Game Day AFL Round 7 - Matchday Discussion Port Adelaide@Collingwood(Marvel Stadium– 7:50PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the midfield and clearance battle that's got me worried in this match. If their mids keep reading Grundy's taps and hammer it into our defensive 50 over and over it could be a very tight match. Lycett and Ryder areboth good players and could spell trouble. Man, hope we can win this one. Our forward line is potent, and as long as we can keep it up there more we will prevail i think.

Port are playing good footy. there mids pose a real threat, they are hard in and under and we cant afford to get smashed in clearances again like last week. But I think we can really expose them on the transition and do some damage. De Goey is starting in the mid, but id like to see him predominantly forward tonight, I think with Cox out we cant afford to lose anymore structure up fwd. Going to be a cracking contest, id consider moving the pig onto Boak to reduce his influence. Boak has been outstanding so far and has been one of the best in the comp, need to watch him closely.
I think we will take this by 2-3 goals. WHE to kick 4 and Adams BOG with 33 and a major

Port are playing good footy. there mids pose a real threat, they are hard in and under and we cant afford to get smashed in clearances again like last week. But I think we can really expose them on the transition and do some damage. De Goey is starting in the mid, but id like to see him predominantly forward tonight, I think with Cox out we cant afford to lose anymore structure up fwd. Going to be a cracking contest, id consider moving the pig onto Boak to reduce his influence. Boak has been outstanding so far and has been one of the best in the comp, need to watch him closely.
I think we will take this by 2-3 goals. WHE to kick 4 and Adams BOG with 33 and a major

It'd be a bit weird to play Rockliff on Boak.

But in all seriousness I reckon Pig Greenwood will go to the real Pig Rockliff, and skip (Pendles) will go to our real skip (Boaky).

Should be a ripper match.

Hate us playing at Telstra, Etihad, Marvel. Especially when it’s our home ground.

Danger game.

C’mon Pies!

I very much doubt the boys think they just have to turn up.
You are right.

Though technically they do have to turn up.
At the ground. Ready to get in their football gear.

You are right.

Though technically they do have to turn up.
At the ground. Ready to get in their football gear.

I hope they don't get fooled by this stupid "Marvel" crap. It'll be bloody disappointing if they turn up to a cinema where End Game is showing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope they don't get fooled by this stupid "Marvel" crap. It'll be bloody disappointing if they turn up to a cinema where End Game is showing.
And run out with capes and high boots and undies over their shorts

:eek:

I read somewhere that we are a 70% chance to win.
I can’t get beyond this as a 50/50 game.
Why? Because they are playing with desire and youth.
We are playing like a rolls Royce with spark plugs that only fire every fourth revolution.
When the plugs fire we are unbeatable. But there’s a broken lead somewhere.
As you all know, I’m pessimistic when it comes to the Pies. Decades of following does that to you....
Still, I don’t want the headlines “upset Win” to ruin my weekend.
Pies by 2...... points.

How's everyone going with their slab consumption.. up to me 8th can mate.. timing me run

Might start with a Negroni, flatbread and olives and then move onto a few tasty Pilseners before heading to the ground. Then I eat and drink the glorious food of the masses. Shit beer and fried unidentified chicken bits.

Might start with a Negroni, flatbread and olives and then move onto a few tasty Pilseners before heading to the ground. Then I eat and drink the glorious food of the masses. **** beer and fried unidentified chicken bits.
I recommend staying at home.

Bummed I can’t make it tonight. I can’t remember ever going to a Pies victory over the Power and feel we might just get them tonight.

Carn the Pies!

How will the umpires benefit from my unbiased, detailed and colourful performance review if I'm not there to deliver it in person?
True.
If we were playing this home game at our home stadium I would go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back