Preview AFL Round 9 - Geelong v Western Bulldogs, Etihad Stadium, 7:50PM Friday 25 May

Predict the winner and margin

• Western Bulldogs by 49+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western Bulldogs by 25-48

• Western Bulldogs by 1-24

• Draw

• Geelong by 1-24

• Geelong by 25-48

• Geelong by 49+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's the thing mate, if ever a team was going to do it, it would be this team. We have done the impossible before. We looked good in the 2nd half against the Pies. If that carries over we can win a few in a row.:thumbsu:

Yeah something looked as though it clicked in that second half - it was just due to inaccurate kicking that we didnt end up winning by a decent margin.

The press in the last quarter was just magnificent to watch in full flight & reminded me of our run into the finals last year.

The roof open remark was mostly tongue in cheek, of course.

But more my way of saying that I think this game is critical for this season. The four points have to be won, whatever it takes.
I think the team will gain more (confidence, momentum, etc) from a win than anything they might gain from playing in perfect conditions.

The roof open remark was mostly tongue in cheek, of course.

But more my way of saying that I think this game is critical for this season. The four points have to be won, whatever it takes.
I think the team will gain more (confidence, momentum, etc) from a win than anything they might gain from playing in perfect conditions.

That's a fair comment. We win this.. Freo and Saints lose we are in 8th spot. With GWS and Carlton also now out of form.. Win those 2 and after the bye should have some players back for a nice run:)

^^ Why are the calls for the roof to be open? If we are to have a crack this year we have to beat the doggies under normal conditions.. if we have to resort to rain for a win against another struggling side then we mine as well pack up and start training for 2013...

People round here lost lots of faith in 4 losses....:(

Do u know what? get all our players on the park and we'll have the most depth in the competition because of all the blooding we have done now..

I reckon the kids will enjoy a game inside.

But you are wrong about the last bit. Giving a kid a game doesn't mean you have depth.

We had depth in 08 etc. not now.
Now they are just 'fillers' whilst they get experience.

What I find funny is the comments I've heard that this is Geelongs last crack at the flag.
Right now I don't think we can win this flag. But jesus, if we do, we'll be even better next year.

Malthouse tipped the Dogs tonight :confused:

I hope he won't be doing the special comments tonight.....how bitter he will become once Cats get on a run do put this game to bed by halftime.

Answer..

Permanent offended from Saturday October 1 2011

We need the side, particularly The 2 big forwards to start taking more contested marks and regaining a bit of form and confidence (which has dropped off in the last 2 weeks) and there is no better way of doing this than in perfect conditions.
The closed roof could be the tonic to restart the season and regain a little bit of belief.

They could do all the above md21 or they could take the easy way out and just kick straight.:)

^^ Why are the calls for the roof to be open? If we are to have a crack this year we have to beat the doggies under normal conditions.. if we have to resort to rain for a win against another struggling side then we mine as well pack up and start training for 2013...

People round here lost lots of faith in 4 losses....:(

Do u know what? get all our players on the park and we'll have the most depth in the competition because of all the blooding we have done now..

Is that you K.Rudd?:D

They could do all the above md21 or they could take the easy way out and just kick straight.:)

I hear what you're saying about the inaccuracy although at times in the last 2 weeks they've seemed a bit hesitant and havn't attacked the footy like we know they can. Hawkins seemed to lose all confidence after a couple of early misses and never recovered. Pods looks as though he was sore at times last week. Not sure.

I found the following in the HUN.

We're hearing big Bulldog Ayce Cordy won't play at Etihad Stadium tonight. One of emergencies Clay Smith, Liam Jones or Christian Howard will be a late inclusion, with our money on Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back