play. Hocking is a reasonable tagger.

Any changes for this game I wonder?

BJ may miss, Daisy should be ok with any luck.

Don't think we have any concerns with MRP though you could never be 100% certain.

TBH i didn't hear if Essendon had any injury concerns but did hear that Jobe was wanting to play the Blues so he'll almost certainly come in.

In: Jolly, Didak.
Out: Wood, McCarthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did read Pears may have a broken leg. Hocking & Watson should play. Hocking is a reasonable tagger.
Hocking and Watson back in are massive for the, probably makes them a 4-5 goal better side straight off.

But the loss of Pears, and the doubt over whether Fletcher will return or not, really makes their backline seem weak.

All we will have to do if Fletcher doesn't come up is to break even in the contested situations around the ground and we should win quite easily.

Yet, as Essendon showed, on their day they can match it with anyone (draw against Carlton and win over Geelong).

It will be interesting to see what we do with Didak and Beams, I'd like to see one bought straight in, and one play in the VFL, no idea who gets the senior nod though.

Wellers and Jolly should return too, which makes us stronger also.

Early tip, Pies by 36.:)

In: Jolly, Didak.
Out: Wood, McCarthy

Yeah Early on I go with that too but I would possibly Drop Buckley as well

In: Jolly, Wellingham, Didak
Out: Wood, McCarthy, Fasolo

If Beams is fit I'd bring him in for Buckley

I have my seats booked for sunday it'll be a good game to watch Hopefully my Cuz get's selected to play his 100th game for essendon

RRR ricky dyson how is he going with the ladies hopefully once he gets to his 100 he can start pushing out of boys for us ;)

^ How can you drop Fasolo inhuman to even think that.

A fit Dids will offer us a lot more than Fas did on Saturday night.

His time will come.

My ins and outs,

Jolly, Wellingham, Didak

Wood, McCarthy, Buckley.

Beams has been out for a while give him a run in the two.

Fasolo should be given another shot in the seniors.

you wouldn't? their in good form. any side in good form should be considered a tough game.

Still don't see the Saints as a tough game. When they beat a top 4 side then I will. Until then, they are team full of flogs with their recent wins coming against well below par teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back