Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be opposed to McKay if the time and money is right but I also kind of want to see us not get him and get rid of Zerk at the same time. See how we fair, and if Reid can get on the park with Cox pinch hitting.

The only downside is I've looked ahead for the next 2 years in terms of free agency and there's not much on offer. Either they're too old or too small. But it picks back up after that though, so if we bite the pillow for a couple of years we could use the coin we've tucked away to prepare an all-out assault for the cogs we'd need around the time we'd expect our window to open.
To be fair, as much as it sucks, it’s exactly what we should be doing. Hold off, build from the draft and hopefully we target the missing pieces to tilt for a flag in two/three years time.

To be fair, as much as it sucks, it’s exactly what we should be doing. Hold off, build from the draft and hopefully we target the missing pieces to tilt for a flag in two/three years time.

Technically the more sensible thing to do which would probably net us the biggest outcome down the line.

But people love short-cuts and risking it.

On a side-note, Ben McKay is apparently good friends with Ridley.

Not sure if that matters but could be something that would benefit the both of them if he did come to us.

Hawks board already planning for life with McKay, the Melts if he backflipped again would be spectacular viewing.

id melt harder getting McKay than they would losing him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact Hawthorn are offering more and he still doesn’t know what he wants is kinda hilarious.

Given North had their B&F tonight I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

North had their BNF on Saturday night just gone actually. So I thought we would have heard for sure by now, I’d imagine by Friday at the latest

Think we only have room for 1 of Gresh/Lohman. Gresham only makes sense as a small forward. There is no midfield time available for him. If he's looking for anything above 500k and midfield minutes he can keep walking and look somewhere else. Would rather play A Davey/Tex.

Goldstein makes a lot of sense to me, will be happy if we land him.

Harmes makes no sense for us in current situation (Caldwell, Setterfield, Hobbs, Parish, Merrett, Tsatas, Shiel is already an issue). Do like him as a player though.

James Jordan as a FA at 22 years old would be a no brainer. Hope we are in the hunt.

McKay i would've been happy with the Joe Daniher 3x800 with smooth out extension. 7x800 straight up is fantastic work by his management. Baldwin, Laverde, Weideman, Reid, Cox, Hayes, Ridley is enough to work with if we miss.

Think we only have room for 1 of Gresh/Lohman. Gresham only makes sense as a small forward. There is no midfield time available for him. If he's looking for anything above 500k and midfield minutes he can keep walking and look somewhere else. Would rather play A Davey/Tex.

Goldstein makes a lot of sense to me, will be happy if we land him.

Harmes makes no sense for us in current situation (Caldwell, Setterfield, Hobbs, Parish, Merrett, Tsatas, Shiel is already an issue). Do like him as a player though.

James Jordan as a FA at 22 years old would be a no brainer. Hope we are in the hunt.

McKay i would've been happy with the Joe Daniher 3x800 with smooth out extension. 7x800 straight up is fantastic work by his management. Baldwin, Laverde, Weideman, Reid, Cox, Hayes, Ridley is enough to work with if we miss.
Lohnman resigned at lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back