AFL Round 2 Brisbane Lions V Collingwood Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocca playing in the ruck/chb is like me saying Jono Brown played midfield earlier in his career just because he had 3 or 4 stints there a few years back....mind you he did have 29 possessions and a few goals against Freo from memory :thumbsu:.

Just for another non-Collingwood opinion of Rocca, he has actually played more than just token stints in the ruck over his career. He played five seasons straight where he had more than 100 hitouts in a season (highest total of 130) and he's topped over 10 hitouts in a game fourteen times. He's also had 19 hitouts in a game. Which means he hasn't played whole games in the ruck but he's done his share.

Info from here

No idea bout whether he's played CHB but I do remember seeing him spend some reasonable time in the ruck in the past so I just wanted to check the stats for myself.

Now let that be the last time I have to do so much research about a Collingwood player :)

Good luck Hendo. Good inclusion to help address a lack of key targets up around the CHF line. Also might help prevent Browny from fainting......though it won't really be hot tomorrow.

Hopefully Proud can get in and do some grunt work in the clinches.

I'm a little surprised to see Stiller dropped. I am a fan of his and thought his ability to run could have been very valuable coming of such a gruelling match and a short week.

Great to see Henderson, Sherman and Proud play though, I am excited to these guys go in "the real stuff".

I felt Stiller did have a poor game against West Coast but I did think that Riska was under more pressure than him but there you go.

I think this is a better lineup than last week actually.

In: Proud, Sherman, Henderson
Out: Robert Copeland (ankle), Troy Selwood, Cheynee Stiller (omitted)

Wow, I wasn't expecting Stiller to be dropped:eek: Could he have a little niggle that the Lions are trying to keep quiet?

I'm stoked about the INS though. Really looking forward to seeing all 3 get a run.

By the way I read an interesting article in the Australian about Collingwood's use of the interchange bench. Leigh has been criticised for not using enough rotations, and has indicated he needs to rotate players more. It seems Collingwood have got the jump on this one, so hopefully Fletcher will help with a bit of inside info. Last week we were hampered by a few injuries, so this week will give us a better idea of where we're at.

Yeah, I read the same article. It's a fascinating window into what coaching depts and fitness staff are coming up with these days. I'm not that surprised that we're rotating more players more often. What surprises me is that the catalyst was 'an improved mathematical formula to measure player workload and fatigue on match days'.

I wonder if this sort of research is an offshoot from the AFL allowing players to wear GPS units over the last two or three years.

Coaching is definitely well and truly in the 21st century.

Rocca playing in the ruck/chb is like me saying Jono Brown played midfield earlier in his career just because he had 3 or 4 stints there a few years back....mind you he did have 29 possessions and a few goals against Freo from memory :thumbsu:.

I wasn't confident against the WC, not at all, but I haven't been so sure of a Brisbane win over the Pies since the 2003 Grand Final; that day I had my "Game Over" sign out at the 27 min mark of the 2nd qtr when Blacky send one through from 50 :D

Ahhhhhhhh those we're the days :)

Brisbane
I do not at all like this sort of tone in the official game thread.

We have a number of good quality Collingwood posters in this thread and I would appreciate it if your attempts to bait them finished right here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

big fat boooooo :thumbsdown:

Kudos on doing the reserch ZoBlitz :thumbsu:

worried about henderson getting a game, shades of clarke last year. fingers crossed he plays down back. don't be surprised if toovey comes in for johnson, to play as that extra tall.

on paper we look more solid, but that might be the fact that c.keating is missing from the rucks;). expecting to win by 17, will be shattered if we lost.

Very happy to see Henderson, Proud and Sherman in the team,

Henderson will give us a third tall option forward, i don't think he will play back, Leigh indicated he wanted more goal kicking options, Proud will play midfield and rest forward, adding grunt and potentially another crumbing forward, Sherman is interesting, surely he has been picked as Stiller's replacement, i would expect to see him get tagging job on either Davis, Didak or Swan. I was surprised to see Stiller out of the team. I think we may see Brennan play more midfield this week and maybe Leigh has definitely ruled him out of being a 3rd tall forward in the team plan.

Really happy to see Selwood got the axe over Corrie and Hooper, i think this is a massive step forward and the realisation that you must have a couple of game breakers in every team.

Just for another non-Collingwood opinion of Rocca, he has actually played more than just token stints in the ruck over his career. He played five seasons straight where he had more than 100 hitouts in a season (highest total of 130) and he's topped over 10 hitouts in a game fourteen times. He's also had 19 hitouts in a game. Which means he hasn't played whole games in the ruck but he's done his share.

Info from here

No idea bout whether he's played CHB but I do remember seeing him spend some reasonable time in the ruck in the past so I just wanted to check the stats for myself.

Now let that be the last time I have to do so much research about a Collingwood player :)

Thank you for actually caring to look instead of just posting rubbish, i assure you rocca played his share as a loose man in defence too.

I cant see why you guys are so overly confident last week you played and lost in a hard fought game in perth where as we overran a struggling freo side at home so we should go in really on level begging.

With our midfield rotations i think we can match you guys in the engine room especially since you gave us wood and i rate our forwards and defemders to win thier positions.

So Collingwood by 12

Very happy to see Henderson, Proud and Sherman in the team,

Henderson will give us a third tall option forward, i don't think he will play back, Leigh indicated he wanted more goal kicking options, Proud will play midfield and rest forward, adding grunt and potentially another crumbing forward...

Unlike the majority view, I tend to agree about Hendo in the forward pocket.

I do not at all like this sort of tone in the official game thread.

We have a number of good quality Collingwood posters in this thread and I would appreciate it if your attempts to bait them finished right here.
Thanks weevil. that xtended post was not really needed

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 2 Brisbane Lions V Collingwood Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back