Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any information out there that lists all current restricted free agents for 2024? Obviously a lot can change between now and then, just interested to see who might be available on the market next year.

Is there any information out there that lists all current restricted free agents for 2024? Obviously a lot can change between now and then, just interested to see who might be available on the market next year.

Not perfectly accurate but generally decent

Jackson Hately delisted. What happened to him? He was a pretty highly rated in his draft year. His decision to force his way back to Adelaide doesn’t seem to have aged very well.

Jackson Hately delisted. What happened to him? He was a pretty highly rated in his draft year. His decision to force his way back to Adelaide doesn’t seem to have aged very well.
Yeh i was just about to mention him aswell. He is the perfect size (191cm big bodied mid) we are lacking but I guess he just isnt any good? If we had enough list spots i would give him a crack.

His ball winning ability was not good. Too slow off the mark for someone that didnt read it that well. Thought he looked okay at times off half back but not really worth pursuing.

David Zita in trade radio saying McKay has gone with the Hawks.
Well See Season 6 GIF by The Office

Hey guys
New to the Essendon board. Have mostly been on this forum for the AFL games regrettably 🤣

What do we think of Cox ?
I personally think we should put his name out there and see what’s available. He’s just another Kepler Bradley imo.
Three top 10 picks in 2020 and I feel like we only got 1 correct. At least so far. Reid is a wait and see but if he can’t get his body right next season, it has all the makings of another Gumbleton
Welcome to the Essendon board. God speed.

I get Cale Morton vibes when he’s on the wing. Agree he is a concern, but his running ability is a massive asset so he’s not yet a lost cause. We sell him now we will get cents to the dollar. I think let’s see if his body will hold up to a preseason and then see what he’s made of next season before we sell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tsatas as a winger is 0 chance unless he dramatically improves his running this offseason. Came near last previous pre season in 2km trial, and that was before the MCL. Would get smoked on a wing unless he blows everyone away this pre season.

We defs need further wing depth this year, as we know cox is ineffective there and if duz or Martin get injured we are cooked.

Spoken like a fella who has forgotten the one-year deal for Shaka Knackers Yeah No Doubt.

Tsatas as a winger is 0 chance unless he dramatically improves his running this offseason. Came near last previous pre season in 2km trial, and that was before the MCL. Would get smoked on a wing unless he blows everyone away this pre season.

We defs need further wing depth this year, as we know cox is ineffective there and if duz or Martin get injured we are cooked.
His kicking too, but hopefully the wing role provides him some space to fix that.

Get onto the program martin undertook and see what it opens up

Welcome to the Essendon board. God speed.

I get Cale Morton vibes when he’s on the wing. Agree he is a concern, but his running ability is a massive asset so he’s not yet a lost cause. We sell him now we will get cents to the dollar. I think let’s see if his body will hold up to a preseason and then see what he’s made of next season before we sell.
Cheers mate !

Yeah I suppose so. I guess I’m just concerned that it’ll likely result in us getting absolutely nothing out of him.
Hope he proves me wrong though

You really don't understand context do you.

Any future cap increase is irrelevant to the compo pick awarded this year.

Each year the bands change somewhat, but clubs (and supporters now) have a fair sense of where the various bands fall. As the player wages change, this will move. But for tthe purposes of calculating compo in any given year - e.g. 2023 for Ben McKay - any future cap increase is irrelevant.
It should be

Unless its incorperated into the deal which Essendon apparently dont do

Hey guys
New to the Essendon board. Have mostly been on this forum for the AFL games regrettably 🤣

What do we think of Cox ?
I personally think we should put his name out there and see what’s available. He’s just another Kepler Bradley imo.
Three top 10 picks in 2020 and I feel like we only got 1 correct. At least so far. Reid is a wait and see but if he can’t get his body right next season, it has all the makings of another Gumbleton
You'll fit right in here, writing off a young KP player after a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back