Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done sir

R.7d33a0b89f4e9871b07ba792070eca3b

Adding;
A ruckman who gets the gig and has experience
A full back with size and marking ability
An AFL standard small forward
quite possibly a seasoned big mid coming from a premiership winning system

am i asking too much for a decent CHF?

Can’t underestimate the signing of Goldstein. He’s still a top 5 rated ruck in the competition when it comes to hitouts to advantage which will be a huge step up from Draper (who I think will compliment Todd well given his vastly different attributes) and Bryan (who is still developing and a few years off making a real impact).

Adding;
A ruckman who gets the gig and has experience
A full back with size and marking ability
An AFL standard small forward
quite possibly a seasoned big mid coming from a premiership winning system

am i asking too much for a decent CHF?
Harmes isn't really a BBM. He's a medium mid with strong work rate.

I’m warming to Harmes. You are right he’s not going to be that big bodied mid we are after but I think he is the type of player you want playing in finals.
If our midfield 5/6 is Parish, Merrett, Setterfield, Harmes, Caldwell and Hobbs you have two attacking mids, two defensive mids and two balanced mids. It's nicely placed.

really thought that a lot of people saying we shouldn't get goldstein were pretty narrow sighted. it's better to have some depth in reserve (like with andrew phillips for example) as injuries and suspensions happen (and imo happen more often to big men). goldstein is a fantastic player and should hopefully provide a substantial improvement to our overall work ethic and improve the clubs culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harmes would add a nice bit of grunt to the midfield. Never seems to be just plotting along, I’ve always been a fan. Loving our moves so far

Hopefully the Gresham/Shiel swap is a fair one and it doesn’t damper my mood, let’s see
Saints bnf tonight I believe, so we may hear something from gresh over the next day or 2.

He leads by example on the track, in recovery and off the field through his professionalism.
By trading him out and bringing in a draft pick, we bring in a player who needs to be led by example on the track, in recovery and off the field through demonstrations of professionalism, lest they become one of the party boys.
Well obviously he has not lead by example in preparation given Scott flamed the young blokes for lack of preparation .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back