AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

For full strength, the prices aren’t that out of step with a lot of city pubs charging around $12 a schooner. For midstrength great northern, being expected to pay the same amount is a farce. Outside of the CBD/Richmond, there’s plenty of places selling schooners for $7-10 and occasionally as low as $5. But can’t really argue the beer prices are extortionate compared to other City venues. What is completely lacking however is the service - changing the offerings for boxing day to mid only was very poor and they no longer serve pint glasses in the bunton which were slightly better value for money and saved queuing as fast. Definitely a lot of erosion in the AFL members offering with the area not even being separated from the public these days.
$14 pint in glass > $12 schooner in plastic every day of the week.

I remember sucking on the Bulmers pints for $9.90 in 2014 watching the Hawks smash the Saints by 145 points in the Haydn Bunton bar because it was frigid outside!

Good days. Miss them
I remember drinking $8 pints in 2012 watching you mob beat us by 162 points.

I don’t miss those days ! 🤣

It's disintegrated into a real shitshow. Pure greed and contempt for fans.
It really has mate. I mean, it wasn’t that long ago I was going to games at Leichhardt Oval and buying $5 cans.

I understand more than most the cost of the product and the labour has increased but these guys don’t have to be making 65% GP off the end consumer at sporting events.

They don’t have to pay for anything other than the staff and the product.

No other overheads.

Why are they charging like they’re a pub?

I’ve only 2 feet but am more than happy to vote with them and not attend. Not that it matters as a Giants fan as we don’t have many that turn up anyway !

It really has mate. I mean, it wasn’t that long ago I was going to games at Leichhardt Oval and buying $5 cans.

I understand more than most the cost of the product and the labour has increased but these guys don’t have to be making 65% GP off the end consumer at sporting events.

No other overheads.

I’ve only 2 feet but am more than happy to vote with them and not attend. Not that it matters as a Giants fan as we don’t have many that turn up anyway !
The bars suffer now because Joe Blow, the nuff in GA can just waltz over and plonk himself inside all day! There is no incentive to be an AFL member. I have no idea why people are joining up. Just save for GF tickets in the corporate area

I’m too old for CBD bars mate. They’re for the young folk.

Pubs I’m going to I’m paying $14 for a pint of Guinness. And I can’t do that in the outer at the MCG.
Yep - that was just my point of comparison when comparing the price of MCG schooners (full-strength) to other bars/pubs in the area. Charging the same for mid-strength though is just laughable.

No other overheads.

You've forgotten to include the biggest cost and that is the rent they pay to the MCG.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All we need is instead of having some old person on a chair checking tickets (who sometimes have nfi), is a barrier where you need to scan your ticket/membership card in order to enter/leave the AFL Member areas.
The fact is, they want the filth in there.

They don't want GA overfilling. AFL Members is a dumping ground

On the other hand, ticket prices have remained frozen for years depsite huge inflation.
Memberships haven't though.

All we need is instead of having some old person on a chair checking tickets (who sometimes have nfi), is a barrier where you need to scan your ticket/membership card in order to enter/leave the AFL Member areas.
They have that on L2 and L2A but I've never seen them used.

Does anyone know whether the Bronze membership gets you in the queue for Gold?

I only just realised Bronze existed. 15 games is about what I'd go to most years, $300 is pretty good value.
No, just silver.

Does anyone know whether the Bronze membership gets you in the queue for Gold?

I only just realised Bronze existed. 15 games is about what I'd go to most years, $300 is pretty good value.
You need to be Silver first for a year. Part of the sign up is the waitlist payment

After that you can drop down to Bronze. I have been bronze for a few years and still move up. My renewal also had the waitlist itemised for me and my 2 toddlers (under7 membership which is one payment at the start then nothing until they turn 7)

1709688767096.png

You need to be Silver first for a year. Part of the sign up is the waitlist payment

After that you can drop down to Bronze. I have been bronze for a few years and still move up. My renewal also had the waitlist itemised for me and my 2 toddlers (under7 membership which is one payment at the start then nothing until they turn 7)

View attachment 1920785
I enquired about this late last year.
First contact told me you can only do this for one more season, ie 2024 and that's it.
Second was flat out no you won't move up the list any more, ie starting this year.
I figured they don't even communicate what's going on to their staff properly so I stuck with silver. I want to see something published on their site before changing.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back