Preview AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch Discussion, DaVe 86's Preview -post 75, Teams - post 119

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was looking fwd to seeing Ugle to be honest.....I know he didnt deserve the spot just yet but i think he would be good to ahve a look at as Kraks has a mortgage on that spot without having set the world on fire. The boy Ugle looks like he could step up

was looking fwd to seeing Ugle to be honest.....I know he didnt deserve the spot just yet but i think he would be good to ahve a look at as Kraks has a mortgage on that spot without having set the world on fire. The boy Ugle looks like he could step up

If he plays well in the VFL tommorow he could play vs Port

Agree last Month Krak has been very Ordinary

Re: R19 Match Preview: Collingwood v Essendon

You missed a zero.

I disagree. Try 'weather' or 'styles of hat amongst the crowd' for points of interest, I doubt the game will provide many.

Gawd.
With 4 guys they wouldn't have envisaged getting any seniors action, and another 2 with 'in case of emergency only' stamped on them in the squad of 25, to get within 8 goals will be a damned good effort.

The squad is down to bare bones.
Haven't been this down going into a game all year, not even Geelong - and I thought that'd be 10 goals.

Dempsey - Shaw

Hibberd - Toovey

Hocking - Didak

Hurley - Dawes

Lonergan - Dick

Pears - N.Brown

Winderlich - Wellingham

Fletcher

Hooker

Gumbleton

Lovett-Murray

Apart from one of Hooker, Hurley or Pears to play on Cloke and Fletcher to play as the loose general down back. I dont see what the big deal is with all this inj talk.

Dempsey - Shaw

Hibberd - Toovey

Hocking - Didak

Hurley - Dawes

Lonergan - Dick

Pears - N.Brown

Winderlich - Wellingham

Fletcher

Hooker

Gumbleton

Lovett-Murray

Apart from one of Hooker, Hurley or Pears to play on Cloke and Fletcher to play as the loose general down back. I dont see what the big deal is with all this inj talk.

Look at it from our angle. We are coming up against one of the in form forwards of the league in Cloke and our first, second, third, fourth and possibly fifth option in Gumbleton are all out. We have named a part time midfielder at FB and our CHB has played five games and you can'y see what the fuss is about :eek:

Look at it from our angle. We are coming up against one of the in form forwards of the league in Cloke and our first, second, third, fourth and possibly fifth option in Gumbleton are all out. We have named a part time midfielder at FB and our CHB has played five games and you can'y see what the fuss is about :eek:

Who cares where players are named on a team sheet. Its where they line up at the bounce that matters. As for your fifth gamer, well he can play on our third gamer in Keefe. Sorted!

Who cares where players are named on a team sheet. Its where they line up at the bounce that matters. As for your fifth gamer, well he can play on our third gamer in Keefe. Sorted!

Look at their defenders though, they have no defenders to match up with Cloke... That is his point. Myers is far too small and Carlisle is too inexperienced. The rest are also too small...

Look at their defenders though, they have no defenders to match up with Cloke... That is his point. Myers is far too small and Carlisle is too inexperienced. The rest are also too small...

Yes! Imagine what happens if you play keefe, brown, cloke and tarrant forward. Keefe might end up with slattery on him

Yes! Imagine what happens if you play keefe, brown, cloke and tarrant forward. Keefe might end up with slattery on him
Tarrant has spent 5 minutes forward all year, and that move was initiated because we were 5 goals down against Adelaide in the last quarter, I doubt that will happen again this year, let alone this week.

Keefe will get one of your young defenders, which will all but cancel that contest out (or at least it should), and Leigh Brown has been struggling for form since Dawes was injured, so he isn't the massive threat you may perceive him to be.

I think if Hille goes back, he will take Leeroy though, it's not a bad matchup for Essendon and Hille would then be able to drop off Brown and assist with Cloke.

Essendon will try and flood players back regularly, which to me goes against everything Hird has said about trying to make sure the game isn't played inside Collingwood's forward half.

In the end though, Cloke will make a contest no matter how many Essendon players drop back, and our small forwards and goal kicking mids (how the Bombers would love some of those;)) will kick the majority of our score, just like they do every week.

Cloke to kick 3-5 goals, our small/medium forwards will kick 10-12 between them, and our mids will chip in with 5-6 themselves, which will ultimately put up too high of a score for the Bombers to even get close.

Tarrant has spent 5 minutes forward all year, and that move was initiated because we were 5 goals down against Adelaide in the last quarter, I doubt that will happen again this year, let alone this week.

Keefe will get one of your young defenders, which will all but cancel that contest out (or at least it should), and Leigh Brown has been struggling for form since Dawes was injured, so he isn't the massive threat you may perceive him to be.

I think if Hille goes back, he will take Leeroy though, it's not a bad matchup for Essendon and Hille would then be able to drop off Brown and assist with Cloke.

Essendon will try and flood players back regularly, which to me goes against everything Hird has said about trying to make sure the game isn't played inside Collingwood's forward half.

In the end though, Cloke will make a contest no matter how many Essendon players drop back, and our small forwards and goal kicking mids (how the Bombers would love some of those;)) will kick the majority of our score, just like they do every week.

Cloke to kick 3-5 goals, our small/medium forwards will kick 10-12 between them, and our mids will chip in with 5-6 themselves, which will ultimately put up too high of a score for the Bombers to even get close.

You would think Ryder will take Cloke.

Ta be sure your lads are in for a bottom smacking of such epic proportions it will make the Titanic disaster look like a wee hole in ya water wings.:D

You would think Ryder will take Cloke.
I'd take that, but I don't think it will happen early, I think they'll go with one of their youngsters, and drop Hille back, and if that fails Ryder will be moved back fairly quickly.

Ryder is a terrible one on one defender from what I've seen, he isn't a bad loose man defender ala Reid or Maxwell, but if he does go to Cloke and Trav can drag him back to the square, Ryder will panic for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why isn't Wellingham playing this week?

I think he was listed or thought to have a groin injury last week?

EDIT.

Well thanks for that comment swooop, really got the debate going as usual :)

Thanks to all the posters and our Essendon guests for your insights.

As per usual, we'll close this now and adjourn to Matty's excellent Matchday Thread, the link of which is below..

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853561

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back