Preview AFL Round 9 - Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, Friday 21 May 7:40PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunt man what are you doing?
Mackie, Blake playing well. If only he hit our guys with his taps.

Anybody think they have been getting the run with the umpires. No deliberate. Johnno called play on so quick.The old problem of conversion.Under pressure , players tend to revert to their norm. Byrne's missing that shot was not good.

All good to get this sort pressure. Very much a finals type game

Anyone else think Varcoe lacks intensity? - didn't look like he was going 100% there in places.

Good to see Collingwood have changed their exciting game plan and gone with the St Kilda flood instead. :rolleyes:

We're dominating the general play but skills aren't great and not making the most of our opportunities. If we can start to use the ball a bit better and get it into the forward line quicker we should run away with it in the third..

Probably the best half I've ever seen Blake play, too.[/quote]

Agree he has been on top of Jolly from the first bounce.

However the other whipping boy, Byrnes doing his best to annoy with some bad misses

Good to see Collingwood have changed their exciting game plan and gone with the St Kilda flood instead. :rolleyes:

We're dominating the general play but skills aren't great and not making the most of our opportunities. If we can start to use the ball a bit better and get it into the forward line quicker we should run away with it in the third..

Probably the best half I've ever seen Blake play, too.[/quote]

Agree he has been on top of Jolly from the first bounce.

However the other whipping boy, Byrnes doing his best to annoy with some bad misses

Yep - "shanka" showed up tonight.... :(

Anyone else think Varcoe lacks intensity? - didn't look like he was going 100% there in places.

He will get better if it opens up a bit. I still think Trav gets lost in these big games that are always full of pressure and are tight and hard. He's sort of content to do these little cameo type things and try not to make mistakes. One of these days he will wake up up , get out of bed and realise he is as talented as anyone and decide to take on all comers.

BULLSHIT UMPIRE calling play on BULLSHIT. Memories of the JC "play on" last year. SET SHOT AT GOAL UMPIRE.

sheesh... talk about stepping it up a notch!!!

Geelong just played 15 minutes of some of the best footy I have seen in the last 5 years....

No advantage....****ing shithouse umpiring.

PODS..KICK THE ****ING GOALS FFS...

Ohhh..that's more like it and what we should've done leading into the main break.

Now help moondog kick 5 in the last. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sheesh... talk about stepping it up a notch!!!

Geelong just played 15 minutes of some of the best footy I have seen in the last 5 years....

Oooooh yeah , what a fukn team .

Collingwood are good , but **** me , your mob is on fire !

Iv'e watched Pods closely tonight , he is not only a decent player who has fought hard to make it , he is a hard **** also !

I ****ing love this team. Halfway through the 3rd quarter we looked gone, but we put the foot down for 10 minutes, and turned a deficit into a match winning lead.

And we've still got to find room in this team for Ottens, Corey and Rooke!

Jeesh Byrnes has made some errors tonight!!

I think that if you were to watch a replay you would find that he was not alone. I was frustrated by how many times Geelong players kicked the ball clearly to the opposition. They couldn't have done it better if Collingwood players were wearing the hoops. Enright, Mackie, Selwood ect.

Could have won by more if the disposal into the forward line was better.

But in the end the correct team won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back